Im still on froyo rooted with custom themes and kernels. I have been wanting to take to ota update that my phone keeps bugging me about for the last couple months. Problem is all the tutorials that ive seen thus far show that if you take the update via a flash it will basically do a hard reset on the phone. This is extremely inconvenient and would like to avoid this at all costs. i have too many apps and settings that I do not want to research and redo all over again. Is there a way to just get the ota update as a regular update and not have it hard reset the phone?
    01-18-2012 02:34 PM
    Im still on froyo rooted with custom themes and kernels. I have been wanting to take to ota update that my phone keeps bugging me about for the last couple months. Problem is all the tutorials that ive seen thus far show that if you take the update via a flash it will basically do a hard reset on the phone. This is extremely inconvenient and would like to avoid this at all costs. i have too many apps and settings that I do not want to research and redo all over again. Is there a way to just get the ota update as a regular update and not have it hard reset the phone?
    its not that spooky.. GB is good and why not update..simple to do.. and a updated ph most of the time is better than a old ragged out ph..

get a backup app and back up your apps.. of course if the apps you have are general apps for piddling around.. just root the PH and reload them.. after all we buy these smart Phs to piddle with anyways.
    i have not heard of anyone having any hard data such as records of live births or what evers nor work programs,
    i use Titanium backup myself and like it very well... just back up the apps unless theres one you do not want then dont batch backup.. also Google usually reloads everything any how except the rom you switched from.

if yer in limbo ,, then heres a way for you.. if you need advice on getting the OTA update, welp .. get it...
    theres no big mystery about it. the color sucks. but that can be changed. if yer ph is bugging you to take the OTA get it and maybe you like it,, either way is to root and if yer rooted and still on Froyo yer ph wont ask to be updated...
    01-19-2012 06:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD