To all of my fellow Chargers:

samthomas1989

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I'll be getting a new droid charge in a couple of days and I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips.
I want to get rid of all the bloatware and anything else I don't need that will effect the performance of my phone.
I'm also not a big fan of the mocha brown color scheme and want to know what some of you have done with the look of the phone.

Any other Charge must-haves that you think I could benefit from would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks!

Last edited:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Welcome! Hope you like your new phone as much as I have!

My upgrade path went like this:

I flashed this file with Odin: [ODIN][ALL IN ONE][EP4D] Gingerbread 2.3.6 W/Root/CWR/IMO Kernel 4.0 - xda-developers

That got me debloated, rooted and CWM.

Then I went and flashed the Infinity Rom.from here: [12-11-11][ROM][EP4D] InfinityROM - xda-developers

I did have to flash it twice because of some stupid stuff that went on with the first flash (not the ROMs fault)

I did that primarily because I hated the performance of the debloated and I trust IMNUTS to put ouot a great ROM. I wasnt disappointed at all. Also it is easier to change up the color scheme. I went with InfinatelyMNML, and I love it, but it may not be your cup of tea. Check out the list here: Droid Charge Themes and Apps - xda-developers and go with what you want.

As always, YMMV and make sure you READ up on what you are doing and how to do it. If you have questions ask away (after a quick search, most questions have been asked I believe). Most of all if things go wrong, don't panic.

Have fun with the phone!

Reactions: Chocoburger

Midnight_Ninja

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Another option you may want to consider is tweakstock. Infinity Rom worked great for me, but after a couple days I had lag, and so I changed to tweakstock.

Note that the kernel included in one of the packages is rfs. If you want voodoo/ext4, or if you want to use the stock kernel, flash the package without kernel. and then flash whatever kernel you want.

Heres the link to download: [Ep4D][Rom][Cwm][Odin]TweakStock v1.0 - RootzWiki

Reactions: dwitherell

samthomas1989

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
piizzadude, what do you think? is Infinity Rom laggy?

And thanks to both of you for reply's

piizzadude, I looked up InfinatelyMNML theme and I think its amazing. Any chance you can send me pics of your phone? I just wanna see more pics of it.

I should be getting my droid soon and InfMNML will definately be on it, if it's not "laggy" like midnight_ninja said..

ick

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I have not found the Infinity ROM laggy. But I did a significant "clean up" before I installed it. YMMV but I've nothing but positive experience with it,

samthomas1989

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Welcome! Hope you like your new phone as much as I have!

My upgrade path went like this:

I flashed this file with Odin: [ODIN][ALL IN ONE][EP4D] Gingerbread 2.3.6 W/Root/CWR/IMO Kernel 4.0 - xda-developers

That got me debloated, rooted and CWM.

Then I went and flashed the Infinity Rom.from here: [12-11-11][ROM][EP4D] InfinityROM - xda-developers

I did have to flash it twice because of some stupid stuff that went on with the first flash (not the ROMs fault)

I did that primarily because I hated the performance of the debloated and I trust IMNUTS to put ouot a great ROM. I wasnt disappointed at all. Also it is easier to change up the color scheme. I went with InfinatelyMNML, and I love it, but it may not be your cup of tea. Check out the list here: Droid Charge Themes and Apps - xda-developers and go with what you want.

As always, YMMV and make sure you READ up on what you are doing and how to do it. If you have questions ask away (after a quick search, most questions have been asked I believe). Most of all if things go wrong, don't panic.

Have fun with the phone!

I'm very uninformed when it comes to phones and rooting and all that other stuff.

You said you flashed a file with Odin.

That got you debloated, rooted, and CWM. What does that mean? How do I make sure I do this correctly the first time?

Then you said you flashed the infinity rom

After that you said you went with the InfinatelyMNML, which I think is awesome.

Basically I'm just asking what all this means and what is it doing to my phone? I want to do all of this but I feel like i need a little bit of schooling before I start tinkering.

Thanks for all your help!

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm very uninformed when it comes to phones and rooting and all that other stuff.

You said you flashed a file with Odin.

That got you debloated, rooted, and CWM. What does that mean? How do I make sure I do this correctly the first time?

Then you said you flashed the infinity rom

After that you said you went with the InfinatelyMNML, which I think is awesome.

Basically I'm just asking what all this means and what is it doing to my phone? I want to do all of this but I feel like i need a little bit of schooling before I start tinkering.

Thanks for all your help!

OK...debloated means all useless Verizon apps that were included on your handset when you bought it are gone. Freeing up more memory and getting some of them to just not run in the background. Killing your battery.
Rooted...gives you superuser access to the device. Allowing you to mod and access all files on the device. It allows you to use root only apps that can do various different things. Change font. Flash new roms. Flash other modifications that developers create.
Cwm... clockwork mod. This is were you flash roms. Think of it simply as an ms dos prompt on windows. From there you can flash various files or mods that you have downloaded.
They only way you make sure you do it right the first time is to do your homework. Read. Take your time. Read some more and take your time. :thumbup: I've personally found it extremely hard to completely brick a device. Which I've never done. The good thing about android is...you can always recover the device. Odin is a good windows application that will do everything for you. It can root. And flash a rom all in one sequence.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34