I rooted my phone about 10 days ago. Had no problems. Downloaded Titanium backup and Superuser, both seemed to have root access but didn't get a chance to actually back up the phone. After the Charge update last week, Titanium is giving an error that the phone is not rooted. What do I do now? I am not really techie so plan language please. I want to wifi tether, can't see spending an additional $30/month on top of the $30 I already spend.
    Thanks in advance
    04-06-2012 11:30 AM
    I have a Droid Pro and had a similar issue. Luckily I held off on the update and monitored the message boards. I found out that by using the app OTA Rootkeeper I was able to backup my root access before the update. Then I did the update which killed root. After the update, OTA Rootkeeper restored root. You may want to check and see if an SBF file is available for your phone. Then you can flash back to before the update. Then root and back up root with OTA, then run the update and restore root with OTA.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk
    04-07-2012 09:15 AM
    Go to XDA website FP1 - All packages up to date - xda-developers here you can find how to root stock FP1 under #5
    04-12-2012 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD