Hey ya'll!
    I was wondering if anyone is running the Swype beta with GummyCharged 2.0? If so, is it working ok?

I'm just asking because I had GC 1.9.x and about every 3 or 4 days, Swype would start ForcClosing on me again and again. I'd have to disable it, uninstall it and reinstall it. Yeah, I know...it's a beta, but it usually hit me at the most inoportune times. I'm not even sure if it was GummyCharged that was the problem, but, thought i'd ask.

Thanks everyone!
    09-03-2011 08:04 PM
    This message is being posted form Swype 3.25. Its working great, but or worked just fine on gummy 1.X for me as well.

Hope it works put well for you, I think Swype is great for longer messages.
    brucedbr likes this.
    09-04-2011 07:41 PM
    Thanks!

Now I'm trying to find which 2 files I need to rename or move in order to remove the stock Swype. I KNOW I found it before, but I sure as heck can't find it now. I've tried removing it with Titanium Backup, but after it reboots once, it gets stuck and I have to do a battery pull.

I'd appreciate any help.
    09-04-2011 11:24 PM
    You get boot looped when you uninstall Swype? That is very odd. I'm pretty sure I used titanium backup to remove it, and then installed the new Swype right away. Let me know how that goes.
    09-06-2011 12:28 PM
    Well, I don't get boot looped. I try uninstalling it throughj Titanium Backup. When I do, it says it will have to reboot it twice in order to uninstall it. I click ok, and it powers down. When it tries to power back up, i get the little android guy with the orange exclamation point and it's stuck! I have to remove the battery.

Once i do remove the battery, it boots toi CWM. I select reboot and it comes back up as if nothing ever happened.

I know last time I had to rename 2 files in order to get it "removed" One was an.apk file and I can't remember the other...probablhy a .com file. I just can't for the life of me find where I saw what files those were!
    09-06-2011 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD