GB 2.3.6 will be out monday

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
GB 2.3.6 have been sent out to verizon. will be out monday (Not OTA)and from what i hear has gps instant lock ...blackberry like battery life and fastest browser as of yet.

Sent from DROID CHARGE 4G-LTE

Reactions: Kage87Z

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Awesome News!!!!

I need to get a copy of GB on this phone!
I have been dragging my feet, looks like now is the time to take the plunge.

kakistocrat

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Anybody know if Gingerbreak will work on 2.3.6? Or if there is a better way?

EDIT

Team Black Hat leaked GB 2.3.6 for the Charge, they have multiple versions of the ROM (stock, debloated, rooted, etc) available to download through their $3 app (well worth it imho). I'm sure the same ROMs can be found for free with a little searching. I flashed a version of GB 2.3.6 that is rooted, deodexed, and debloated. First, I am so happy to be rid of all the Samsung/Verizon bloatware! Just did it last night, but battery usage seems much improved. GPS def works better. Even without Google Location Services, I got a GPS lock on while indoors in under a minute. The whole OS is just faster and snappier, like iPhone snappy. It's like I have a new phone. Totally stable, no FC's, no reboots (yet).

Last edited:

rorkin

May 19, 2011
Visit site
GB 2.3.6 have been sent out to verizon. will be out monday (Not OTA)and from what i hear has gps instant lock ...blackberry like battery life and fastest browser as of yet.

Sent from DROID CHARGE 4G-LTE

And we will get it how ???

Charge5150

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Any word on when the official update will be released? Not interested in another leak.

ANY WORD WHEN JESUS IS COMING BACK...??
asking for an OTA from verizon is equal to asking about the second coming. Assume it wont happen unless you see it or posted on AC main page.

gregchard2

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Any body know of any other way to download besides my droid world for some reason it won't let me register there anyone have a direct download link?

Sent from my Gummy Charged GBE 2.1 using Tapatalk

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
i have everything downloaded and ready to go.

A quick question.
is there a kernel that works with this yet? (Voodoo)
or am i just being impatient?

junksecret

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Just wanna say, after a troublesome and tiresome series of rooting just days after the charges release, I've been mostly stock (tried an EPF radio) since. This leak sounded too good to pass up and so far it is....1FC in 24 hours and it's smooth seems more solid than ever before,

I likeeeeeeeeeee

Joe

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So far so good. Seems very solid.

Used the bloated, rooted version:
Debloated it myself.
added CWM
Flashed Imoseyon's Kernel 4.0

This thing is running better then it ever has, Almost instant GPS Lock on and I think the battery life has improved (we will see over the next few days).

P.S.
I forgot how ugly TouchWiz is.

bbqdroid

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Not having rooted my phone prior to this release, I'm sure I pooched it somewhere along the line...
My phone can see that there is something on the sd card, but cannot/won't access it. I have all my files backed up on it, but it's not doing me any good if I can't get to it.
Does this stand out in anyone's mind as a common, or at least fixable, situation?

Thanks.

rorkin

May 19, 2011
Visit site
ANY WORD WHEN JESUS IS COMING BACK...??
asking for an OTA from verizon is equal to asking about the second coming. Assume it wont happen unless you see it or posted on AC main page.

Verizon Rep assured me Jesus will be back on Thursday.. No word however on GB

tarichar

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded this supposedly official Gingerbread leak 2.3.6 - EP4 yesterday and it's been working like a charm (and super simple to load via Odin). Battery life has been night and day better than EP1F that i was running previously, and GPS seems to have been fixed as well, although i don't use it often.

Only issue (if you can even call it an issue) is that i had to manually download SuperUser from the Market after download, to obtain root access with Titanium Backup.

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
So can you run this leak unrooted?

Better yet if i am rooted and install will this remove root?

Sent from my charge that i am pretending is a galaxy nexus.

Last edited:

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I believe there is an unrooted version, a rooted version and a rooted de-bloated version. Take your pick. You do need to DL the super user.apk from the market to get root back with the TBH leak.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech