ICS rom

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Will there be one? I was reading on another forum someone pulled the source code from the nexus and was working with it to port to the charge?

Is this true? I just returned my nexus today.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Charge5150

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Imnuts (infinity) has begun work on ICS for the charge. this is from wikirootz. Though, remember it took him four months to release infinity so don't expect ICS right away. He said he has talked to JT (guy who put ICS on fascinate) about it so look to ASOP being there when/if he gets it working. Please do not go and message him about how long it will take. if you want to motivate him throw a donation his way for his hard work. He has a nexus and is supporting our community and is probably the last dev we got be nice and give him time!

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't even know what asop means and probably couldn't figure out how to messgae him. So no worries!

Thanks for the info though I will save my upgrade and keep my charge! Do you think his Tom will remove the buttons that popped up on the GN since the charge has hard buttons.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

theRalph

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely, that is very easy from what I understand.

I miss my Charge, I sold it and got Nexus which I returned. Nexus was way too big and I missed the menu button.

Now I'm on a Rezound because I like the Dev support for HTC phones & I was able to get an amazing deal on it without Beats on eBay. I like it but the battery on Charge was much much better. Also the HD screen is nice, but I still think that the Charge has the best screen on the market.

Charge5150

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The OS (from what I understand) can detect physical buttons and remove the on screen buttons. Sorry its AOSP Android Open Source Project.

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I'm kind of a n00b to rooting and ROMing, hoping to root for the first time today, but I do have a question regarding this topic. If Imnuts does indeed port ICS to the Charge, what type of additions and adjustments could we expect to see from it? Gingerbread seems to run extremely well on the Charge (barring a few glitches), would ICS further increase performance from the phone?

Any idea if there will be compatibility issues where some features won't work? Anything else worthy of noting that having an ICS build will bring to us? Since I've never used an Imnuts developed ROM, I'm just curious about things such as how stable one could expect it to run and similar stuff like that. Thanks for taking the time to do this Imnuts! :D

Reactions: OptimusNotPrime

dman2275

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
You should check out Eclipse ROM. I just installed it last night and it is unbelievably smooth and responsive. It looks very much like ICS and the developer is very responsive. I was debating getting a Nexus but now that I am running this ROM, I have no desire to upgrade.