Running Tweakstock 1.4 with PBJ kernel & ext4 conversion
    CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.0 installed
    I also had ADW Launcher

I accidentally entered recovery while the phone was on, when I held the power button too long and tapped "Recovery." I avoided doing anything in recovery, other than "reboot system now."

Now I can't access ADW Launcher and many of my apps. They are still listed in Settings, but no icons, and the names are different. For example, "org.adw.launcher."

How can I restore my launcher, apps, and settings without downloading them all over again? How can I prevent this from happening again?
    02-14-2012 07:10 AM
    Running Tweakstock 1.4 with PBJ kernel & ext4 conversion
    CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.0 installed
    I also had ADW Launcher

I accidentally entered recovery while the phone was on, when I held the power button too long and tapped "Recovery." I avoided doing anything in recovery, other than "reboot system now."

Now I can't access ADW Launcher and many of my apps. They are still listed in Settings, but no icons, and the names are different. For example, "org.adw.launcher."

How can I restore my launcher, apps, and settings without downloading them all over again? How can I prevent this from happening again?
    I have no idea how that happened but go into adw and hit clear defaults. Hit the home key and you should be given you option to choose a launcher. Choose adw and see if that brings it back.

Charged up post!
    02-14-2012 01:19 PM
    Charged up post!
    Thanks for replying. I'm not sure if the last thing is a comment about the problem I'm having or about the nature of my post. I tried your suggestion, but that didn't work, since ADW Launcher is one of the apps that I can't access anymore.

After going to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Downloaded,
    for all of the apps in question, I see an option to Uninstall, as well as a value of 0.00B for
    Total, Applications, Data, and Cache. I want to post a screenshot but that's broken
    at the moment.
    02-14-2012 09:41 PM
    the last comment is my tapatalk signature.

You are in the right place, but if you scroll up on the launcher you should see a button for "clear defaults"
    02-14-2012 10:32 PM
    Unfortunately the option for clear defaults is grayed out, and it indicates that default is not set.
    02-15-2012 12:41 AM
    I ended up flashing the Tweakstock ROM again and reinstalling the apps that were still missing. Oh well. At least it's working smoothly again.
    02-15-2012 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD