Charge already rooted !!

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
This is wicked good news. There will be a one click root procedure in a few days for sure.

This message was sent via Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Attention
Looking for anyone with a Droid Charge willing to help me test a Semi Auto Root for it. It will only require typing 2 commands. Please PM me and ill get with you tomorrow if you are willing to test this out

Ufd108

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Please pardon my ignorance, as I'm new to the Android community (currently deciding between one of the LTE Android phones vs. the iPhone), but what does rooting actually do for you? Is it to run apps that aren't from the original marketplace or does it give you other controls over the phone?

Thanks.

Reactions: brianct1972

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Please pardon my ignorance, as I'm new to the Android community (currently deciding between one of the LTE Android phones vs. the iPhone), but what does rooting actually do for you? Is it to run apps that aren't from the original marketplace or does it give you other controls over the phone?

Thanks.

All of the above.

Google it and read up on it. It's great, but not for everyone.

Sent from my DROIDX

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Ooh, this is great news. With Samsung's commitment to posting all their source code, I'm really excited to see what the community can come up with. If someone can port a Nexus S ROM to it (stock Gingerbread on an ext4 filesystem) with everything still working great, I may just give up waiting for the revised Bionic. I'm willing to bet that the right kernel and ROM would have this phone running as fast as anything dual-core is likely to do in the near future, in which case the screen may be the most important consideration.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
[NOTE]This will get its own thread when confirmed to work[/NOTE]

DSCsemiauto.png

[WARN]THIS IS NOT YET TESTED[/WARN]​

[warn]The method of rooting your Android device as described in the article herein is solely for enthusiasts and not for the faint of heart.

Android Police, Android Central, Team AndIRC and myself disclaim all liability for any harm that may befall your device, including, but not limited to: bricked phones, voided manufacturer warranties, exploding batteries, etc.
[/warn]

Semi Auto Root:
  • Download Semi Auto Root
  • Unzip to any place on the computer
  • Connect phone in USB debugging mode
  • Open DroidCharge_Semi_Autoroot Folder
  • Click start root
  • Follow directions as prompted on screen

Once enterted into Shell command,
after the prompt # Enter
Code:
/data/local/GingerBreak

after successful exploit you will see "[!] dance forever my only one",
after the prompt # Enter
Code:
/data/local/com.sh

The phone will then reboot and you are now rooted :cool:

Download Semi Auto Root here:

Credits:
Cskills for Gingerbreak exploit
jcase/team AndIRC/Android police for posting original adb method

Last edited:

imnuts

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
You could replace the "adb shell" command in the script with the follow and maybe make it fully automated.
Code:
adb shell /data/local/GingerBreak
adb shell /data/local/com.sh

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
You could replace the "adb shell" command in the script with the follow and maybe make it fully automated.
Code:
adb shell /data/local/GingerBreak
adb shell /data/local/com.sh

I tried, but what happens is when gingerbreak is done running it leaves you in adb shell and it wont execute the last command.

But i have been working with someone and we are working on something to fix it :cool: