04-17-2013 08:43 PM
524 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I ran the method from post 4. I got the "[!] dance forever my only one" but did not get the SU app in the app tray. When running su from the $ prompt, I get "Permission denied."

I tried the suggestion, quoted here,

then had the same outcome. (The phone did not get the ED2 update, and I just confirmed that Build ends in ED1.)

Any idea what's going on? Thanks.
    After you got dance forever prompt, did you enter the last command

/data/local/com.sh

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    LocrianGroove likes this.
    05-19-2011 05:09 PM
    Yes, I ran that last command on both attempts.
    05-19-2011 05:15 PM
    Yes, I ran that last command on both attempts.
    Try the semi auto root see if it works

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    05-19-2011 05:28 PM
    anjword on the ED2? anyone get past this and root it? mine came with ED2
    05-19-2011 05:46 PM
    After semi auto root, I got the dance forever line again, and now I have the superuser app. However, I can't run su from the adb shell on my PC. Says Permission denied. What do you make of this?
    05-19-2011 05:48 PM
    After semi auto root, I got the dance forever line again, and now I have the superuser app. However, I can't run su from the adb shell on my PC. Says Permission denied. What do you make of this?
    when you type su look at the screen on the phone, superuser app is probably waiting for you to allow or deny
    05-19-2011 05:51 PM
    anjword on the ED2? anyone get past this and root it? mine came with ED2
    altough im weary of this method as far as future updates and/or flash mistakes you can downgrade using odin and this will give you ED1 system build rooted and keep the ED2 baseband

http://forum.androidcentral.com/char...1-05-18-a.html
    05-19-2011 05:53 PM
    Yes, it works. This was in the instructions I read earlier but forgot. Thanks for the reminder and all of your help.
    05-19-2011 05:55 PM
    altough im weary of this method as far as future updates and/or flash mistakes you can downgrade using odin and this will give you ED1 system build rooted and keep the ED2 baseband

http://forum.androidcentral.com/char...1-05-18-a.html
    I am weary of this aswell, any word on if its at all possible to root ED2 or is it just no one found it yet
    05-19-2011 06:05 PM
    I am weary of this aswell, any word on if its at all possible to root ED2 or is it just no one found it yet
    No word yet, im waiting on clockwork then i think we should have no problems rooting
    05-19-2011 06:10 PM
    [WARN]Semi Auto Root has been retired!! GingerSnap has replaced it in the OP , this is a one click root.

Thank you
    Member drewwalton19216801 !!!![/WARN]
    05-19-2011 07:46 PM
    WOW!! i cannot wait to try this i accidentally updated to ED2, and didn't want to use odin, so I'm about to try this, Thanks for all your hard work.
    05-19-2011 08:52 PM
    WOW!! i cannot wait to try this i accidentally updated to ED2, and didn't want to use odin, so I'm about to try this, Thanks for all your hard work.
    im sorry abut it still may not work , but its worth a shot .
    05-19-2011 08:54 PM
    ^+^
    05-19-2011 09:52 PM
    did it work?
    05-19-2011 10:00 PM
    Thank you!
    05-19-2011 10:12 PM
    so i tried running gingersnap on ED2, and the program is stuck in "Stealing the ginger's soul..."

any ideas? or should i just wait for ED2 update with "one-clik-root"
    05-20-2011 12:47 AM
    GingerSnap worked flawlessly, THANK YOU!
    05-20-2011 01:00 AM
    so i tried running gingersnap on ED2, and the program is stuck in "Stealing the ginger's soul..."

any ideas? or should i just wait for ED2 update with "one-clik-root"
    there is no root for ED2 yet
    muzhik likes this.
    05-20-2011 01:15 AM
    It doesn't work. I've been trying for 6 hours to root my updated Charge. "permission denied".
    05-20-2011 01:28 AM
    It doesn't work. I've been trying for 6 hours to root my updated Charge. "permission denied".
    why did you wait so long to ask for help? what method are you using? and are you ED1 or ED2?
    05-20-2011 01:34 AM
    I just upgraded from my Droid to the Droid Charge today. I'm one of those people who need to have control of things so rooting seems to be the first thing that comes to mind with this phone. So far I'm pretty impressed. I thought I would miss the slide keyboard on the Droid but the soft keyboard on the Charge is pretty damn accurate.
    05-20-2011 01:50 AM
    So I followed the instructions on this page and now have a superuser app. However, the GingerBreak step did not run successfully. It gives an error about boomsh not found or something.

I had to downgrade from ED2 to ED1 using your instructions on another thread.

My first need is to remove the annoying message regarding the ED2 update. Not sure how to accomplish that.

Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
    05-20-2011 03:43 PM
    Because I tried SingleClickRoot, or whatever they call that, first. Then tried the other "proven" method of adb'ing Gingerbreak, su, and Superuser.apk to the phone and running them, but I had serious adb connection issues, which took up most of those hours. Finally got adb working and this method didn't work. Then I tried this other method, which also didn't work. Then I cried like a little girl and threw my phone into the pool.

OK, that last part isn't true.

But, the reality is, there is no root for ED2. I just found out about Odin, so I may go that route. You can get around the update notification by editing /system/default.props file and changing ED1 to ED2 everywhere.
    05-20-2011 03:59 PM
    So I followed the instructions on this page and now have a superuser app. However, the GingerBreak step did not run successfully. It gives an error about boomsh not found or something.

I had to downgrade from ED2 to ED1 using your instructions on another thread.

My first need is to remove the annoying message regarding the ED2 update. Not sure how to accomplish that.

Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
    i can help you out just give me a little bit, since im at work.....if you used the downgrade you are already rooted.

ill help you in a little bit
    05-20-2011 04:18 PM
524 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD