12-05-2011 02:07 AM
42 12
tools
    I have copied the mirror for you.
    Thank you so much for that mate, finally got it working on my computer.
    05-28-2011 10:14 PM
    computer at work wont recognize my droid charge. Cant seem to find drivers for it. running alt beast v4.
    06-08-2011 01:51 PM
    computer at work wont recognize my droid charge. Cant seem to find drivers for it. running alt beast v4.
    updated the link, sorry
    06-08-2011 06:13 PM
    New here as of tonight and just bought a Samsung Charge this afternoon. I want to say thanks to whoever wrote that charger/USB driver file for XP and to DroidXcon for making it available here. I was going nuts till I found the file added to the OP post. Now I can charge through the computer as well as access the external MicroSD as an exernal drive. Ran driver, worked first time, every time.
    Happy camper here!
    06-26-2011 02:03 AM
    just want to say, i freaking love you. i was getting so frustrated and your download solved all my problems! thanks!
    06-29-2011 11:53 PM
    Here's one for you.
    I tried to get my computer to see the sd card for hours. Reinstalled drivers and reflashed sd card fix a half-dozen times and nothing. Out of desperation I swapped the Samsung Charge micro usb cable for one I found in a hotel room and now it works fine.
    06-30-2011 11:29 PM
    Am using correct cable have drivers installed, still getting CD-ROM on computer. If in mass storage I can read files if not in mass storage I get a list of programs like Bootstrap and the drivers file. PLEASE HELP
    07-07-2011 11:41 AM
    Anyone know where to get the VIA USB drivers in 64-bit that are needed for use with Samsung PST. All the ones I've seen are 32-bit drivers and they do not work with Win 7 64-bit
    07-07-2011 02:33 PM
    Summary of findings:

Not all MicroUSB cables are the same. I don't know what they do but they have found a way to make you buy new cables every time. It could be the build quality.

• Generally, the cable that comes with the phone is good for both charging and making USB connections.
    • LG cable I used in 2009 occasionally gave problems with the Samsung Omnia 2 in 2010. Problems disappeared when I bought a new cable for Omnia 2.
    • Omnia 2 cable I used in 2010 is now only good for charging the new Samsung CHARGE that I bought recently. It does not make USB connection even after installing specific USB drivers for Windows.
    • Out of three cables I bought on Amazon for the new samsung CHARGE, the AMZER retractable cable works only for charging the phone. Again the same problem.

Hope this helps.

cellu
    07-08-2011 11:14 AM
    Thanks so much, I'm glad you put the driver right there, for some reason I can't pull it off of my phone. I'm NOT a wizard when it comes to this stuff but I'm about to attempt rooting my phone for tethering benefits.. I found a tutorial on YouTube and I was just going to follow those instructions. Any tips/advice in regard to a better source for a tutorial in rooting a Samsung Droid Charge, or does this seem legitimate to follow? I'm really scared and I don't want to turn my phone into an expensive paper weight! I'd really love and appreciate any of your guys' Expert advice!
    09-26-2011 10:02 PM

^^ That's the YouTube link I was talking about, I guess I had to complete my first post without a link inserted so that I could earn that privilege
    09-26-2011 10:04 PM
    I just skimmed it, and it looks fine.
    Are you on EE4? If so I would use this link on the forums:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/dro...rsion-ee4.html

Before you root, be sure to read as much as you can. But this will give you the basics. Just a quick look around the forums here will give you all the information you will ever need to know.
    Charmer77 likes this.
    09-26-2011 10:16 PM
    Yikes! This is so much bigger than I am ready for... I'm googling what the heck EE4 even means as we speak... lmao I fully admit to my ignorance. I'm definitely going to hold off and read, read, read. I really appreciate your response and I'm reading the link you provided right now!
    Midnight_Ninja likes this.
    09-26-2011 10:31 PM
    No problem! Happy Reading!
    09-27-2011 05:08 PM
    Edit:
    post below
    10-08-2011 06:53 PM
    Direct link to Samsungs site for the driver download (22MB)...
    Samsung
    10-08-2011 06:54 PM
    Hey Black-out,
    The link you posted to the Samsung site does not have a download link to the drivers.
    Maybe they took it down.
    You wouldn't happen to have the installer file you downloaded?
    If you do, I would really appreciate it if you uploaded them.
    Thanks.
    12-05-2011 02:07 AM
42 12