CWM flash question

dbell525

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the TBH 2.3.6 ROM from their app. How do I flash this with CWM? It is a tar file but CWM seems to only be looking for a zip file. ???

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the TBH 2.3.6 ROM from their app. How do I flash this with CWM? It is a tar file but CWM seems to only be looking for a zip file. ???

You don't flash it in CWM. It is a tar file 7 zipped. You unzip it with 7zip or winrar, which will give you a tar.md5 file which you flash through the PDA section of ODIN.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Disregard. Found the file and flashed threw odin. So far so good.

Glad you figured it out. If you have any questions about flashing through ODIN or CWM, you can click the link in my signature for DroidXcon's great guide. It contains screenshot visual aides, and even though it is designed to help people understand how to flash things through CWM it does include basics for ODIN. As always, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Android Central is a place for learning and sharing information about Android phones.

dbell525

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Thx Landshark. I was just a little confused that someone had recommended downloading the TBH app and get the ROM from there. I am more comfortable with ODIN though so it all worked out. You guys are an indispensible(sp?) source of info. I really appreciate it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca