I've backed up my current ROM, and I'm trying to flash Gummy Charged 2.0. When I go to flash the ROM from ROM Manager, I get a "movi_checking done!" message, along with the Android unboxing logo, but then I see the image of the box with an "X" and the phone just reboots as usual.

Sorry if I'm mixing up some of the technical stuff, the only other phone I rooted was the OG Droid which was a cinch to use.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Just another note, if I shut down and restart the phone holding Power+Volume Up+Home, it boots into the default Android recovery...
    02-21-2012 01:02 PM
    That's because you should not be using rom manager with the Charge. The recovery in Rom Manger does not play nice with Samsung phones. You must first install this clockwork mod recovery in odin. Then you can access it by holding Power+Vol Up+Home. That backup you did is probably useless too sorry.

Also, just a suggestion, but I would suggest choosing a Rom that's current. That rom, although it works fine, is very out of date. My suggestions would be TweakStock or Eclipse since people seem to have the least amount of issues with those and are current with devs still working on them.
    02-21-2012 02:54 PM
    That's because you should not be using rom manager with the Charge. The recovery in Rom Manger does not play nice with Samsung phones. You must first install this clockwork mod recovery in odin. Then you can access it by holding Power+Vol Up+Home. That backup you did is probably useless too sorry.

Also, just a suggestion, but I would suggest choosing a Rom that's current. That rom, although it works fine, is very out of date. My suggestions would be TweakStock or Eclipse since people seem to have the least amount of issues with those and are current with devs still working on them.

Thanks for the reply. I'll check that out, and re-back up with Odin then?

As far as a current Rom, I'll be sure to give those a look. I'm having trouble finding the more updated Roms, the OG Droid had a much larger root community it seems, but I'll do some browsing.
    02-21-2012 03:03 PM

As far as a current Rom, I'll be sure to give those a look. I'm having trouble finding the more updated Roms, the OG Droid had a much larger root community it seems, but I'll do some browsing.
    I run GummyCharge from time to time. You should flash 2.0 and then after restart flash 2.1.

It seems all the Devs ran away to the Nexus. The Droid Charge just came out at an inopportune time.

Dave
    02-22-2012 08:58 AM

No, do a backup through the clockwork mod recovery once installed on your phone. If you're looking for the roms in androidcentral then that's your problem. Most devs don't post their work in these forums, but rather at xda or rootzwiki. The OG Droid had a WAY larger community than the Charge. We have a small community and not many devs but the devs we do have are awesome .
    02-22-2012 04:25 PM
    I run GummyCharge from time to time. You should flash 2.0 and then after restart flash 2.1.

It seems all the Devs ran away to the Nexus. The Droid Charge just came out at an inopportune time.

Dave

The only devs afaik that ran away to the Nexus and didn't look back where TeamGummy/Liberty and Danalo. Imnuts is one of the original devs on the Charge and although he got a Nexus, he's still around. He's basically our only kernel dev left I believe.

I don't blame the devs for moving on though, because if I had a Nexus too I wouldn't be looking back at the charge either lol.
    02-22-2012 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD