*Rooted Charge Kernals that are worth trying Please*

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
OK the devs admins and XDA crews have done a good job with the fascinate and are begining to do so with the charge. But i sure am getting antzy for some rooted roms.

So Hats off to all those invloved in making the fascinate a wonderful phone to do anything one might want to do... (except make/recieve calls) the fassy just did not have the ability to pick up a descent signal unless one was standing on the tip top of a tower....I live in a fringe are..the charge works very well...

But for us that had fassy's and had to leave them behind,
I miss being rooted and mostly all of the roms that have come down the pipes are not rooted but yet will accept rooted ADB or Terminal emulator and act look and feel like a rooted charge but arent rooted...

now men dont get riled i am sure others like myself would like to see some real break through for rooters...

All the custom roms are rooted, there is a rooted and debloated stock version floating around as well. I think I was rooted within an hour of getting my charge....

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
All the custom roms are rooted, there is a rooted and debloated stock version floating around as well. I think I was rooted within an hour of getting my charge....

they appear to be rooted but in cwm the lagfix is off not on as should be...
Try this... Dl any program beside su app and then see f yer rooted..ie"voltage control is an app that will tell ya quickly that you are not rooted

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I am on GummyCharged 2.0 and most of my apps require root. They ask for super user permissions, I grant them and they run fine.

EX: Adfree, MybackupPro, TiBup to name a few.
I have also been on Altered beast and humble ROM and they were all rooted

Just checked the Voodoo Control app and the lagfix is active

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I am on GummyCharged 2.0 and most of my apps require root. They ask for super user permissions, I grant them and they run fine.

EX: Adfree, MybackupPro, TiBup to name a few.
I have also been on Altered beast and humble ROM and they were all rooted

Just checked the Voodoo Control app and the lagfix is active

OK, Great

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
they appear to be rooted but in cwm the lagfix is off not on as should be...
Try this... Dl any program beside su app and then see f yer rooted..ie"voltage control is an app that will tell ya quickly that you are not rooted

Voodoo lagfix and rooted are two different things. You can be rooted and choose to have the lagfix enabled are not, depending on which kernel you are running.

You can always open up terminal emulator and type:

"su" then

"mount"

If you have 'ext4' next to your system, cache, dbdata and data lines, then you have the lagfix enabled.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7