okay well i have the droid charge and i rooted it last night for the first time and i wanted to change my boot animation. i did and all it would do is it would stay at that animation and it wouldnt change, so i tried all the steps from youtube and non of them worked. So i went back to the Root menu on phone and i went to mount/unmount key and i formated my sd card, formted my data, and everything. on youtube it said it would help and then all you would have to do is install the update zip on the sdcard, and i did and now it wont pass the samsung title or anything and when my phone is off the charger will be stuck on the loading key. Please help me
    01-24-2012 08:02 AM
    okay well i have the droid charge and i rooted it last night for the first time and i wanted to change my boot animation. i did and all it would do is it would stay at that animation and it wouldnt change, so i tried all the steps from youtube and non of them worked. So i went back to the Root menu on phone and i went to mount/unmount key and i formated my sd card, formted my data, and everything. on youtube it said it would help and then all you would have to do is install the update zip on the sdcard, and i did and now it wont pass the samsung title or anything and when my phone is off the charger will be stuck on the loading key. Please help me
    You need to download a ROM. Download an unzipped ROM on your computer. Plug your phone into the computer, then boot the phone into recovery. Mount sd storage, and put the ROM on the sd card. Unmount the phone and unplug. Now you just need to flash the ROM and you should be good. To flash the ROM you need to wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition. Now apply sdcard:update.zip and choose your ROM
    01-24-2012 08:52 AM
    What video were you watching?

First off let's get some more information. You were rooted I see, what ROM were you running? Can you get back into CWM Recovery?

The Charge has a certain way of changing the boot animation and as far as I know it is not a really standard way.

All is not really lost. If you can get to the sammy logo, you need to go into download mode, then flash this file: [ODIN][ROM][EP4D][FACTORY] Full factory restore 2.3.6 with radio - unrooted 12/7/11 - xda-developers in ODIN to gete back to full factory GB stock and start the process over as far as rooting and the like.

GENERAL WARNING: if you see a video on youtube about doing something to your phone, please make sure that the video is of your phone. All phones are not made alike. We are all running android, but some have Touchwiz, some have sense and each manufacturer changes crap around. Make sure you look for specific instructions for your specific phone. for instance, these are the insructions for the Charge: [Q] Changing boot animation?? [Archive] - xda-developers
    01-24-2012 01:14 PM
    What video were you watching?

First off let's get some more information. You were rooted I see, what ROM were you running? Can you get back into CWM Recovery?

The Charge has a certain way of changing the boot animation and as far as I know it is not a really standard way.

All is not really lost. If you can get to the sammy logo, you need to go into download mode, then flash this file: [ODIN][ROM][EP4D][FACTORY] Full factory restore 2.3.6 with radio - unrooted 12/7/11 - xda-developers in ODIN to gete back to full factory GB stock and start the process over as far as rooting and the like.

GENERAL WARNING: if you see a video on youtube about doing something to your phone, please make sure that the video is of your phone. All phones are not made alike. We are all running android, but some have Touchwiz, some have sense and each manufacturer changes crap around. Make sure you look for specific instructions for your specific phone. for instance, these are the insructions for the Charge: [Q] Changing boot animation?? [Archive] - xda-developers
    Thank you so much ....
    Your freaking amazing. i though at first that my phone was done forth but thanks to you it works
    01-24-2012 04:15 PM
    Not a problem. That is what AC is for. Glad everything is ok

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    DooC likes this.
    01-24-2012 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD