Video! How to Install GummyCharged Gingerbread 2.1

kraisydave

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Droid Charge ROM How to Install GummyCharged Gingerbread 2.1 by KDTech.org

Warning: You may damage your phone! Complete this process at your own risk!

Video By: kraisydave from Under construction

Vid: GummyCharged 2.1
Droid Charge ROM Install GummyCharged Gingerbread 2.1 by KDTech.org - YouTube

I struggle sometimes reading through 40, 50 and even 60 posts through multiple websites to build my understanding of Android. I really appreciate the friendly atmosphere of the Androiders. In order to help cut down on questions and speed up the learning curve of those like me who need a visual aid, here is a video for you.

This video shows how to install the new GummyCharged Gingerbread 2.1 ROM. It is a super fast ROM for root users. Read all the show notes, watch the video, go to Rootzwiki and read the forums. Then after that try this out once you are confident. Do not miss any steps as a little one may cause your phone to get stuck. This video is for users who are already on GummyCharge Froyo 2.0.

I am not affiliated with TeamGummy. I am just a user trying to help out others. It is my understanding that TeamGummy wants all their stuff managed over on Rootzwiki, so you must follow the links to there for all the downloads and forum questions.

If this video helped and you care to show support then please hit the thank button and subscribe to my channel kraisydave's Channel - YouTube

Thanks for looking and I hope this helps.

My Previous Videos for the Droid Charge:

Vid: Rooting
Rooting Samsung Droid Charge on Verizon - YouTube

Vid: Backup
Android Titanium Backup of Apps and Data by KDtech.org - YouTube

Vid: GummyCharge Froyo 2.0
GummyCharge Install Root and Clockwork How to by Kdtech.org - YouTube

Here is the link to the TeamGummy Rootzwiki page...

[Rom][Ep1W][Cwm]Gummycharged Gbe 2.1 10/24/2011 - RootzWiki

Credit Goes to:
TeamGummy
Primary Dev and project lead - Kejar31
Smali Guru - Primary Dev - Syaoran12
Kernel Dev - IMoseyON
Java Dev - Turlz
Official Artist - Daank
Official Themer - Gunnermike53
Forums support - Hazard209

I also want to put out a special thanks to IMNUTS (which CWM we are using in this release) for all his help

Donate to these guys! Help them to keep the ROMs coming!

While it is not needed, it is recommended that you install EP1W radios

Settings - About phone - Baseband version - look at the last three characters. There are 2 sets - as there are 2 modem/radios (CDMA, LTE).

Please Wipe Data regardless of what ROM you come from

Do not use themes from previous GBE releases you will get a bootloop

Install - CWM only:
Make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select advanced and "wipe Dalvik Cache"
-select "Yes - delete all data" for each one
-go back
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select GummyCharged GBE 2.0
-let phone do its thing and then reboot
-if like me - pull battery once screen is dead
-put battery back and go into recovery
-find and select GummyCharge GBE 2.1
-let phone do its thing and then reboot
-if like me - pull battery once screen is dead
-put battery back and go into recovery
-select advanced and "wipe Dalvik Cache" (must do!)
-select "wipe data/factory reset" (skip this step unless the Dalvik wipe alone didn't fix the black screen issue)
-select "Yes - delete
-select "Yes - delete all data" for each one
-reboot and give the phone time as it will need to setup without interruption
-sign into google and begin to restore apps
-go into setting and tools to turn on preferred items like the battery %

Twitter
@kraisydave

Youtube
kraisydave's Channel - YouTube

Under construction

Last edited:
Reactions: Anderain and cmgeek

kraisydave

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
We can figure this out... Help me with the details. Where were you coming from? What ROM, antennas etc...?
And what are your antennas now? I am guessing this might be the issue without knowing more. Just for the sake of argument would you do a full power down and let it sit. Then power up in an area where you get a signal. Just a simple check...

Dave

TUCRACEMAN

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I was running gummycharged 2.0. With EE4 radios. Flashed to EP1 then installed GummychargedGBE2.0 then the 2.1 hotfix. Phone says it's running EP1 but I get a little sim card in the corner with an x on it.

kraisydave

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I was running gummycharged 2.0. With EE4 radios. Flashed to EP1 then installed GummychargedGBE2.0 then the 2.1 hotfix. Phone says it's running EP1 but I get a little sim card in the corner with an x on it.

There is a sim card hot fix out there for the charge. I will have to jump over to the devs for this one. I suspect you may not be the only one that runs into this coming from the setup you had.

An alternative at the moment would be to go backwards and flash Gummy Froyo 2.0 and see if that fixes up the radio issue. Form there move forward again to Gummy Ginger 2.0 to 2.1. I will work on getting a better option in the mean time.

Dave

kraisydave

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
yeah, i need to learn what I'm doing... LOL. i'm back on the stock rom. going to root then try gummy again.

Sorry forgot the simple question... When you flashed the radios did you just move forward into the rest of the installs or did you try out the phone first with the new radios?

Basically do the radios you flashed work? Maybe that was the issue all along.

You can follow my other vids which will bring you to the same point as me before I went to Gummy GBE 2.1. Following that process means no flashing of kernals, radios or anything as all the .tar files I used and show contain the needed pieces.

Let me know,
Dave

1. Odin Root the phone
2. Odin Gummy 1.9 (no vid as it is the same as rooting, but you must place the battery in before hitting start on odin)
3. Clockwork Flash Gummy Froyo 2.0
4. Clockwork Flash Gummy Gingerbread 2.0 and then immediately the 2.1 update patch.

kraisydave

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the update on the fix! I am trying to gather all these issues and fixes into one place to make this process as easy as possible for everyone. Your fix will be added to the show notes! Everyone deserves to get the most out of their Droid Charge...

thanks again,
Dave

TUCRACEMAN

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I flashed the radios twice and nothing changed. I guess it's not really voodoo but CWM that needs to be updated. I was quite a few versions behind.
~David

TUCRACEMAN

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
David,
Seems to be working well. GTalk, seems to be having minor issues. Says everyone is offline and if I message them, suddenly they are online. Other than that, seems pretty good.
~Dave

kraisydave

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Dave,
I am running into the same issue. I will ask the devs. The update to Google+ broke itself. I had to remove it and load the backup I had from titanium.

Google Talk also happens to be my main text message format. I hope to get the camera feature working. Seems it should since older phones have had this for some time.

Dave

kraisydave

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
David,
Seems to be working well. GTalk, seems to be having minor issues. Says everyone is offline and if I message them, suddenly they are online. Other than that, seems pretty good.
~Dave

Dave,

When you got to the point where 2.1 is flashed and starting up did you get a black screen and nonresponsive buttons?

Did you then erase Dalvik and wipe data/reset or just dalvik?

Dave

TUCRACEMAN

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Once I flashed 2.1 it started up right away with no problems. I did a factory reset and wiped dalvik between the 2.0 and 2.1 hot fix. not after.
~David

Anderain

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and my screen lock no worky.

I thought mine wasn't working either, until I realized the "Disable Lockscreens" was checked in TSM Parts.. :-\

Just throwing it out there in case you didn't notice it either.

My GoogleTalk is having the same issues as you guys also, and my service drops every 15 minutes or so. I flashed the EP1 radios a couple days before i installed 2.0 and 2.1 and was not having the issue.

TUCRACEMAN

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Thank's for pointing me in that direction. disable lockscreen was not checked, however; I changed it from SGII to puzzle unlock and it started working. Interesting. Gtalk is still acting weird.
~David

Anderain

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Thank's for pointing me in that direction. disable lockscreen was not checked, however; I changed it from SGII to puzzle unlock and it started working. Interesting. Gtalk is still acting weird.
~David

No problem. I'm using Miui that seems to be working.

Not the perfect fix for Gtalk, but ok for now: I tried switching to 3G only (CDMA Mode) to see if I would keep losing service and it hasn't cut out yet. It also seems to have fixed with Gtalk issue for me. I've been using it constantly for the past 3 hours and havent been logged out once. Im in the heart of a 4G area so I'm not sure why its so funky.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae