On the fence about GummyCharged 2.0

Midnight_Ninja

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I know I just joined the forum today,and these may seem like stupid questions, but please help me try to understand this.

My question regarding GummyCharged are these: Am I correct in saying that Gummy Charged deletes ALL stock apps except dialer, contacts, and camera? Is there a way to choose which bloatware apps you want deleted?

Thanks,
Midnight_Ninja

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I know I just joined the forum today,and these may seem like stupid questions, but please help me try to understand this.

My question regarding GummyCharged are these: Am I correct in saying that Gummy Charged deletes ALL stock apps except dialer, contacts, and camera? Is there a way to choose which bloatware apps you want deleted?

Thanks,
Midnight_Ninja

Welcome to AC!

GummyCharged isnt quite that. It is what is referred to a custom rom. Most of the bloatware that Verizon put on is removed, and there are a bunch of tweaks underneath to make things run smoother. There should be a change log somewhere in the original thread.

If you are looking for the stock experience with the ability to remove whatever you dont want, you can follow these instructions: http://forums.androidcentral.com/dr...4-root-any-build-w-voodoo-lagfix-updated.html

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Good for you and your welcome. Make sure you go into TSM parts and tweek around a bit also you may want setCPU or voltage control to play with Overclocking and undervolting. There are other threads around here for those if you have questions.

Personally, my phone hates to UV, and OC in my mind is a negligible gain that could cause a serious issue so i don't do that either.

Midnight_Ninja

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmm...Right now I am playing with the settings a little bit, going a little bit under to try to max out the battery life. I may have to look at those threads and see if I can get more than 12 hours. My phone seems to be fine with it, but that may be relative seeing as I am new to rooting.

In the meantime, is there any way to change the bottom dock on the stock GummyCharged Launcher? I looked around a little bit and couldn't find anything.

Thanks again,
Midnight Ninja.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I dont think so, but I use launcherpro (more speed tweaks, 15 dock icons, very customizable) so I really do not mess with the stock launcher at all

Midnight_Ninja

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I am using GoLaucherEX, primarily because of the settings(Launcher Pro Free is locked down tight) and I would prefer not to use a launcher on top at all, but oh well...

Also, are you running SuperCharged V6? I am curious as to if it works well, and how to install it using terminal emulator.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
from the OP:

The V6 SuperCharger is a memory fix to put it simply. It rearranges OOM Groupings and fixes priorities for the Android's built in task killer. For more info visit the OP! (There's a lot there)

I dont use any of the scripts in there since I am happy with the way things are running right now and I do not want to get deeper into customizing things in case official GB comes back around soon. I have set a deadline of the 20th before I give up and do it. If anyone needs more info, here is the XDA thread: [HOW TO][SCRIPT] V6 SuperCharger, Loopy Smoothness, and More! - xda-developers

Everyone has nothing but great things to say about those 3 scripts so hey it can't hurt to try

Midnight_Ninja

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
^ I am on the fence about it as well, seeing as Supercharged V8 is in alpha and contains those 3 scripts. I don't want to install supercharged v6 then have to unsupercharge to upgrade to v8. I guess it really depends for me on how fast GummyCharge, GB and v8 update. Do you have any idea on when a new Gummy Charge update comes out? As for GB, all the info I could find says it comes out late 2011/early 2012

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
AFAIK the 2.0 is the newest and unless either the Official comes out or another leak comes, that will be more than likely be it.

I think that the official GB will be out within the next 30 days. I have nothing but a hunch to go on with that, but I am feeling it...

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
AFAIK the 2.0 is the newest and unless either the Official comes out or another leak comes, that will be more than likely be it.

I think that the official GB will be out within the next 30 days. I have nothing but a hunch to go on with that, but I am feeling it...

hello Pizza and all, i finally got the gummy FE 2.0 running right.. the file i had DL'ed was not all there causing all my problems.. I have fiddled with the voltage under volting my charge and went as low as 100 to 600 and used the noop and on demand setting..i guess i should say noop =100 ondemand =600.. i was way off in a valley where my fascinate never worked (as if it ever realy did) not even verizon phones on CDMA setup.. i tried both under volted and i am well satisfied still using the EE4 modem..

the only complaint i might have is when i recieved one call they sounded like they were in a tin can,,but hey,,, it was my sons 2yr old Iphone...... ummm a tin can... lol

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
How strong is this hunch, because I'd hate to have to flash back to stock so quickly.

i cant foresee the hunch that pizza is talking about but what do you have to lose.. you gain experience so you wont panic at the slightest burp.. (hav had plty of burps)

Gummy FE 2.0 is a great running rom and easy to install if you check the DL size...

and if we have to jump back for a Gingerbread update.. there is a odin rom that sticks you right at EE4 where the existing Charge is now...

lot of helpers here and Pizza and Halo helped me a lot.. their persistance allowed me to notice a error on a DL'ed file.. now i can run ph all day (12hrs) and battery voltage drops from 100% to 80%... calls in/out,,,,
msgs no probs,,,,, played at texas poker where i play a lot.. and i have to say my battery and my current setup of voltages works well enough..

Last edited:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Just for the record, I have no inside information at all. I am not affiliated with any of the fantastic dev groups around here or on other sites. I just read a lot on here and other sites, not just for our phone but others as well.

That being said, I have said it for awhile that it was gonna be mid-September, I only revised it to go a bit later because of this leak. IT IS NOTHING BUT A HUNCH. No basis of fact at all. No inside information. I do feel strongly about it and if you wanted to make a wager, I would jump on it.

As far as going stock, I wouldnt even when it does come out. My reasoning here is simple. All of the good dev groups have already been making custom roms off the leaks and when they get a final code, I can see Gummy coming out with a solid custom rom within a few weeks. Even if the stock GB is fast, a custom ROM will be worth the extra wait.

Also, we will have more options. CM7 will get done sooner with an Official GB (with LTE enabled). There is another one I know nothing about called darkslidecharged that will be out too. I hear good things but have no experience with them.

I would do whatever you want with you phone and not be shackled with worrying about having to go back.

Midnight_Ninja

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Just for clarification: I already put GummyCharged FE 2.0 on my phone.

The only thing is, that I would like to flash back to the EE4 to update to GB, when GB comes out. It would be a bummer if after I took the effort to root my phone, I would have to unroot just as quickly. I am not worried about it, its just that I have little experience with these things, so what takes a normal user about 30 minutes to do, it takes me 2 hours to do.

And piizzadude, if you could send me the links to the information you have about darkslidecharge and CM7, that would be great.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but it gets easier. The first time I rooted, I soft bricked it, panicked, took it back to the store the next morning an lied through my teeth to get them to replace it. Brought the new one home, soft bricked it, panicked, and then read one of DroidXcon's posts and things have gone smoothly ever since. So my first rooting experience took more or less 24 hours for me to be successful....lol

DarkSlide Charged Thread: DarkSlide Charged

CM7: [WIP] CM7 for Droid Charge

Midnight_Ninja

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, hopefully it will get easier. I was just relieved that I didn't brick my phone when I rooted it. How did you get a replacement out of them?

On a random(ish) tangent-- Have you tried the new gummy charged rc? I don't know if it is worth it to try it--also would I have to wipe and then flash rc, or can I just flash it over gcfe2.0?

One last thing, Thanks for the links!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz