Bad gummy charge

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok experience with gc so far. Not great enough up me rooted. Buggy bad battery life and when my phone is charged I am losing battery faster than it charges....

Sad

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
...........if you don't have anything nice to say........

isnt that what we are here for, good AND bad experiences with ROMs? I certainly want to hear the bad as well as the good.

To the OP, try wiping your phone (factory reset) sometimes there is a program causing the battery drain. I have had results like yours with other ROMs and that helped a lot! Worth a try if you havent already.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
normally i would call the douche bag alert, but there apears to be a problem with GBE. we are working to get it fixed. this should have no effect on battery life. just annoying force closes. adam thinks he knows whats causing it. FE by the way is just fine. if you are having issues with FE then you are doing it wrong. post your setup and problems and someone will help you through it.

demens#AC

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
normally i would call the douche bag alert, but there apears to be a problem with GBE. we are working to get it fixed. this should have no effect on battery life. just annoying force closes. adam thinks he knows whats causing it. FE by the way is just fine. if you are having issues with FE then you are doing it wrong. post your setup and problems and someone will help you through it.

His statement isn't bull , nor is he being a douche... I have the same problem.

I installed Gummy Charge GBE last night after data wiping (twice), dalvik cache clearing (three+ times), and cache clearing (three+ times)... I had to do each multiple times since the initial GBE install went awry for some very odd reason. Here is what I am experiencing:

Using 3G connection (not LTE, as it really is a battery hog) and running only BeyondPod (I closed all other tasks), I was using my battery at about 1/4 to 1/2 speed with the phone connected via USB to a computer. Once the battery got low (~5%), I noticed that it wasn't charging, but actually draining, the battery so I connected it to the wall. After 3 hours, it only went to ~30% battery... I figured this was just random weirdness and since I was at work, I didn't second guess it. By about 8 am (I was home now), I was once again at ~5% battery (after another 3+ hour wall charging at work), so I rebooted the phone to cancel any programs which might be running to hamper charge time... 6 hours later, my phone is now only at 55% charge.

I found this thread because I found this very odd... and I find some of your statements even worse than my problem... if he is legitimately having a problem than don't act like a douche yourself (not attacking any one, but some of the comments are exclusive instead of inclusive).

Anyways... I think this is an issue that needs to be fixed... I had *NO* problems with FE minus the home screen having slow refreshes after several days of up time, but wanted to upgrade to BGE, so I did... now I want to go back since my phone is nearly unusable with the charge time/rate.

ETA: also, good job on BGE, the RAM usage on my phone is typically <150mb with peak around 155, and my Quandrant score was 1890/1900... so minus the battery problem, I am VERY satisfied... it is just that my battery has become a major issue making it nearly unusable

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
His statement isn't bull , nor is he being a douche... I have the same problem.

I found this thread because I found this very odd... and I find some of your statements even worse than my problem... if he is legitimately having a problem than don't act like a douche yourself (not attacking any one, but some of the comments are exclusive instead of inclusive).

thats why i said "normally". i did not call him a douche. i stated things the way i did because he stated things the way he did. as someone else said, if you cant say anything nice.......

Anyways... I think this is an issue that needs to be fixed... I had *NO* problems with FE minus the home screen having slow refreshes after several days of up time, but wanted to upgrade to BGE, so I did... now I want to go back since my phone is nearly unusable with the charge time/rate.

of course it needs to be fixed. thats why i said we are working on fixing it. i am so sick of these kind of threads, people whine and complain and cry and call our work crap then do absolutely NOTHING to help fix it, how bout this.......LOGCAT!!!!!!!!....... crying and complaining and about that mean old gunner guy fixes nothing. DETAILS AND LOGCATS FIX PROBLEMS!! save your tears and hugs for your mom.

Reactions: papa54

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

FWIW, I've been running GBE for a few days now with only the initial acore FC (Not a single one after that.) and after calibrating my battery it lasts just as long as any other ROM I've run.

I've run all the gummy roms, humble rom, and several others and GBE 2.0 is solid! :)

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, I've been running GBE for a few days now with only the initial acore FC (Not a single one after that.) and after calibrating my battery it lasts just as long as any other ROM I've run.

I've run all the gummy roms, humble rom, and several others and GBE 2.0 is solid! :)

welp i am not sure whats happening but tossin stuff back n forth wont solve anyones problems.
what i have found when i switched to GBE was the same bat life i had with the FE, and i must say my bat life is good, no problems at all. i didnt calibrate the bat and i dont run live wall paper neither do i allow anything to run in the back ground as i find they use bat life for sure tryin to stay awake and waiting for their commands does eat some bat life..
i dont calibrate the bat as "if it works dont fix it comes to mind" to me a bat cal. is something else to eat bat life. maybe its passed down from the old BS days of not loading anything you wont use that eats memory,,now memory on a smart phone is diff than mem on a cpu as the things in mem on a SP is where a program one uses sets there waitin for its command to come to life.. so i can give there some on bat life.. all the quadrant scores etc dont enter my mind. if the darned phone is faster than i am its fast enough... everything works an di have no complaints and nothing but envy towards those who can make these things work well and giving us choices to try out. sooner or later we do find a rom that sets well in our minds and we tend to stick with it..FE was good...bat life excellent.. GBE is just as good...bat life very well..

if one plays with their toys they will eat bat life, the more ya play the more ya pay in bat life.
gunnermike and all the rest are doing a fine job and their work n toil needs to be commended.
thx to all the devs themers etc.. i am happy and if this goes beserk,,, they will help fix it..

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Wow this got hostel. I flashed gummy charge exactly how the post said to. It wasnt working. I loved rooting flashing etc...

Now I am back running stock until I find somethinf that tickles my fancy.

Call me a douchebag fine. Real professional that will get you far as a dev.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Wow this got hostel. I flashed gummy charge exactly how the post said to. It wasnt working. I loved rooting flashing etc...

Now I am back running stock until I find somethinf that tickles my fancy.

Call me a douchebag fine. Real professional that will get you far as a dev.

1. there is a thread for gummy charged GBE, post your questions there.

2. you didnt ask a question, you started a thread to state how you didnt like someonelses hard work

3. i didnt call you a douche, or any other name

4. not going far?? everyone who has a charge or fascinate knows who i am

5. im not a profssional android themer, im a cable guy, i do this stuff for fun and to bennefit the community, i currently have more themes for the charge than anyone else, and i dont even like most of them. i do them because other people like them

6. i have the issue with the tool box fixed, it should be up today.

7. thank you come again