[ROM][EP1W][CWM]GummyCharged GBE 2.0 9/28/2011

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
That's the best approach. I spent a good 3-4 days reading hundreds of posts about rooting. After the first couple it gets redundant due to all the other people who don't read or search. I've bricked my phone a few times now and each time I was able to fix it, so throw that worry out the door. And if it makes you feel better, this is my first smartphone.

Man, I read all kinds of info last night and it seems so overwhelming. There has to be 1000 pages of reading, and most of it seems to assume that the reader has done this process before. I'm still trying to figure out precisely what the benefits of rooting are before choosing which build to go after. I think I'm reading more about the problems with each than what benefits I'd obtain by going through with it. I'm really looking to improve my battery, connectivity, and GPS functionality and not sure which is the beat way to go to maximize the improvements in these areas.

All that said, I'm still confused on the exact steps to root. I'm on EE4, so DroidX's semi-auto root is useless to me, from what I understand. I need to read more useful info on ODIN vs. CWM as it seems these are two different methods to use depending on which build I decide to go with. Wish I could fund a better how-to on the subject...

jwalker007

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm with ellje. I used to jailbreak iPhones left and right. I am totally blown away how smart you people are when it comes to rooting and flashing. I am scared to death to give it a try, but want to anyway. Crazy huh. I wish there was somebody here in San Antonio that could do this for me. I use a Mac and wish someone would point me in the right direction. I use my phone for work and really need use of the calendar, phone book and files that I send to offices using quickoffice and dropbox. Any help would be appreciated. Better speed without the screen redraw and battery life would be great. I just need a better understanding of how to do this. Thanks.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Hello Go to xda-developers.com.. Go to the forums.. Verizon Droid Charge - xda-developers these forums will have all the answers you need to root.. I believe they even have a step by step under the "General" Questions section for the Droid Charge.. Its not that hard to Root.. You need to download Odin 1.82 and CWM 4.0.0.8.. Some Roms you will put on your SD Card using the USB Cable that came with your phone.. Other Roms you will install using Odin 1.82.. May I suggest you start with GummyCharged 2.0 FE which will automatically wipe your phone and install the Rom and Kernel.. This is a Kernel that you can overclock with ( If you choose to later with SETCPU.. It on the adroid market.. ) and it will convert your files to the faster EXT4 file system.. I use this Rom along with Go Launcher EX.. you can go into the Settings Menu then TSM Parts and set the Transisition speed to "Fast" and do the same with Go Launcher EX and my friend you will be shocked at the Speed of your phone! I am not upgrading to GingerBread as Gummy FE 2.0 is "ROCK STABLE" and I am Overclocked to 1300 mhz.. I am flashing the latest Radios after sending you this ( Going from the EP1W to the EP3H's.. ) because we just got 4G in my Area this weekend.. you can update the Radios to EP1W or the Latest EP3H seperate from the Rom/ Kernel or Change the Kernel without changing the Rom.. I hope this Helps you a little.. Twitter@ Raider_Will if you have any questions.. Good Luck !:)

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the 2.0 RC1(.5?) and the only thing I've noticed so far is that it doesn't detect my Wireless-N. That and the default GC launcher is super fast, night and day between my unrooted stock but doesn't have a lot of customization options... Go Launcher which was the fastest on my previous rom is actually slower now, so I'd rather use the GC launcher. My biggest gripe would be the lack of custom icons... having to use the normal ones are so bleh.

Edit- Actually there is one more thing I noticed, for some reason the ringer starts off low in volume for a second and then returns to normal (loud?). No idea why it does that, it's weird hearing the ringtones essentially play a second in.

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the 2.0 RC1(.5?) and the only thing I've noticed so far is that it doesn't detect my Wireless-N. That and the default GC launcher is super fast, night and day between my unrooted stock but doesn't have a lot of customization options... Go Launcher which was the fastest on my previous rom is actually slower now, so I'd rather use the GC launcher. My biggest gripe would be the lack of custom icons... having to use the normal ones are so bleh.

Edit- Actually there is one more thing I noticed, for some reason the ringer starts off low in volume for a second and then returns to normal (loud?). No idea why it does that, it's weird hearing the ringtones essentially play a second in.

Apparently from everything I read, the low ringer volume for the first second or two is a new "feature" of Gingerbread. The only benefit I can see from this is so people aren't scared and poo their pants when the phone rings. This "feature" has been noticed across numerous phones on Gingerbread.

Zumdahl322

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I followed the instructions to the T as far as what I've loaded in (Gummy GBE 2.0 with EP1W modems - although I cannot find gummy extreme theme??). This is world's better than the gummycharged FE and I am very impressed with it's speed. The front "pages" of the phone slide so smooth it's great. I haven't ran it enough to do a test on the battery, but from keeping it on for about 5 hours, it has ogne down only 25%. However, after I installed GC GBE, I wiped the battery stats, so I need to run through a few charge cycles before getting an accurate read on the battery life.

MOST OF ALL - the multi media messaging (MMS) works now. In GC FE (not sure if it was due to the ROM or other factors, I could receive MMS (pictures, video, songs, etc.) but I could not send them. I couldn't figure it out and I was going to reinstall the ROM when I found the GC GBE initial release was ready. What a nice surprise!!!!!

Zumdahl322

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I am encountering a small issue with getting my computer to recognize my SD Card. I ran the SD card fix and it is still not able to read the folders etc. There are two drives that are popping up both of which give me the "please insert disk..." error message when trying to open them. I did some massive research on this (upwards of 3 hours) and tried quite a few things but to no avail. Can someone help me out? Is this a problem with GBE 2.0?

joker920

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry for showing my ignorance but how do I install "GummyCharged GBE 2.0". I downloaded the .zip and connected to Oden, but it doesn't see the file. When I extract the .zip I can see the folders but not one specific file to select.

Also, which original Android version is this built from? 2.2, 2.3 ?

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Gummycharged gbe....Ginger Bread Edition.....froyo is 2.2....ginger bread is 2.3.....as far as installing you must boot into recovery...then select the folder the file is in.....you also must be rooted

stephenjya12

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry for showing my ignorance but how do I install "GummyCharged GBE 2.0". I downloaded the .zip and connected to Oden, but it doesn't see the file. When I extract the .zip I can see the folders but not one specific file to select.

Also, which original Android version is this built from? 2.2, 2.3 ?

You can't flash this file with Odin, it's made to work with the ClockWork Recovery Mod, so root your phone and install CWM and then put this zip file onto your SD card, and then load up CWM and install from zip on your sd card, read instructions on first page

tracyt

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I am on a stock charge ee4 and would like to know what steps i would need to take in order to get this gummy charged gbe 2.0 onto my phone. I have been reading posts for days and am very confused about how to go about doing this. Help would be very appreciated. Thanks

wtojwtoj

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
i downloaded this but now how do i get it onto my sd card on my phone??
for droid charge turn phone off and hold volume up, home, and power. When you see the samsung logo, let go of power but hold the others. If you have clockwork.apk installed, this will open clockwork. Use the volume buttons to move up and down, and power to select. Go to instal zip from sd and then from sd at the top of the screen after instal zip. Go down to the zip file and press power go to yes and wait. When done go back a few times until reboot phone is at the top, move up to that and press power. You phone should instal it. I do not know how to do it on any other phone just google how

kraisydave

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
i downloaded this but now how do i get it onto my sd card on my phone??

I made videos on youtube about how to install Gummy 2.1 GBE. 2.0 froyo works, but 2.0 Gingerbread needs a patch. It WAS a great ROM. However, it is no longer being updated as the primary dev moved on to the Nexus.

To answer your question - go to the web page on your phone. Click on the downloadd link. The file will be place in the download folder of the droid charge. Or plug in your sd card to the computer and move it there. Or plug the phone in as a drive and move it over.

Best of luck,

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar