[How-to] Root Droid Charge**5/19/11**[Windows & Mac] Now with GingerSnap!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Noob question. How do I know If I'm rooted. Followed the semi auto root. And everything went through. Just like it should. I tried to uninstall and app and it would not let me. So I'm guessing I'm not. So I tried again. When I get to the /data/Gingerbreak prompt It says something about unable to gain access.

Thanks for any info

RS

if you are rooted you should have the superuser app in the app drawer
did you use /data/local/GingerBreak or the command you used above?

das7771

May 16, 2011
Visit site
OK so im pretty sure i found a way to root ED2 but now my phone doesnt find the updates.....figures lol

you did not happen to change the build prop and forget to change it back did you? ed2 back to ed1...not trying to insult your intelligence...just grasping at straws...i was on the phone with vzw lying about a problem i didnt have..and they found a fix for my so called issue so i wasnt able to pull off a phone swap...lol

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
you did not happen to change the build prop and forget to change it back did you? ed2 back to ed1...not trying to insult your intelligence...just grasping at straws...i was on the phone with vzw lying about a problem i didnt have..and they found a fix for my so called issue so i wasnt able to pull off a phone swap...lol

yeah i changed it back and still a no go, i probably just have to wait till it cycles for my phone again

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
if you are rooted you should have the superuser app in the app drawer
did you use /data/local/GingerBreak or the command you used above?

I used the /data/local/GingerBreak

I figured I needed to start from scratch so I deleted the Superuser from Apps. Yea Yea. Noob mistake I know better.

now when trying to enter the above string. I get "cannot copy boomsh. : permission denied :'(

any suggestions

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I used the /data/local/GingerBreak

I figured I needed to start from scratch so I deleted the Superuser from Apps. Yea Yea. Noob mistake I know better.

now when trying to enter the above string. I get "cannot copy boomsh. : permission denied :'(

any suggestions

with your file manager go to /data/local/tmp
delete boomsh and sh

pull battery and try again

das7771

May 16, 2011
Visit site
ok i wont bother u again until you got it figured out...just dying to do something to this phone...i like it the way it is but root would keep me so much busier.i smell a machiatto coming soon...what the hell is that anyways.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Under Data there is nothing listed

My file tree looks like this

.android_secure

Android

Data

DCIM

LOST.DIR

Vault.

Any suggestions on were to start looking

you are going to need either es explorer, root explorer, or Super manger. i heard super manager is free

right now you are looking at your sd card

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
downloaded super manager but only shows the SD card files once again says need root access for system files.

Do you think any of the other programs will allow me to access those files while not rooted. Also Im assuming Im using the phone to access those files

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
downloaded super manager but only shows the SD card files once again says need root access for system files.

Do you think any of the other programs will allow me to access those files while not rooted. Also Im assuming Im using the phone to access those files

Ill help you after I eat

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks i downloaded root explorer. But really cart seem to find anything. I just got this thing today so if there is a reformat or hard reset i can give that a run

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks i downloaded root explorer. But really cart seem to find anything. I just got this thing today so if there is a reformat or hard reset i can give that a run

when you open root explorer first look for that data folder, open that, then look for the local folder, open that, then look for tmp folder, open that, then you will see the files you want to delete, press and hold sh file and select delete, and repeat for boomsh.

if you cant find them let me know and i will just screen share on your computer and do it for you if you wish

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Not to go all noob on ya but i guess i do this via the pc and not the phone via root explorer ill give it a shot if not i ll catch uo with u when u have time

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Not to go all noob on ya but i guess i do this via the pc and not the phone via root explorer ill give it a shot if not i ll catch uo with u when u have time

the screen sharing, yeah thats via pc.....what i just told you is done via root explorer

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
When i root exp i see data and data but when i click on them it just shows the parent directory and nothing in the files says there all read only

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I guess what is the main directory to start looking for another data file possibly. Thanks for your time i owe u a
beer or 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech