Hello all, I am running the new Gummy 2.0 with voodoo installed and I am consistently only achieving quadrant scores in the 1400's. The reason this bothers me is because I have read of others with the same setup as mine getting much higher scores...like in the 2100 area. My question: is there something that I am not doing right? I am killing all background task before I run the test so I know that there is not some rouge app ruining my results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    08-28-2011 01:57 PM
    you would have to overclock i believe to get higher quadrant scores
    08-28-2011 02:09 PM
    Ya I agree...o/c @ 1.5 Ghz and be sure to have solid 4g. Be sure to bring the processor speed back down otherwise you will drain your battery quicker than you will want. IMO its cool to see how high I can score but it certainly doesnt reflect how the device performs under normal conditions. I did score around 1600 ish - 1700 ish immediately after getting GC up and running with 'no' tweaks at all. GC 2.0 is completely BAD A@#!!!! The more time I spend on it the more I love it!
    08-28-2011 06:31 PM
    yeah i overclocked to 1.4 and get around 22-2300......gc2.0 kicks ***....
    08-28-2011 08:18 PM
    Ya I agree...o/c @ 1.5 Ghz and be sure to have solid 4g. Be sure to bring the processor speed back down otherwise you will drain your battery quicker than you will want. IMO its cool to see how high I can score but it certainly doesnt reflect how the device performs under normal conditions. I did score around 1600 ish - 1700 ish immediately after getting GC up and running with 'no' tweaks at all. GC 2.0 is completely BAD A@#!!!! The more time I spend on it the more I love it!
    I would not recommend anything higher than 1.4. 1.5, and 1.6 have been known to fry CPUs/

Go into manage applications, close all current unused applications, also go into running services and turn off all unused running services (locators, down loaders etc.) Also use the task killer right before as well.

you should be hitting 16-1700's that's what I average with no OC. OC'd at 1.4 I hit 2200 with the steps I posted above. Also, if you have a live wallpaper turn it off.

This is the reason why most hardcore enthusiasts do not care about quadrants, higher scores can be achieved by basically shutting down everything than normally runs on your phone and doesn't reflect "real" day to day usage performance.

I currently have mine OC'd at 1.2, with -50 across the board in the voltages, I think I am getting good battery life.

08-28-2011 10:35 PM
    Wow ddemlong, that screen shot looks nice. How much screen on time did you have?

08-28-2011 11:32 PM
    Wow ddemlong, that screen shot looks nice. How much screen on time did you have?

Just over 20 min of on time.
    08-28-2011 11:44 PM
    This seems to be a problem that is mainly with Samsung phones. My father just got a Samsung Infuse and his stock quadrant scores were all under 1000. His phone seems snappy enough and is clocked at 1.2 ghz factory. I wish that Samsung would change their file structure on their phone so that their phone would be better represented on benchmarking apps.

09-03-2011 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD