How to go back?

vols fan

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Alright guys I'm currently running gummycharged 1.8.5 with the gummybeast theme. I rooted using PBJT kernal with lagfix. I want to go back to just being rooted without the gummycharged ROM. I have a backup/restore point that I created in CWM right before I did the ROM. Should I just restore the phone to that point or is there something else I should do? TIA.

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Alright guys I'm currently running gummycharged 1.8.5 with the gummybeast theme. I rooted using PBJT kernal with lagfix. I want to go back to just being rooted without the gummycharged ROM. I have a backup/restore point that I created in CWM right before I did the ROM. Should I just restore the phone to that point or is there something else I should do? TIA.

What ROM are you looking to have? If you want to be on full stock with root, you will have to ODIN back to EE4 stock and then reroot without using a custom ROM.

I think this is what you are asking to do?

tkm20

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I personally would go back to stock, just to have that free state of mind that everything is cleared from the phone.

Go Vols!

vols fan

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Could someone link me to the file to flash to go back to stock?

Tkm20-you live in Tennessee or just a fan like me? I'm in SC.

vols fan

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
So after I flash the stock program with odin I'll need to reflash CWM? Should I do it before I boot for the first time?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So after I flash the stock program with odin I'll need to reflash CWM? Should I do it before I boot for the first time?

Whenever flashing back to stock for any reason, I prefer to let the stock ROM fully boot up before making any changes. So let the phone boot, then shutdown, open ODIN, go into download mode, then flash jt1134's kernel with root and CWM, pull usb cord, close ODIN, reopen ODIN, connect phone in download mode, then flash imnuts' CWM. It is more current and functional.

jt1134's kernel w/root & CWM --> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14764513/VoodooChargeKernel4.tar.md5

imnuts' CWM --> 0730_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5

vols fan

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I still have imnuts' CWM on my computer and I still have his PBJT kernal on my sd card so after I boot up the stock ROM then shut it down I should be able to go into download mode and reinstall CWM through odin then just load the PBJT kernal off my sd, right?

vols fan

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Tried to go back to stock but odin didn't see the phone for some reason. I tried several different usb ports but it never would show that it identified the com port.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Tried to go back to stock but odin didn't see the phone for some reason. I tried several different usb ports but it never would show that it identified the com port.

Are you holding the volume down button and is the battery still in the phone? For some reason, the Charge seems to work better with ODIN if the battery is still in. Also make sure you have the correct Samsung drivers downloaded and installed. Go here to samsung's website and download them from there:

Samsung

vols fan

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Well I know the drivers are installed because I have already rooted the phone using the computer. I did have the battery out.

vols fan

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok guys tried it with the battery in the phone and still nothing. Odin will open and the phone shows the downloading icon but the ID Com never shows that it is connected. I know my drivers are installed cause I can plug the phone in and get to my sd card files. Does it make any difference if usb debugging is off/on?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok guys tried it with the battery in the phone and still nothing. Odin will open and the phone shows the downloading icon but the ID Com never shows that it is connected. I know my drivers are installed cause I can plug the phone in and get to my sd card files. Does it make any difference if usb debugging is off/on?

I would try uninstalling then reinstalling ODIN. If you can access the sd card and transfer files and your phone goes into download mode fine, seems like the common denominator to your problem is ODIN.