So i know this will be a feature "well" in the future but any dev who is wiling to give it a shot would be greatly appreciated... With the amazing AMOLED screen the % of back light needed is minimal in many circumstances, and I can read it a little dimer than "Blast mode" even in full light.. the Xperia Arc has a feature that even when on "auto dim" the device can have a min. brightness enabled so the device will never go below that %. If this could be done with a Max and Min i think it would be great on batt life and give a little more user control...
    05-19-2011 01:49 AM
    So i know this will be a feature "well" in the future but any dev who is wiling to give it a shot would be greatly appreciated... With the amazing AMOLED screen the % of back light needed is minimal in many circumstances, and I can read it a little dimer than "Blast mode" even in full light.. the Xperia Arc has a feature that even when on "auto dim" the device can have a min. brightness enabled so the device will never go below that %. If this could be done with a Max and Min i think it would be great on batt life and give a little more user control...
    sorry i dont understand what you want it to do? you want to go below the % available?

oh and just FYI AMOLED screens do not have a backlight the molecules themselves emit the light. thats how the screens can be uber thin and efficient unfortunatley instead of companys giving us the extra consumption to save, they redirect it to other parts of the phone
    05-19-2011 01:55 AM
    no give a min and max brightness for the "auto" to use as constraints.. for instance I never need it to go 100% and I dont really like the phone going below 10% or so... but between those %'s I would be good with auto brightness...

Ii didn't mean a true back light i meant brightness of the molecules themselves.. Sry
    05-20-2011 05:22 PM
    Speaking of backlight... I wanted a blank black background on my homepage so I went into a dark closet and snapped a picture to use as the wallpaper. It works and looks how I want it to, but surely there must be an easier way? I'm sure you Android gurus out there are falling out of your chairs laughing at me.
    05-20-2011 09:12 PM
    Speaking of backlight... I wanted a blank black background on my homepage so I went into a dark closet and snapped a picture to use as the wallpaper. It works and looks how I want it to, but surely there must be an easier way? I'm sure you Android gurus out there are falling out of your chairs laughing at me.
    go to your windows paint program, make a black picture, put it on your phone and use it as your back ground
    05-20-2011 09:16 PM
    DroidXCon is a MS Paint Wizard... and yes i did have a nice little LOL w/ the closet technique..
    05-21-2011 01:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD