04-17-2013 08:43 PM
524 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Thank you for this awesome guide!
    06-16-2011 10:22 PM
    [WARN]Gingersnap (along with all other Android modifications) is experimental software and while I have made this as safe as possible, differences in operating environments and natural disasters can cause your device to become unusable. Please make sure you understand this important fact before downloading.

Disclaimer: Neither myself, Android Central or any other member of Android Central are responsible for any disasters that occur as a result of any hack or modification you perform on your device. Your use of this application is at your own risk![/WARN]

With that out of the way, I'd like to introduce you to the Gingersnap Root Utility. Gingersnap is a one-click root utility, much like SuperOneClick or Universal Androot.

The nitty gritty: Gingersnap uses a modified version of the famous GingerBreak exploit to automatically root your Android-powered device and installs the necessary files to maintain a permanent root status.

Pre-use Requirements:
    1) You need the .NET 4 Framework. Not the Client Profile, the full .NET 4 Framework.
    2) For some reason you need the Visual C++ 2008 redistributable installed. Don't ask me why.
    3) You need proper drivers for the your phone. Your video card doesn't work without drivers and neither will your phone.
    4) Before running this Utility please make sure your phone is in debugging mode

Instructions:
    • Download and unzip Gingersnap-V1.2.zip to anyplace on your computer
    • Connect your phone to computer in debugging mode
    • Open Gingersnap-V1.2 folder
    • Double click Gingersnap applications icon
    • press GO , sit back and relax

Credits:
    Gingersnap Utility: drewwalton19216801
    GingerBreak exploit: C-Skills (Sebastian)
    Autoroot shell script (com.sh): Droidxcon, YAY ME!
    MAJOR thanks to jondevere for being drewwalton19216801's personal guinea pig!

Think you're ready? The file is attached to this post.

Source Code:
    The modified GingerBreak source code is attached to this post. The filename is gingerbreak-mod-gs-src.zip
    This really helped. thanks
    Zoodevil1096 likes this.
    06-18-2011 11:06 AM
    thanks for the tips
    06-19-2011 12:03 AM
    06-19-2011 11:11 AM
    Am I correct to say that you must root your phone before downloading ROM's.
    06-19-2011 12:15 PM
    06-19-2011 03:17 PM
    [WARN]Gingersnap (along with all other Android modifications) is experimental software and while I have made this as safe as possible, differences in operating environments and natural disasters can cause your device to become unusable. Please make sure you understand this important fact before downloading.

Disclaimer: Neither myself, Android Central or any other member of Android Central are responsible for any disasters that occur as a result of any hack or modification you perform on your device. Your use of this application is at your own risk![/WARN]

With that out of the way, I'd like to introduce you to the Gingersnap Root Utility. Gingersnap is a one-click root utility, much like SuperOneClick or Universal Androot.

The nitty gritty: Gingersnap uses a modified version of the famous GingerBreak exploit to automatically root your Android-powered device and installs the necessary files to maintain a permanent root status.

Pre-use Requirements:
    1) You need the .NET 4 Framework. Not the Client Profile, the full .NET 4 Framework.
    2) For some reason you need the Visual C++ 2008 redistributable installed. Don't ask me why.
    3) You need proper drivers for the your phone. Your video card doesn't work without drivers and neither will your phone.

Instructions:

Credits:

Source Code:
    The modified GingerBreak source code is attached to this post. The filename is gingerbreak-mod-gs-src.zip
    This is awesome!
    06-19-2011 10:43 PM
    Can someone please tell me where to download the Gingersnap program? i am new to this and trying to learn
    06-19-2011 11:39 PM
    I have been trying to root for a long while and seems like a good guide, trying it now
    06-20-2011 01:13 AM
    Nice! Thanks for this
    06-20-2011 03:01 AM
    I'm stuck and don't know why this isn't working for me.
    06-20-2011 08:15 PM
    Can someone please tell me where to download the Gingersnap program? i am new to this and trying to learn
    I'm having the same issue
    06-20-2011 08:39 PM

Pre-use Requirements:

Instructions:

Credits:

Source Code:
    Too Awesome! I've been waiting almost forever! :-)
    06-20-2011 10:49 PM
    Awesome, Thanks!
    06-21-2011 10:06 PM
    everything was going smooth until i entered the command "/data/local/GingerBreak" i saw the following:

[+] Detected Froyo!
    [+] Found system: 0xafd1452d strcmp: 0xafd1d7ed
    [+] Found PT_DYNAMIC of size 264 (33 entries)
    [+] Found GOT: 0x000162e8
    [+] Using device /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.2/mmc_host/mmc2[*] vold: 2385 GOT start: 0x000162e8 GOT end: 000016328.

i thought this part supposed to take a few minutes but i left it this way for more than an hour and no change...ive also removed the battery and repeted the process..and it always stops at the same place...any ideas on what to do next???
    06-22-2011 01:17 AM
    Thank you.
    06-22-2011 12:18 PM
    Thanks
    06-22-2011 01:44 PM
    still didint go hope will go soon !
    06-22-2011 03:59 PM
    Thanks!
    06-22-2011 11:27 PM
    thanks
    06-23-2011 12:48 AM

Pre-use Requirements:

Instructions:

Credits:

Source Code:
    I read somewhere that this wipes your APN number, is that true?
    06-23-2011 12:54 PM
    I read somewhere that this wipes your APN number, is that true?
    thanks
    06-23-2011 03:11 PM
    06-23-2011 04:51 PM
    so after you root your phone can you have unlimited tethering?
    06-23-2011 06:19 PM
    THanx a bunch for the breakdown.
    06-24-2011 03:05 AM
524 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD