[How-to] Root Droid Charge**5/19/11**[Windows & Mac] Now with GingerSnap!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
[WARN]OK so i can not get the update, so im going to need a volunteer to help me do this. the person needs to be ok to let me screen share and also needs to have some experience with odin so you understand what im trying to do. Most likely someone that was part of the fascinate community. And above all know exactly the risk they are taking.[/WARN]​

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Big Thanks to DroidXCon for taking some personal time to help out with my noob mistake.

I sent him a few $$ for his time and effort. He said he did not wan't it but, he saved me a big headache that is for sure. Hell if you wan't send him 2 or 3$ as a thanks for taking all the time to write the semi root program etc, and working on the rest of the goodness.

RS

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Titanium ?

Ok quick question with reguards to Titanium. Now that Im rooted. Im sure this would be a good time to do a backup.

Do I want to do a backup of "all user apps + system data" Im assuming this is my fall back should something go wrong.

RS

Last edited:

s0n1c

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to assume this has already been addressed, but I haven't seen it anywhere....

I have the ED2 update, it was loaded on my phone when the VZW rep handed it to me. I know you can't root ED2, and I assume there's no easy way to revert back to ED1. I know on my DINC, you could bring up the bootloader screen and do a factory reset. I'm guessing even if I could so something like that, the ED2 update has already nested itself as the version to restore to upon a factory reset. Am I right in my assumptions?

das7771

May 16, 2011
Visit site
There is now a way to revert back from ED2 to ED1 I just did it and it works flawlessly. Very easy to do as well. It's at the XDA Droid Charge forum.

Now I am going to use DroidXCon's root method and enjoy. I will be sending you a dontation shortly for all your efforts DroidxCOn and you can grab a Macchiato on me. Thanks.

Just rooted and all is good...Big thanks to every one working on this...now its time to remove crapware.

Last edited:

tbonepaint20

May 17, 2011
Visit site
So i lied..

I thought I was rooted because I have the superuser app in my apps tray but when I go to load Titanium or busybox they say they wont work, used root checker and it says im not rooted either! Then I tried to use the soft root and it comes up with boomsh permission denied. What did I do wrong? I got the ! dance at the end of the first root attempt?

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Tbone, I had the issue with titanium said i was not rooted then deleted the files then tried to re do the autoroot and I had the boom sh fail error. You need to delete the boom sh line out of the data file. When you get it to successfully root and download TI you need to go to problems and the get busybox file and it should be working like a charm.

With all that being said if you get in touch with DroidxCon he did a remote over my PC and fixed my mistake in about 2 minutes and another 2 I was re-rooted. He won't ask but send him a couple bucks via paypal for hooking up the community.

RS

mboverst

May 15, 2011
plus.google.com
Just wanted to thank DroidXcon and let him know the next macchiato is on me! I froze all the bloatware and my phone is running much faster. I have zero lag with Touchwiz and using about 188/328 MB on the ram

jasper1605

May 18, 2011
Visit site
There is now a way to revert back from ED2 to ED1 I just did it and it works flawlessly. Very easy to do as well. It's at the XDA Droid Charge forum.

Now I am going to use DroidXCon's root method and enjoy. I will be sending you a dontation shortly for all your efforts DroidxCOn and you can grab a Macchiato on me. Thanks.

Just rooted and all is good...Big thanks to every one working on this...now its time to remove crapware.

What's the link to the xda walkthrough that you used?

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
When I freeze an app. Should I see some type of gain in the information displayed on the overview page of TI. I have froze about 5 things and none of those numbers are changing?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon