Hey everybody,

A while back I flashed a ROM of 2.3.4 onto my Droid Charge through Odin.
    The performance was disappointing, and it didn't seem worth it with all of the problems I was having, but I never went back. Now that VZ has officially released the gingerbread software update, I want to restore my phone to 2.2 - and then request the over the air software upgrade that VZ provided. But here is where I run into problems.. I followed this forum

http://forums.androidcentral.com/dro...esort-fix.html

and everything worked, except.. well, replacing the software. Half way through, Odin tells me it failed the write, and shuts my phone off. My phone still works and all that, but it still has the 2.3.4 software version.

I have wiped both my SD card AND reset the phone multiple times with no luck.

Help?
    12-22-2011 05:45 PM
    Hey everybody,

A while back I flashed a ROM of 2.3.4 onto my Droid Charge through Odin.
    The performance was disappointing, and it didn't seem worth it with all of the problems I was having, but I never went back. Now that VZ has officially released the gingerbread software update, I want to restore my phone to 2.2 - and then request the over the air software upgrade that VZ provided. But here is where I run into problems.. I followed this forum

http://forums.androidcentral.com/dro...esort-fix.html

and everything worked, except.. well, replacing the software. Half way through, Odin tells me it failed the write, and shuts my phone off. My phone still works and all that, but it still has the 2.3.4 software version.

I have wiped both my SD card AND reset the phone multiple times with no luck.

Help?
    Did you make sure that the drivers were installed properly, did you use the USB ports on the back of the computer? Did you try flashing with the battery out ?
    12-22-2011 05:51 PM
    Did you make sure that the drivers were installed properly, did you use the USB ports on the back of the computer? Did you try flashing with the battery out ?
    I'm almost positive the drivers are installed right, but i'll double-check, and the battery was out with when I flashed.
    12-22-2011 05:54 PM
    I'm almost positive the drivers are installed right, but i'll double-check, and the battery was out with when I flashed.
    ok and you are using the USB port in the back of the computer? try doing it with the battery in
    12-22-2011 05:55 PM
    putting the battery in fixed it.

Thank you so much!
    12-22-2011 06:35 PM
    putting the battery in fixed it.

Thank you so much!
    Very Welcome
    12-22-2011 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD