I've been rooted once before shoold i root again or should I wait for the gingerbread update?

Keep in mind I will only have my charge for a few more weeks I'm planning on getting the samsung nexus..

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    11-25-2011 01:04 AM
    I think we all want the Samsung Nexus. But go ahead and Root. Rooting wont stop you from getting the update. Only if you mess with system files it would. But either way, the Leaked Verison of GB should be the same Version Verizon is gonna release EP4. So if you flash the Latest Leak, your good. Root and your good. Either way, do as you please lol. Im hopeful for an ICS port for the Charge. So Im keeping my eyes peeled on XDA. Although Ive got the latest leak installed, rooted, with ICS theme and custom Go launcher thats ICS themed.
    11-25-2011 09:35 AM
    i am rooted stock EE4 with PBJT kernel with voodoo lagfix. what would i need to do in order to get the OTA??
    11-25-2011 02:14 PM
    i am rooted stock EE4 with PBJT kernel with voodoo lagfix. what would i need to do in order to get the OTA??
    you would need to odin back to stock EE4 bloated unrooted with the pit file found here
    11-25-2011 09:42 PM
    I disabled voodoo lagfix using voodoo control app. do i still need to odin the PIT file also, or can i just odin the EE4 file?
    11-27-2011 03:22 PM
    I disabled voodoo lagfix using voodoo control app. do i still need to odin the PIT file also, or can i just odin the EE4 file?
    if you disabled voodoo lagfix theres no need to odin the PIT file just go ahead and odin EE4
    11-27-2011 04:35 PM
    Mine is rooted EE4 with Imoseyon kernel, voodoo EXT4, voodoo sound (free), GO Launcher EX, etc.; which I'm quite happy with and it's stable and much improved in responsiveness compared to stock. I'm not going to rush into the OTA GB. I understand that the source for the GB will soon be released as well. Without the source, DC dev community can't tweak the GB to allow voodoo sound and other improvements that we've all enjoyed with rooted EE4. So, no I will not jump into OTA GB update. I'd rather wait until a good solid EP4D-based rooted version is out.
    11-28-2011 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD