New Gingerbread Leak EP1W

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I've downloaded the Gingerbread leak ODIN file and tried flashing it. For the first time ever, the flash failed. So I'm downloading the Original Froyo file...will return there and HOPEFULLY, I can recover. Right now...Im bricked! UGH! I guess there's a first time for everything! I came from Gummy Charged 2.0 with Voodoo enabled. I was worried about the voodoo, but I saw a couple of other posts where others were VooDoo enabled and were able to odin over it without a problem.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
No there is no custom rom that I have seen for this build so TW it is. Yes, I am pretty sure it is the same colors, but I cannot quite remember, I only had it on my phone for a little

Jamloya3964

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I am new to the droid familybut, I have to say I just purchased a Samsung Droid 4G LTE and I am feeling it big time...
The only problemis I have to learn how to get past the sim lock. I've read about the gummycharged 2.0, Odin and countless other software. If I can get one of the many experts from this forum to help me out, it would be greatly appreciated...

Thank You!!!:D:cool:

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Well kejar31 release GummyCharge GBE 2.0RC yesterday. It's built on the EP1W release. I went ahead and flashed it. So far, so good! Quadrant scores are 2400 - 2500. She's definitely fast. This is just an RC release so there isn't nearly as many goodies and extras like on GC FE 2.0.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I've downloaded the Gingerbread leak ODIN file and tried flashing it. For the first time ever, the flash failed. So I'm downloading the Original Froyo file...will return there and HOPEFULLY, I can recover. Right now...Im bricked! UGH! I guess there's a first time for everything! I came from Gummy Charged 2.0 with Voodoo enabled. I was worried about the voodoo, but I saw a couple of other posts where others were VooDoo enabled and were able to odin over it without a problem.

Make sure you leave your battery in the device when flashing via Odin.

Reactions: brucedbr

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you leave your battery in the device when flashing via Odin.

Yeah, I forgot I had this in this thead. I posted a different thread when I thought I was totally bricked and someone told me about that. I finally got it flashed about 3am last night!

Thanks!

PreceptorJR

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I need some help. I installed the new ROM and had this happen...

The stock browser keeps crashing when flash is used (like when loading a moving weather map), even though I have flash installed. This never happened before I rooted to the unbloated version. Is there an .apk file that I can download? Will it help to install that and overwrite the current browser?

TGreg104

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Well kejar31 release GummyCharge GBE 2.0RC yesterday. It's built on the EP1W release. I went ahead and flashed it. So far, so good! Quadrant scores are 2400 - 2500. She's definitely fast. This is just an RC release so there isn't nearly as many goodies and extras like on GC FE 2.0.

any more info on this? do you have a link? Interested!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I havent seen it yet, but running bootcamp or windows in a VM should yield the same results as doing it on a PC. Never did it before so I do not know what kinds of issues you are gonna run into

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Well after running GC GBE 2.0 for a bit, there were a few quirks that I didn't like so I ended up flashing back to GC FE 2.0.

Chris2183

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I hope this isn't the final build as there are some small issues that bother me.

When the phone rings the first half of the first ring is quiet and then gets loud.

When waking the phone it flashes the main screen briefly and then the lock screen.

The data toggle is missing from the list when you long press the power key.

And while the data is doing better it still loses connection occasionally.

I think I'm going to flash back and try my luck with Gummycharge.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am guessing that since the leak was 30 days old by the time we got it, there was more work done on it since then. As I stated in the OP, I think it is close to the Official.

I too noticed some quirks with it, but for the most part it seemed pretty stable and I have been using the modem on GC since the first day they came out with a lot of success.

Nothing is official until it is.

Chris2183

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I am guessing that since the leak was 30 days old by the time we got it, there was more work done on it since then. As I stated in the OP, I think it is close to the Official.

I too noticed some quirks with it, but for the most part it seemed pretty stable and I have been using the modem on GC since the first day they came out with a lot of success.

Nothing is official until it is.

Im back down to stock EE4 with the EP1W modem. The lag in Froyo is very evident now that Ive seen the much snappier Gingerbread leak .

If I Odin GC 1.91 is there any real need to CWM 2.0?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
yes, here is the changelog:
*Custom kernel by IMoseyON
*TSMparts for modifications (more information below on usage)
*updated toolbox for simplicity (sorry no GUI 2.0 released at this time)
*updated base Theme (we did switch to a blue to give 2.0 a new look as it feels like a new rom)
*updated dialer completely remade to have the contacts built into the app

TSM parts alone makes it worth it. Some good speed tweaks in there.

Your right though, Froyo stock is a laggy girl compared to even a custom FROYO ROM

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
ok here's a noob question. I have an un-rooted, stock EE4 Charge. Where do I go from there? Will it wipe out all my apps and completely flash my phone blank?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
the answer is yes and no. If I was in your shoes, here is what I would do to save myself ALL kinds of time.

First follow the sticky on how to root any phone at the top of the forum. That flashes a kernel and will not mess with the OS, apps or data. Once you do that download either mybackuppro (my choice but YMMV) or Titanium backup. Back up all your APKs and Data (not sure about TiBup, but with Mybackuppro, you can backup your call log and text log, I would back those up to)

next I would flash the Rom of my choice (do the research but my preference would be GC 1.91 then onto GC 2.0)

Install whatever backup program you had and do a restore.

If you follow the instructions correctly, you will be close to where you started, only rooted, on a custom ROM and have a faster phone.

When I say that you will be close I mean that. Not all your settings will return, and some of the tweaks you had made won't necessarily return either.

In the long run, you may be better off.

TCCDROIDMAN

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Guys I am hoping someone can help. I have downloaded the debloated ver. of ep1w and I am using odin1.82 to try and flash it to my charge. my charge is running un rooted stock ee4. my application devolp. settings are on usb debugging. For some reason when I click the start button it fails

This is what my odin looks like after it fails.

Any help would be appreciated

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Guys I am hoping someone can help. I have downloaded the debloated ver. of ep1w and I am using odin1.82 to try and flash it to my charge. my charge is running un rooted stock ee4. my application devolp. settings are on usb debugging. For some reason when I click the start button it fails

This is what my odin looks like after it fails.

Any help would be appreciated

This is exactly what kept me up until 2 am last week! LOL

When I finally broke down and asked for help, I was told I needed to leave my battery in the phone during flashing. How you do that is take the battery out in order to get it ot download mode, Once there, reinsert the battery. Then proceed as normal.

Of course, you'll have to remove the battery in order to reboot the phone after it flashes. It's just somethig strange with the Charge. I flashed my Fasicnate many times and never had to do that.

Have fun!

Reactions: TCCDROIDMAN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC