Weird boot animation

JihadSquad

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
So I guess I have been messing around too much and now the stock boot animation "DROID...." is really flashy. Its like for every 2 frames forward it goes 1 frame backwards... same with the sound. What is going on here?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So I guess I have been messing around too much and now the stock boot animation "DROID...." is really flashy. Its like for every 2 frames forward it goes 1 frame backwards... same with the sound. What is going on here?

Going to need a little more information to try and help you. What modifications have you made? What ROM and kernel have you flashed? What else have you changed? Boot animations are controlled through the kernel so that would be the first place to look.

JihadSquad

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I used imnuts' CWR to flash imnuts' kernel on this page. Also I applied voodoo. That's when I noticed the animation.

Today I also flashed the EP1W modem. I get more bars in low coverage areas but my data seems to drop periodically. Also, I think I did something wrong because none of my root apps work anymore. In root checker it says im unrooted. The superuser app is still there but it auto denies anything that tries to gain su access.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I used imnuts' CWR to flash imnuts' kernel on this page. Also I applied voodoo. That's when I noticed the animation.

Today I also flashed the EP1W modem. I get more bars in low coverage areas but my data seems to drop periodically. Also, I think I did something wrong because none of my root apps work anymore. In root checker it says im unrooted. The superuser app is still there but it auto denies anything that tries to gain su access.

The su access is likely a problem of your su binary not being up to date. Open the superuser app and you should be prompted to update your su binary. That kernel you flashed was one of the early kernels for the Charge and I do seem to remember the problem of the boot animation and sound basically skipping and getting "stuttery" for lack of a better term, especially with an undervolted kernel.

Reactions: JihadSquad

JihadSquad

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I managed to reflash the kernel before that post, and it cleared up the boot animation. Next time I started superuser, it prompted me to update the binary so I did, and it gave me root again. Thanks anyway though.