I was wondering how hard it is. Me and my friend were trying to depoop the charge on stock rooted ep4. Also change the battery icons and signal icons. We changed some framework files and the phone just boot looped. Can you change these things on a stock rom or do you have to do something else?

I mean there doesn't seem to be many current roms for this phone. I would just use the Eclipse tw4 launcher but its out of date now. So can anyone help any ideas?
    11-23-2011 07:31 AM
    I was wondering how hard it is. Me and my friend were trying to depoop the charge on stock rooted ep4. Also change the battery icons and signal icons. We changed some framework files and the phone just boot looped. Can you change these things on a stock rom or do you have to do something else?

I mean there doesn't seem to be many current roms for this phone. I would just use the Eclipse tw4 launcher but its out of date now. So can anyone help any ideas?
    You can go into any system and change the looks. Seems like you need to do some reading on "How to Theme". There are some great tutorials out there. I believe some a very detailed one was in the the xda forums under the wiki section.

As for ROMs, I would suggest Humble or GummyCharge 2.1. I use GummyCharge 2.1 which is built over gingerbread. It is the latest and greatest and is ahead of the most current updates to the Charge. That may change very soon with the OTA of gingerbread looking like it is on its way.

I have made a series of vids on this if you need help... let me know.

Dave

kraisydave's Channel - YouTube

Android, Tech, HDR Photos
    11-23-2011 03:37 PM
    When trying to theme make sure you have the deodexed version, otherwise you will run into issues.
    11-24-2011 06:14 AM
    Yeah. I would reflash the deodexed debloated version of EP4. Thats what I have now with the ICS theme installed. Works sweet!
    11-24-2011 06:56 AM
    Yeah. I would reflash the deodexed debloated version of EP4. Thats what I have now with the ICS theme installed. Works sweet!
    +1. I use Go Launcher and just loaded up an ICS theme on it a little while ago. I couldn't stand the **** brown, but now I'm extremely happy running the full, rooted, stock EP4P self debloated with the ICS theme.
    Terrigno likes this.
    11-26-2011 04:28 AM
    Well the ota still has **** from what I'm hearing. So I'm going to try and learn how to do it myself. See I wish the tw4 launchers were still up to date. They had the perfect color scheme it was blue and gray. That's all I want really. I don't want it all crazy themed or anything just a stock looking phone that gets rid of the ****. The Samsung Stratosphere looks great as far as color scheme goes. Is it possible to take a system dump from that and put it on the charge?
    11-27-2011 06:48 AM
    +1. I use Go Launcher and just loaded up an ICS theme on it a little while ago. I couldn't stand the **** brown, but now I'm extremely happy running the full, rooted, stock EP4P self debloated with the ICS theme.
    Agreed! Thats also what I have. The Go launcher with the ICS theme. And with the ICS Theme launched up on the Stock version debloated, It makes it a lot more smoother I believe. I Tried Humble and it was ok, but bogged down after awhile. But the colors from the theme, the guy at XDA made are sweet. Changes the whole look of the phone. I havent flashed anything else now for awhile. Im pretty satisfied.

That is of course until/or if they port ICS over
    11-28-2011 10:52 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I was already using Go launcher with ics theme as well. I can't wait till the Galaxy nexus comes out then I won't have to worry about **** brown anymore.
    11-30-2011 07:33 AM
    I just tried installing an ICS theme for Go Launcher by developer Romualdo. I then installed the ICS-themed Go Locker.

But is there a way to ICS-theme the drop-down notification menu? It is still very brown, and now with the crazy new aqua-themed buttons from OTA gingerbread...
    12-01-2011 10:29 AM
    I just tried installing an ICS theme for Go Launcher by developer Romualdo. I then installed the ICS-themed Go Locker.

But is there a way to ICS-theme the drop-down notification menu? It is still very brown, and now with the crazy new aqua-themed buttons from OTA gingerbread...
    You have to root and install a theme. There is a good one being worked on for stock rooted deodexed ep4d right now, its a ics theme. He is porting it from Ep4p. [Theme] [Port + Extras] Ics For Stock Ep4P - RootzWiki give it a try. He said it should be done by today, but I'm not seeing a update yet. Roms or themes meant for ep4p will not work on ep4d.
    12-03-2011 07:54 PM
    Im thinking about taking about flashing back to a non-deodexed ROM. Noticing when you use the voice recorder and try to send the voice note, you cant send it. Either through messaging or straight from the voice recorder.
    12-08-2011 07:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD