Gummycharge issue

dsmdave

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I installed my first rom ever today. Its gummycharge. My firmware was 2.3.6 after rom it was 2.2.1. How did it downgrade? I know the new update helps battery but is it worth losing. How did this happen

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Could be they found out, that the lower firmware helps with battery life? That would be my guess. :)

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
You might want to check out either Tweaked 2.0 or Eclipse ROMS. I'm not sure how much support there is for Gummy these days. That could also be why you are back on 2.2.1...take a look at the date of the latest version of that ROM, wherever you got it from.

Congrats on flashing a custom ROM! You will never look back again. :)

dsmdave

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I just eclipsed my bionic. Looks like the charge is getting it tonight. Thanks guys! How is the eclipse battery for the charge

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I just eclipsed my bionic. Looks like the charge is getting it tonight. Thanks guys! How is the eclipse battery for the charge

Battery life, as I have come to understand it, is more about the kernel, and not the ROM itself. So if you try Eclipse with the stock kernel, you should see decent battery life...better than running pure stock Gingerbread, because the custom ROM has a smaller, lighter footprint than stock, but not a ton better.

If you try a custom kernel, your results with battery life will vary depending on how you customize stuff (voltage setting, cpu settings, etc.). I've tried custom kernels, and personally I never really get much out of them for the way I use my phone. Good luck!

dsmdave

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I am loving now the bionic acts on the new software. Feels much quicker and cleaner.

dsmdave

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Here is my issue. I have fp1 but a lower software. Pics attached. Should I upgrade to eclipse with the new version I'm getting ota updates but they fail

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Flash the latest version of eclipse or tweaked 2.0 (my favorite Charge ROM). They are both based on the FP1 update. And both are great ROMS.

neechi

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I flashed to the Eclipse ROM and ended up getting the "software update" nags.... went back to Gummy Charged - it runs okay, but I do see some occasional flakey-ness.

kraisydave

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Nicki,

You do not see the updates in GummyCharge because the Devs blocked it. You can do this yourself by changing a little text in the code.

GummyCharge devs moved on to the Nexus. Eclipse and Tweatstock are the two that have been updated to the latest OTA by Verizon called FP1. To clear any issues up you would need to restore to stock, take the FP1 if not already there, then go on to the ROM of choice. Or you can change the text and ignore the updates.

I run GummyCharge from time to time still. I like it, but there are unsupported issues. Eclipse has been running fine for me, but only when coming from a clean install. Let me know if you or anyone needs any help bouncing around between ROMs.

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC