Hey everyone, im getting tired of waiting for updates and im over the known issues with the Charge, so i think its time i root the phone. ive never done this before so im not sure where to begin. is there a step by step process? this is my work phone and its obviously very important to me that it functions. also, what are the differences between all the roms? i appreciate the help!
    11-06-2011 05:19 PM
    I started here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/dro...rsion-ee4.html

The ROMs actually listed in that post arent the newest out, but I was running one of themuntil a few weeks ago. Just search around, and take everything step by step.
    11-07-2011 04:37 PM
    Hey everyone, im getting tired of waiting for updates and im over the known issues with the Charge, so i think its time i root the phone. ive never done this before so im not sure where to begin. is there a step by step process? this is my work phone and its obviously very important to me that it functions. also, what are the differences between all the roms? i appreciate the help!
    You are on a good path! But be warning you can hurt your phone and make it a brick... But with the right steps you should be good to go and get awesome performance out of your phone!

I have been helping people to use all the wonderful works by the devs. What are you looking at now? Do you have a ROM you think you would like?

I have been running different versions of GummyCharge for most of the last summer. The latest is really fast and has great battery life. Plus when you go root you will get wireless tether which for me is a large plus.

What ever you do make sure that you backup your phone. Your phone will be new again after rooting and flashing ROMs. Some items you can backup and others you will have to give up.

Let me know if you need help.

You can read my detail blogs about the process here...

Android, Tech, HDR Photos

And you can watch Rooting, ROMing, and backup vids I made on my channel here..

The rooting vid is an older method, but still works great!

kraisydave's Channel - YouTube

Dave
    11-16-2011 03:58 PM
    I was never a fan of the earlier releases of gingerbread. But now with the latest leak (2.3.6) I am a total convert. Very stable and bug free.
    I would recommend flashing the latest Humble rom with odin. It's an all in one flash that gets you up and running fast.
    It includes a custom rom, custom kernel, cwm recovery and is prerooted in one flash. Plus very little prep.. Will get you there from any setup.

Can't post a link from the phone, but just go to xda and look for humble and follow directions.

Sent from my SCH-I510
    11-16-2011 05:03 PM
    I rooted my EE4 version with the peanut butta jelly time kernel, but i want to go to the next level and try gingerbread and a rom and all. what is the easiest and best route for me to try??? thanks
    11-18-2011 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD