[How-to] Root Droid Charge**5/19/11**[Windows & Mac] Now with GingerSnap!

plong#AC

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Successfully rooted my Charge. Thanks to all your help, DroidXcon. Just a couple of notes to share for Mac users: I needed to add an extra line to my terminal code to get to the ./adb part. I kept having errors with no file or directory found when I input the $ cd tools command. I discovered that it was because the Tools folder was nestled into the top folder, and I had to get at it. I highlighted my added code in the picture below.

terminal01.png

Also, I couldn't execute all the commands at the end of the post. I got to the first exit and everything rebooted and I had root. picture below.

terminal02.png

Once again, thanks for the help!

Last edited:

hov

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for this noobish question, but I'm really new to the Android scene.

Do these rooting methods work for a phone on stock ED2?

Edit: Another noobish question, do I have to be rooted to do that voodoo lagfix stuff?

Last edited:

wortmanwebs

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Gingersnap is not recognized as any file type so there is no program to execute with ..is this all fake or what. there also is not file available entitles gingersnap v1.2. please respond quickly and in kind

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Gingersnap is not recognized as any file type so there is no program to execute with ..is this all fake or what. there also is not file available entitles gingersnap v1.2. please respond quickly and in kind

did you download the source file or the installer? there is 2 downloads there the actually installing application and the other is for people who want to see the code used to construct.

Do you see the time i put into writing these things and all the previous responses? why would i spend my time posting fake information?

Taylor21

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Can someone PLEASE

Can someone please post a step by step video of how to ROOT your droid charge using Gingersnap or any other method for ROOTING droid Charge.

Im running:

Firmware Version: 2.2.1
ED2

Let me know if you need any other information, the reason Im scared to root my phone is, the directions look a little complicated. But if someone were to make a quick guide I could follow it.

THANKS SO MUCH

:'(
please someone post 1

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Can someone please post a step by step video of how to ROOT your droid charge using Gingersnap or any other method for ROOTING droid Charge.

Im running:

Firmware Version: 2.2.1
ED2

Let me know if you need any other information, the reason Im scared to root my phone is, the directions look a little complicated. But if someone were to make a quick guide I could follow it.

THANKS SO MUCH

:'(
please someone post 1

you can not root using gingersnap on ED2 or anyother of the old style of rooting methods. you need to install a custom kernel or a custom rom including a kernel

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Check out DroidXcon's Altered Beast ROM I'm sure he will be updating it shortly to include the new EE4 files and his ROM includes CWM and the Voodoo Lagfix Kernel so you will be rooted.

Taylor21

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes, acutally its baseband ED1 and build # is ED2 ...(i have NO idea what that means. If you want the full list of specs I will give it to you.

but yea a video on STEP by STEP guide would be winner winner....chicken dinnerrrrr

thanks for reading!

regg25

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I tried options 1 & 2 but got stuck at this point, "[*] vold: 0087 GOT start: 0x000153b4 GOT end: 0x000153f4" for 20 minutes before I killed it.

Any suggestions?

***School boy error. I'm on EE4 which means this won't work for me. I'm new to this, any way to Root on this version?***

Last edited:

muzhik

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
use this - link

then update to EE4 (if ED2 update doesn't show up b4 EE4 does, that's OK)

then install this - you will have root - link

then install this - link

steps can be found in each post, also it helps to clear cache after downgrade to ED1 before you install EE4 update (before boot, cause after downgrade to ED1, your phone will boot in to CWM)

proof that EE4 works with AB 4.1.1 - post

Last edited: