I've done a few tweaks to my phone from places like this and XDA, and have noticed my battery life has severely suffered because of it. Unfortunately in my haste I pretty much did all of these at around the same interval, so I've no way to pinpoint the culprit(s) without uninstalling one by one and testing.

I was planning to install a new custom ROM anyway, which some require a fresh wipe. I just want to know if doing a factory reset will ensure everything is back to what it was, completely unaltered. I'm fairly sure I read that some mods do have trace elements left even after a conventional uninstall. I want to make sure none of it is left.
    08-01-2011 01:47 PM
    I am assuming that you are rooted since you installing mods. I would just use the stickie and go back to ed2, do the OTA updates and then put on the new rom. Doing all the wipes in between of course.
    08-01-2011 11:20 PM
    I am assuming that you are rooted since you installing mods. I would just use the stickie and go back to ed2, do the OTA updates and then put on the new rom. Doing all the wipes in between of course.
    just tried thye ed2 from droid X ,,,,, no way hosea.... its a closed door
    i am also looking for a way back to stock
    if ya find one ..please pm me with its location
    08-02-2011 01:49 AM
    just tried thye ed2 from droid X ,,,,, no way hosea.... its a closed door
    i am also looking for a way back to stock
    if ya find one ..please pm me with its location
    what is going wrong?
    08-02-2011 02:02 AM
    I had it fail the first few times because I thought I knew what I was doing, but then i read the thread again and found this:

Remove SIM card
    If flash fails with battery out try with battery in

Taking the batter out, going into DL mode and then putting the battery back in was the cure for me
    08-02-2011 02:09 AM
    I had it fail the first few times because I thought I knew what I was doing, but then i read the thread again and found this:

Remove SIM card
    If flash fails with battery out try with battery in

Taking the batter out, going into DL mode and then putting the battery back in was the cure for me
    welp pizza it all happened easy as pie... i had my charge ,, was doing good.. hated the "Lets Golf" and other hidden bloatwares so i rooted.. i have done everything in the book to get back to stock.. and bang right off the bat,, my charge is hung in a constant reboot. soft bricked a couple of times. didnt panic tried out the ed2 thingy at XDA and still hanging at re-boot loop.. constant "Droid" sound and then it tries to fireup and rolls right back into the re-boot...
    darned fassy was easier to get outta the hole.. but charge is/was a sweet phone.. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp
    08-02-2011 09:08 AM
    welp pizza it all happened easy as pie... i had my charge ,, was doing good.. hated the "Lets Golf" and other hidden bloatwares so i rooted.. i have done everything in the book to get back to stock.. and bang right off the bat,, my charge is hung in a constant reboot. soft bricked a couple of times. didnt panic tried out the ed2 thingy at XDA and still hanging at re-boot loop.. constant "Droid" sound and then it tries to fireup and rolls right back into the re-boot...
    darned fassy was easier to get outta the hole.. but charge is/was a sweet phone.. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp
    I saw in the other thread that you might have had a bad cord. That was my next suggestion if putting the battery back in did not solve the problem. I am assuming by the other thread that all is good now correct? The Charge isnt that much different than the fassy, it is just different from what we are used to
    08-02-2011 07:04 PM
    I saw in the other thread that you might have had a bad cord. That was my next suggestion if putting the battery back in did not solve the problem. I am assuming by the other thread that all is good now correct? The Charge isnt that much different than the fassy, it is just different from what we are used to
    late to reply but i did change cords back to original that came with it and also installed the battery.. and reloaded a fresh EE4 file ..dl'ed 2 times to be sure file sizes were same or ???? the last resort that i tried was a poor file as i also dl'ed again. larger than first but i used the EE4 and went back to stock.. easy as pie..
    so
    same cord
    fully charged battery
    proper file
    battery in and odin set to PDA. it found the pit file where ever it was and alls well....
    08-18-2011 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD