It seems as if there are a number of different ways and threads on how to root the Droid Charge. I am on EE4 and simply want root access to my Charge to take advantage of free wifi tethering. I am not looking for a Gingerbread ROM or theme or anything other than a rooted device. I have rooted before but only using Unrevoked, never using ODIN or ADB or anything like that but I can follow directions... can someone please point me in the direction of the most up-to-date and easiest root method for the Droid Charge?

TIA.
    09-07-2011 05:22 PM
    are you wanting a leaked gingerbread build or the official froyo rooted build?
    09-07-2011 07:29 PM
    Official froyo root build please

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk
    09-07-2011 08:12 PM
    Here you go read this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/dro...rsion-ee4.html

It may seem complicated, but it is easy peasy.
    jayhawkfan18 likes this.
    09-07-2011 08:56 PM
    Here you go read this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/dro...rsion-ee4.html

It may seem complicated, but it is easy peasy.
    This worked great! You were right too - looks lengthy but it's actually quite simple and doesn't take much time at all.
    09-26-2011 02:51 PM
    As I mentioned I got thru this process and am currently running GummyCharged 2.0. Now when I install ROM Manager it says I don't have clockwork mod installed..? I thought I did that during the above mentioned process?!

09-27-2011 08:59 AM
    As I mentioned I got thru this process and am currently running GummyCharged 2.0. Now when I install ROM Manager it says I don't have clockwork mod installed..? I thought I did that during the above mentioned process?!

i think you had to flash imnuts 1.9.1 odin to get the cwm and then from there after you wipe all that can be wiped including factory that you flash the gummy FE2.0 then you have CWM as well as FE 2.0.. thats the way i came into gummy fe2.0----------------------------------

since you came into gummy 2.0 thru another doorway ..you can look around for a CWM and flash it using Odin...
    pizzadude will prob be thru here in a few he stays up to date on all the news.. and more than likely has the newest news on CWM..
    sry, but thst all i am sure of
    09-27-2011 09:16 AM
    That's cool, thanks for the reply. Im wondering if I can just install it thru rom manager? It lists the Charge as an option....

09-27-2011 09:42 AM

ROM Manager does not currently work on the charge.
    09-27-2011 09:44 AM
    ROM Manager does not currently work on the charge.
    Good to know. Damn

Thanks

09-27-2011 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD