Hey ya'll!
    I hope you can help me. I asked this buried in another thread, but I think it got lost.

Before installing Gummy 2.0, I always was able to rename the 2 files indicated on the Swype Beta site to disable original swype and then was able to install the beta without a problem. Now, however, i rename those files and try installing the beta, and I just get a forceclose message that never ends, until I'm able to deselect Swype. I've read where Titanium Backup is supposed to remove anything, but when I try it, I get stuck after the first reboot on a screen with a yellow exclamation point and the little green android guy. I have to do a battery pull to be able to continue.

I really like the new swype, as it's more accurate than the preinstalled version. Anyone have any ideas on what could be my problem?

Thanks in advance!
    09-10-2011 11:22 AM
    You got me on that one, can't you just install over it? I would assume that the file names are the same since they are the same product...
    09-10-2011 02:23 PM
    You got me on that one, can't you just install over it? I would assume that the file names are the same since they are the same product...
    No. They say specifically on the Swype Beta that if Swype came preinstalled on your device, this beta will not work. They list a way to uninstall it, by renaming 2 specific files, but when I do that, swype just force closes. And everyone is telling me to use TB, but that's not working for me either.

I just read about the new Gingerbread leak. I'm probbly goinig to flash that this weekend anyway.
    09-10-2011 08:44 PM
    Then I would say change your input method to something other than swype, go in and rename the files, restart then install the beta
    09-10-2011 08:46 PM
    Then I would say change your input method to something other than swype, go in and rename the files, restart then install the beta
    Exactly what I did. And the wierd thing is, I've done it in previous roms, and had no trouble at all. And the even more wierd thing is other people seem to have no trouble with it. I can't figure out why I'm stuck!
    09-10-2011 09:26 PM
    yeah that is weird. maybe moving the files out of the directory after renaming them would help. I know I have done it on my fassy without issue
    09-10-2011 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD