So I flashed the debloated EP1W ROM and i like it better than EE4, except i found that i used a bunch of the "bloat" apps like the stopwatch/timer and music player (haven't found a better one on the market yet). I am planning on flashing the deodexed stock EP1W ROM here eventually (when I feel like messing around with the phone again). I am currently using imoseyon's voodoo kernel 2.3.4 and have voodoo enabled. When I flash the new ROM (it says stock so I will assume it is not voodoo compatible) can I just boot to CWM and immediately flash the kernel again before the ext4-incompatibleness even starts? Will the ROM overwrite CWM first?
    10-06-2011 07:00 PM
    When flashing a nonvoodoo ROM over the voodoo kernel you will cause the phone to bootloop.

Disable lagfix (which puts the phone back into RFS)

Flash the new ROM

Flash the lagfix kernel

If for some reason your ROM overwrites CWM just flash it in with Odin

Your question was a little hard to understand, I hope I answered it
    JihadSquad likes this.
    10-06-2011 07:26 PM
    When flashing a nonvoodoo ROM over the voodoo kernel you will cause the phone to bootloop.

Disable lagfix (which puts the phone back into RFS)

Flash the new ROM

Flash the lagfix kernel

If for some reason your ROM overwrites CWM just flash it in with Odin

Your question was a little hard to understand, I hope I answered it
    Thanks that was all I needed. Also they are saying over on XDA that a 2.3.5 ROM just got leaked and its on TBH exclusive (donators only) for 48 hours then everybody gets it

I just need a deodexed copy so I dont have to screw around flashing it twice.
    10-06-2011 08:50 PM
    I may be wrong on this (and also extremely lucky in that case), but if you are flashing a non-voodoo stock ROM in ODIN over a pre-existing voodoo ROM it doesn't matter if voodoo was disabled - the process of flashing in ODIN overwrites everything anyway so what was there before has little effect on the outcome (although I do tend to use the PIT file in those cases, but from what I've read that also appears to be somewhat optional). I believe the problem of voodoo-to-non-voodoo stems from flashing something that includes a non-voodoo kernel over a voodoo setup in CWM. Hope this helps!
    10-06-2011 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD