[How-to] Root Droid Charge**5/19/11**[Windows & Mac] Now with GingerSnap!

btknight

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So I downgraded to ED1 and rooted. It worked great. But now I am thinking I would like to get back to ED2 so I can stay on schedule with the updates from samsung. Has anyone figured out how to unroot when your in ED1. I tried to just install the ED2 update that keeps popping up, but after it installs and reboots I still have ED1. Any ideas? Thanks! This is a great thread

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So I downgraded to ED1 and rooted. It worked great. But now I am thinking I would like to get back to ED2 so I can stay on schedule with the updates from samsung. Has anyone figured out how to unroot when your in ED1. I tried to just install the ED2 update that keeps popping up, but after it installs and reboots I still have ED1. Any ideas? Thanks! This is a great thread

Are you looking at the base band or build

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I am currently awaiting my Charge to arrive in the mail. I'm planning on using the Gingersnap method to root it (assuming it arrives without the ED2 update). Now, do I need to activate my phone first, before rooting? Or can I root first, then activate?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I am currently awaiting my Charge to arrive in the mail. I'm planning on using the Gingersnap method to root it (assuming it arrives without the ED2 update). Now, do I need to activate my phone first, before rooting? Or can I root first, then activate?

activate to get past the activation screen and put the phone in debugging

Reactions: Halo

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Dx. You've been insanely helpful with the amount of info you have provided! Donation will be coming your way.

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Very welcome, i do my best. and thank you very much

I'm very familiar with rooting, ROM's etc. with my D1, but I feel like a complete noob switching over to the Samsung side of things, learning ODIN and what not. Can't thank you enough!

gattaka451

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Whew! Just read through every page and now it seems like I'm ready to give this a shot. I just want to make sure I can just use the gingersnap and don't need to worry about the DSChargeroot file that has the bad link. I don't know how you have any free time man, but much appreciated.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Whew! Just read through every page and now it seems like I'm ready to give this a shot. I just want to make sure I can just use the gingersnap and don't need to worry about the DSChargeroot file that has the bad link. I don't know how you have any free time man, but much appreciated.

lol i really dont i worked till like 5:30am last night , slept in my care and was working again at 7am im beat.

that file is if you want to do it manually , but gingersnap will work just fine as long as you are on build ED1

Reactions: gattaka451

tkm20

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I ran Gingersnap and it says "The ginger's soul has been stolen" and also popped up a window saying. The rooting process is complete and your device is now rebooting. You may now exit this utility.

But my phone never rebooted...not sure what I'm doing ha.

fiskars2005

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
got all the way through thinking I was ED1 let gingersnap run then realized im running ED2 oh well looks like its back to the beginning to do it again. Thanks again though!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463