Rooted Charge, poor battery life

mrsteacher82

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I've rooted my Charge and took care of a lot of the bloatware according to a list I found of safe-to-remove apps (which I can't find anymore). I just renamed the endings.

Anyways, my battery continues to die after 7-8 hours, much of which is downtime while I'm at work and not using my phone. I've tried shutting off the mobile data because I figured it was draining the battery from constantly searching for signals (I don't get very good reception at work).

Today I downloaded Advanced Task Killer to see if it knows something I don't. Every time I check, even within 5 minutes of killing the selected apps, I have a whole new list of apps popping up. The most common ones are:

My Verizon Mobile
Touch (I use it for texting with out of network people)
Blogger
Daily Briefing
Clock
Google+
Maps
Sportacular
Facebook
Facebook Messenger
doubleTwist
Email
IM
Words with Friends

How can I stop these apps from always running in the background? They're things I use but I feel like they're what's killing my battery life. I go into the Program Monitor constantly to close active applications and clear the memory (I'm a novice so I don't know if I'm actually doing any good here).

I'd appreciate any ideas anyone might share!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Lots of those apps look like they would background sync. Go into settings accts & sync and change the interval in between syncs

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk