[How-to] Root Droid Charge**5/19/11**[Windows & Mac] Now with GingerSnap!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
so trying thru the ADB. In both methods under list of devices attached , mine says *******408acc device

is that right?

lol i edited that for you , dont want people having your serial number if you can help it ..... yeah as long as you see a serial number it should be good, to make sure its not seenig another device try the adb devices with the phone not plugged in and you should see no number

whitepearl86

May 14, 2011
Visit site
lol i edited that for you , dont want people having your serial number if you can help it ..... yeah as long as you see a serial number it should be good, to make sure its not seenig another device try the adb devices with the phone not plugged in and you should see no number

Thanks for the edit!

OK well i tried both methods and nothing, pulled battery 3 times now.

I restarted phone and laptop..trying one last time

I got detected Froyo then command lines and it hangs in the last command line being the vold

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Are you running the ota update? If so this will not work.

yeah she was, they updated her at the store when she bought it . i tried running rage and it didnt work ,,

so i advise people not to update for now until there is a work around for root, and i think the best will be just to get clockwork working and flashing a root zip file

charliebronson

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Just a note for the ADB instructions, in the last command, the b in GingerBreak is not capitalized, so if you just copy/paste you'll get a file not found error when trying to run the exploit. Took me way too long to realize why it wasn't working >_<

whitepearl86

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Went back to verizon and exchanged the phone for one w/o the update patch

ran the semi auto root and it worked like a charm..i am now rooted..woohoo!

whitenessj

May 15, 2011
Visit site
haha how did you explain that one away??
You; "yeah this one is broke"
VZW;" how is it broken"
You:"It has a Verizon update and now it is broke. It wasnt but then You VZW touched it" (sad face)
VZW;" plese leave now" :)

whitepearl86

May 14, 2011
Visit site
haha how did you explain that one away??
You; "yeah this one is broke"
VZW;" how is it broken"
You:"It has a Verizon update and now it is broke. It wasnt but then You VZW touched it" (sad face)
VZW;" plese leave now" :)

hahahaah i said they updated me in the store when i bought the phone so i had no say over the update and now the phone restarts allllll the time and i think it's bc of the update

actually it went like this

me: i just bought phone yesterday, it randomly restarts all the time
vrw guy: did you apply the update?
me: yes..i think thats why phone reboots randomly now
vzw: :funny face:: ok....

then he played with it for like a minute and just swapped it out for a new one haha

maybe it helps having boobs ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde