[How-to] Root Droid Charge**5/19/11**[Windows & Mac] Now with GingerSnap!

mslpilt#AC

May 18, 2011
Visit site
So this will be my first Droid root. I've recently crossed over from BBerry and have some experience with custom software builds but first timer for Droid software. Would it be in my best interest to wait until the ED2 update issue has been resolved? Or go ahead with the downgrade and root? This site is awesome by the way!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So this will be my first Droid root. I've recently crossed over from BBerry and have some experience with custom software builds but first timer for Droid software. Would it be in my best interest to wait until the ED2 update issue has been resolved? Or go ahead with the downgrade and root? This site is awesome by the way!

I dont know, in theory it should be ok but im not fully comfortable with the downgrade idea since we dont have a fix all package to recovery from a major mistake. And with this adding in the LTE radio firmware i dont know how this will effect things... but it seems harmless for now but im still weary about the idea... its up to you , as the user the responsibility for your device is in your hands. The community gives you options and its up to you to decide if you will accept the end result good or bad.

Sorry if the answer is vague but like i said i dont want to push either way.

mslpilt#AC

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Understood. I'm ok with the risk, just weighing risk against pro's is all. Guess I will wait a day or two and see if anything changes. Thanks again.

hooskins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Here's my glass half empty question. What if the guy who took the flash of the ED1 added other crap to his drivers? Malicious files, etc. Not sure if that's even possible, but people are just blindly using one guys flash. Am I wrong or just a worry wart?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Here's my glass half empty question. What if the guy who took the flash of the ED1 added other crap to his drivers? Malicious files, etc. Not sure if that's even possible, but people are just blindly using one guys flash. Am I wrong or just a worry wart?

He thanks imnuts for the how to make an odin package tutorial. Someone with the knowledge needed to do something like that wouldn't have needed that tutorial in the first place. I trust the source.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
[NOTE]Mac Directions have been added to Post #5 , Please dont crucify if temrinal setup isnt on point. as i dont own a Mac. simply post your problems here and help shall come[/NOTE]​

dspolen

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Just a question here. I know the phone has only been out a few days, but in your opinion, what timeframe are we looking at to get a workable recovery and a flashable debloated Rom? just curious. Thanks.

LocrianGroove

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I ran the method from post 4. I got the "[!] dance forever my only one" but did not get the SU app in the app tray. When running su from the $ prompt, I get "Permission denied."

I tried the suggestion, quoted here,

battery pull
power up again
then use a file manager to delete the following files from /data/local/tmp
sh
boomsh

then try to run root again

and make sure you are on ED1

then had the same outcome. (The phone did not get the ED2 update, and I just confirmed that Build ends in ED1.)

Any idea what's going on? Thanks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I ran the method from post 4. I got the "[!] dance forever my only one" but did not get the SU app in the app tray. When running su from the $ prompt, I get "Permission denied."

I tried the suggestion, quoted here,

then had the same outcome. (The phone did not get the ED2 update, and I just confirmed that Build ends in ED1.)

Any idea what's going on? Thanks.

After you got dance forever prompt, did you enter the last command

/data/local/com.sh

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: LocrianGroove

LocrianGroove

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
After semi auto root, I got the dance forever line again, and now I have the superuser app. However, I can't run su from the adb shell on my PC. Says Permission denied. What do you make of this?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
After semi auto root, I got the dance forever line again, and now I have the superuser app. However, I can't run su from the adb shell on my PC. Says Permission denied. What do you make of this?

when you type su look at the screen on the phone, superuser app is probably waiting for you to allow or deny