[How-to] Root Droid Charge**5/19/11**[Windows & Mac] Now with GingerSnap!

stinkyqueef

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
[WARN]Gingersnap (along with all other Android modifications) is experimental software and while I have made this as safe as possible, differences in operating environments and natural disasters can cause your device to become unusable. Please make sure you understand this important fact before downloading.

Disclaimer: Neither myself, Android Central or any other member of Android Central are responsible for any disasters that occur as a result of any hack or modification you perform on your device. Your use of this application is at your own risk![/WARN]

With that out of the way, I'd like to introduce you to the Gingersnap Root Utility. Gingersnap is a one-click root utility, much like SuperOneClick or Universal Androot.

The nitty gritty: Gingersnap uses a modified version of the famous GingerBreak exploit to automatically root your Android-powered device and installs the necessary files to maintain a permanent root status.

Pre-use Requirements:
1) You need the .NET 4 Framework. Not the Client Profile, the full .NET 4 Framework.
2) For some reason you need the Visual C++ 2008 redistributable installed. Don't ask me why.
3) You need proper drivers for the your phone. Your video card doesn't work without drivers and neither will your phone.
4) Before running this Utility please make sure your phone is in debugging mode

Instructions:
  • Download and unzip Gingersnap-V1.2.zip to anyplace on your computer
  • Connect your phone to computer in debugging mode
  • Open Gingersnap-V1.2 folder
  • Double click Gingersnap applications icon
    gingersnap.png
  • press GO , sit back and relax
Credits:
Gingersnap Utility: drewwalton19216801
GingerBreak exploit: C-Skills (Sebastian)
Autoroot shell script (com.sh): Droidxcon, YAY ME!
MAJOR thanks to jondevere for being drewwalton19216801's personal guinea pig!

Think you're ready? The file is attached to this post.

Source Code:
The modified GingerBreak source code is attached to this post. The filename is gingerbreak-mod-gs-src.zip

wonderful!

rjcormier

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
*Edited....ok, I read some reviews and I think its just a quirk, I have the right app.

Yay!!I just did the gingersnap in no time at all and this is my first android root! Thank you!! **Now, I bought Superuser Elite and AVG says it is a virus... is this not the right app?**

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
*Edited....ok, I read some reviews and I think its just a quirk, I have the right app.

Yay!!I just did the gingersnap in no time at all and this is my first android root! Thank you!! **Now, I bought Superuser Elite and AVG says it is a virus... is this not the right app?**

yeah AVG is the wrong app get rid of it and any other virus protection you have for the phone its not at all useful, best way to protect your phone is to not go randomly downloading unknown apps from the internet

brackett5

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I have samsung drivers from When I rrooted my facinate. Do i need to download them again for charge???Are they differen??t

Last edited:

rjcormier

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
yeah AVG is the wrong app get rid of it and any other virus protection you have for the phone its not at all useful, best way to protect your phone is to not go randomly downloading unknown apps from the internet

Thanks for the advice, will get rid of it now.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair