[ROM][EP1W][CWM]GummyCharged GBE 2.0 9/28/2011

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Gummy CHARGED GBE

Rev your Charge up and get ready cause this things fast!!!
sc20110910172213.png

Notes:

*While it is not needed, it is recommended that you install EP1W radios

* Please Wipe Data regardless of what ROM you come from

Do not use themes from previous GBE releases you will get a bootloop

The default theme should bring you fully back to stock from any theme within the toolbox

Themes are being added everyday!!! make sure you run updatetb to update your toolbox with the latest version to get the new themes

AppWidgetPicker causes issues with The Power Control widget (not the one in the dropdown) if you use this widget put it in place and on next reboot and it will no longer be blank...

TeamGummy
Primary Dev and project lead - Kejar31
Smali Guru - Primary Dev - Syaoran12
Kernel Dev - IMoseyON
Java Dev - Turlz
Official Artist - Daank
Official Themer - Gunnermike53
Forums support - Hazard209

FABOLOUS for allowing me to use his Server to host Gummy Charged and letting me use his toolbox script to make mine!!! :)
Thanks to B16 for letting me post on his servers
Thanks to TeamSbrissenMod for allowing us to use TSMparts! As well as Sbrissen for providing his smali magic!
Thanks to Teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from
Thanks to Superteam and Dustin Jorge as Gummy-Laucher2 was forked from and based on their work

I also want to put out a special thanks to IMNUTS (which CWM we are using in this release) for all his help

Features:
- Most all apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM7 source trees and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.
- New Base built on top of EP1W
- The only apps left from TW are Dialer, Contacts and Camera
- AppWidgetPicker - built byboombuler
- Ads blocked via hosts file -thanks to delta_foxtrot2
- 1% battery increments built in (Icons made by TeamGummy)
- Themed Dialer, Contacts, Task Manager by me to integrate into the stock GB look and feel
- Reboot options (recovery and Download)
- Overscroll Glow
- Screen off animation
- DSPManager included!
- Imoseyon Kernel with voodoo lagfix and init.d support
- Custom Launcher2 with extra hotseats and speed tweaks (lightest fastest laucher you will ever use)
- TSMparts with 8 lock screens, notification mods, and other tweaks
- Honeycomb lock screen ported over from TSM Pool Party

ToolBox:Included in GBE 2.0 Initial Release
-install removed TW apps:
MediaHub
TW Email
Visual Voice Mail
AllShare
TW Calculator
TW Video Player​
-Add and remove Ads
-Install Themes:
Gummy Pink
GummyBlue
GummyRed
GummyYellow
GummyComb - many images were used from HoneyBread so I want to make sure I give that author credit (haxzamatic - you da man!)
Black Alian
Pinkie​

More to come...

Known Issues:
1. Battery history is not working ( FC if you try to access it from SpareParts)

Disclaimer:
I nor anyone in TeamGummy take any responsibility for what this ROM or its tools may do to your phone.

Download:

MD5SUM
b9695795f951ff961043ad19872a2785

GummyCharged GBE 2.0

Updates:
If you are having issues with the Samsung boot loop please flash this in odin, wipe data, then install GBE 2.0 again.
CWM 4.0.0.8 Voodoo

-Streaming audio fix is implemented
-Updated theme defualt theme
-New Market
-Fixed Voice Search
-Removed wording on dropdown power widgets - credit confuscius

-HDMI out is fixed
-Browser is fixed - We are now using the AOSP one
-Quadrant score is back up to 1200~1600
-Misc audio quirks are fixed

-Updated parts of the base to EP1H but the framework and TW apps are still EP1f based
-Imoseyon tweaks are now implemented thanks to IMNUTS new kernel that allows init.d scripting
-New radios are now included from EP1H
-minor theme fixes

1.9RC1

-Updated the base to EP1Q

1.9RC2.3

-Completely reworked the dialer it is now based on the dialer from the fascinate so we no longer have to go into a separate app to access contacts
-Re-added Black Gtalk
-Updated Youtube to the latest version
-Misc fixes and cleanup

2.0 RC1

-Based on EP1W
-Completely rebuilt from the top to bottom with more bug fixes than I can put in one post
-Gummy-Laucher2 added
-Imoseyon 2.0.4 kernel
-This will be included as a CWM install only at this time..

2.0 RC1.1

-Updated Busybox and imosyons kernel to fix conversion issues

2.0 RC1.2

-Fixed Market issues (this requires a data wipe, sorry)

2.0 RC1.3

-Added the Froyo fingerprint to the build.prop to fix secure market downloads for the time being (after GB is officially released and the market is opened up to it I will set this back)
-Fixed network location issues

2.0 RC1.5

-Added new tweaks added that should improve speed and battery life.. yes I know it was already unbelievably good but now its better :p
-Added CM7 ringtone, alarms and notifications

GBE 2.0 Initial Release!
- TSMparts 2.0
- Improved ToolBox (GUI version 2.0 is still in the works!)
- Glass lock screen removed, swapped with SGSII and Honey Comb was added
- IMoseyon voodoo kernel v2.3.2

Install - CWM only:
make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select GummyChargedXX.zip
-reboot

Install Themes:
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select GummyXthemeX.zip
-reboot

Accessing the Toolbox:
-Open Term
-Type "su" (give root permissions if asked)
-Type "gummytoolbox"

Update Toolbox:
-Open Term
-Type "su" (give root permissions if asked)
-Type "updatetb"

Initial Boot with TSM:
-Upon initial boot your lock screens will not draw. You will need to go into Settings > TSM Parts > Lockscreen Settings, then have to check on then off the Disable Lockscreens button.
-You may need to disable and enable Music Widgets as well for them to come up the first time.
-The following Notification settings only require changing your phone from vertical to landscape to show up: Hide Clock, Hide AM/PM, Clock Color, Hide Battery (sometimes this one will take a minute to show or hide).
-The following Notification settings require a REBOOT to show up: Show dbm, Hide Signal, Carrier Text.
-To change the Answer type to either Puzzle or Tab you can find this in TSM Parts > Misc Settings.

-We are aware of the Hot Booting issue (phone does a quick reboot not going through the samsung logo or boot animation). This is a problem on all samsung phones using TSM, including the AOSP TSM. We are currently looking into a solution.

Twitter:
Follow me on Twitter for Extra news and updates on GummyCharged @kejar31 @adamthecashew @gunnermike53 @imoseyon @designbydaank

Donate:

Donate to Kejar31

Donate to Syaoran12

Screen-shots

sc20110813132316.png
sc20110817175950.png
sc20110817175945.png

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I know I said that I was gonna wait to do any of the GB leaks, but I got bored last night and flashed this (once I knew the toolbox was out)been running it for the last 24 and it is FAST. Cant talk to the battery life yet since it takes awhile to get that to settle down but so far it is great.

I am guessing Mike did a cut and paste from the rootz site and just wanted to let you know that there are a few themes in the toolbox that arent listed above (specifically gingerfire blue).

Anyway give it a go if you are the flashing type, you will not be disappointed.

Thanks team Gummy!

Reactions: papa54

vols fan

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
@Pizzadude I'm running the DCTQ ROM right now but this one has had my attention for a couple of days. Have you noticed any bugs? Are you running the kernal that comes with it?

ustremere

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
will not work

i had GC 1.9 and i wiped all my data then put on GC 2.0. booted showed the GC boot screen then goes black and phone frezes. i used odin and put on ed2 rooted then installed CWM 4.0 installed GC 2.0 same thing. Am i doing some thing wroung or do you know a fix for what im doing. And i have let it sit for 30min

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: will not work

i had GC 1.9 and i wiped all my data then put on GC 2.0. booted showed the GC boot screen then goes black and phone frezes. i used odin and put on ed2 rooted then installed CWM 4.0 installed GC 2.0 same thing. Am i doing some thing wroung or do you know a fix for what im doing. And i have let it sit for 30min

I have seen a few people report this same problem. The solution I have seen posted was to pull battery, reinsert battery and boot directly to CWM with three finger salute and flash ROM again without wiping.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for bringing this over here GunnerMike

OK i got to gummy FE 2.0 with no problems and kept the EE4 Radio..Now after reading all i can find, i tried to find the EP1W Radio to flash, odin or whatever but for the life of me i cant find the darned thing.
the GBE 2.0 says its not necessary but i soft bricked trying to flash the GBE2.X. i managed to bring the ph back to life and now have the OTA EE4 update loaded..
before once i had followed instructions, soft brick...made me nervous,,, so i want the EP1W Radio.

in the instructions a link to each file needed would have been nice.. i mean crap fire i have read and did a search and still cant find that EP1W to odin before i cwm the GBE.. if thats the way it has to get done..
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase

Eliaseje

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
OK i got to gummy FE 2.0 with no problems and kept the EE4 Radio..Now after reading all i can find, i tried to find the EP1W Radio to flash, odin or whatever but for the life of me i cant find the darned thing.
the GBE 2.0 says its not necessary but i soft bricked trying to flash the GBE2.X. i managed to bring the ph back to life and now have the OTA EE4 update loaded..
before once i had followed instructions, soft brick...made me nervous,,, so i want the EP1W Radio.

in the instructions a link to each file needed would have been nice.. i mean crap fire i have read and did a search and still cant find that EP1W to odin before i cwm the GBE.. if thats the way it has to get done..

heres the link. http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-charge-discussions/9132-droid-charge-gingerbread-2-3-4-ep1w-leaked-official-build.html#post99504
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase

ustremere

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
ya i got it to work with gummy FE 2.0 but i was wanting this one. ive tried it about five times each a diff ways. like to get this one working. but ill try one more time to get it working

Q1102

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
:D I used to flash ROMS regularly on my old Fascinate. This is the first ROM I have flashed on my Charge and it is awesome. This is the first day that my battery has lasted all day! Thanks to all the devs who put together these crazy awesome ROMS!!!!!!

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: will not work

I have seen a few people report this same problem. The solution I have seen posted was to pull battery, reinsert battery and boot directly to CWM with three finger salute and flash ROM again without wiping.

someone needs to tell folks to load thru Odin The EE4 update and start from there, that way no Pushes from Verizon to update ph will occur.
also its a great jump off place to start flashing etc from. some much simplier than going to ED2 an obsolete left in the mud rom... makes sence to me...

borumha

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Tried Using Endomondo the other day in NYC had a hard time getting a signal (20 minutes in my pocket) just curious if anyone else has had any difficulty with full GPS with This build?

other than that. this has been my favorite Rom yet.

borumha

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Tried Using Endomondo the other day in NYC had a hard time getting a signal (20 minutes in my pocket) just curious if anyone else has had any difficulty with full GPS with This build?

other than that. this has been my favorite Rom yet.

tazer2death

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Great ROM, everything working great, and it fixed an issue I had running Humble. Only problem now is that my wifi isn't working. Seems to be connecting and aquiring an IP address but never actually connects. Should I flash a modem? And I'm not positive how to do that with CWM, or which modem to use exactly. Sorry if this is a dumb question, just recently getting into the rooting game

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
someone needs to tell folks to load thru Odin The EE4 update and start from there, that way no Pushes from Verizon to update ph will occur.
also its a great jump off place to start flashing etc from. some much simplier than going to ED2 an obsolete left in the mud rom... makes sence to me...

it's mostly assumed that they be on the latest update. I mean really who is going to run an old rom

Sent from my Gummy Charged GBE 2.0 using Tapatalk

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Great ROM, everything working great, and it fixed an issue I had running Humble. Only problem now is that my wifi isn't working. Seems to be connecting and aquiring an IP address but never actually connects. Should I flash a modem? And I'm not positive how to do that with CWM, or which modem to use exactly. Sorry if this is a dumb question, just recently getting into the rooting game

I haven't played with the gps very much I will do so today. but you should be on the latest modem. you do that through odin.

Sent from my Gummy Charged GBE 2.0 using Tapatalk

tazer2death

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Flashed the lastest modem last night and the error was still there. But this morning I woke up and was connected to wifi so whatever it was seemed to solve itself. Thanks for the reply though!

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Well... starting to research all of this for my first time ever. Finally have some spare time this evening to give all of this a shot. Hopefully I don't jack it up... LOL!

I am on my first smartphone, and have obviously never rooted before. I'll probably spend the next few hours trying to figure out what the crap I'm doing before I take the plunge. Hope to see y'all on the flipside.

gattaka451

May 26, 2011
Visit site
That's the best approach. I spent a good 3-4 days reading hundreds of posts about rooting. After the first couple it gets redundant due to all the other people who don't read or search. I've bricked my phone a few times now and each time I was able to fix it, so throw that worry out the door. And if it makes you feel better, this is my first smartphone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781