you can hide all the apps or a few with launcher pro preference .click on the menu tab then select "General Settings" Then Hidden.. walla no bloatware and you are still stock..
    08-02-2011 10:49 PM
    I also do it with applications that have no configuration options to keep the app drawer down to a reasonable size. Such as adfree. I set it to notify me once a day if there is an update, then I hid it

Good tip
    08-03-2011 12:01 AM
    you can hide all the apps or a few with launcher pro preference .click on the menu tab then select "General Settings" Then Hidden.. walla no bloatware and you are still stock..
    The only problem with that is, is you are not really addressing the problem that makes people want to get rid of bloatware. You are just hiding the app icon.... not removing the "bloat". The apps will still continue to run in the background and eat up valuable RAM and battery... which will effect the performance of your phone.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    08-03-2011 07:13 AM
    Or you could just root and install Bloat Freezer... simple as hell to freeze that crap with Bloat Freezer. Out of your launcher, out of memory, can't eat up CPU cycles.
    08-04-2011 08:31 AM
    What "general setting"? I do not see that... Clicked menu button\ settings\ ?
    09-06-2011 08:37 PM
    It is in Launcher pro, not the regular settings you may have missed that from the OP
    09-06-2011 09:01 PM
    Or you could just root and install Bloat Freezer... simple as hell to freeze that crap with Bloat Freezer. Out of your launcher, out of memory, can't eat up CPU cycles.
    I want to root,,but i want a real root,,, although we have the super user and terminal emulator we still do not have a true root... a simple prog named ,,,check root,, can prove it..
    i have tried many of the current roms and settled in on 1.9.1 then to FE 2.0 and once there i was not true rooted so i went back to stock EE4 and sstarted back up the line.. now i am setting here wondering which way to go,,

theres only one true root that i have checked out and it is true root its made by
    "Imoseyon_lean_kernal 1.2.1"
    even has that sexy womans voice like i am used to hearing when i root...
    but this dad gum droid charge has a mind of its on..
    i rooted with Imosy.. installed 1.9.1. checked it was not roooted
    so i resstarted fresh,, loaded 1.9.1 then Imosey lean and same thing no root..

only way i can be truely rooted is just to run Imosyon_lean_kernal 1.2.1

any thing i might have missed i would surely want to know about it... any critics feel free to smoke this prob over... any and all suggestions are welcome,, including you that carry a leather horse whip.. slap that thing and send me to right direct direction.. but i want a true Root,,,, not that inbetween thing charge roms now days seem to have.... remember if you think you are truely rooted run root checker and voltage control.. besides voltage can increase or decrease yer processor speed..
    09-06-2011 09:54 PM
    what are you missing? super user IS Root.
    09-06-2011 11:38 PM
    the sexy womans voice is from the voodoo conversion by the way
    09-06-2011 11:42 PM
    I want to root,,but i want a real root,,, although we have the super user and terminal emulator we still do not have a true root... a simple prog named ,,,check root,, can prove it..
    i have tried many of the current roms and settled in on 1.9.1 then to FE 2.0 and once there i was not true rooted so i went back to stock EE4 and sstarted back up the line.. now i am setting here wondering which way to go,,

theres only one true root that i have checked out and it is true root its made by
    "Imoseyon_lean_kernal 1.2.1"
    even has that sexy womans voice like i am used to hearing when i root...
    but this dad gum droid charge has a mind of its on..
    i rooted with Imosy.. installed 1.9.1. checked it was not roooted
    so i resstarted fresh,, loaded 1.9.1 then Imosey lean and same thing no root..

only way i can be truely rooted is just to run Imosyon_lean_kernal 1.2.1

any thing i might have missed i would surely want to know about it... any critics feel free to smoke this prob over... any and all suggestions are welcome,, including you that carry a leather horse whip.. slap that thing and send me to right direct direction.. but i want a true Root,,,, not that inbetween thing charge roms now days seem to have.... remember if you think you are truely rooted run root checker and voltage control.. besides voltage can increase or decrease yer processor speed..

09-07-2011 09:30 AM
    09-17-2011 12:05 PM
    problem was solved. Turns out it was a bad download
    09-17-2011 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD