01-11-2012 10:50 PM
1,276 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    is this rfs or ext4
    Depends, as long as you leave voodoo lagfix enabled you are using ext4 but if you disable lagfix in some manner then your using rfs.
    05-30-2011 11:31 AM
    getting in to adb or sdk or odin my knowledge is extremely limited, i want to learn, want to be able to operate in all those envirements. this is my only hobby could you please describe maybe where to get a book or a website or anything that may be able to to build some know how
    Doubt you will find a book on this subject matter. Your best sources will be forums and irc chat (from what I hear, I don't use). What is being done isn't really authorized by the manufacturers.
    05-30-2011 11:33 AM
    getting in to adb or sdk or odin my knowledge is extremely limited, i want to learn, want to be able to operate in all those envirements. this is my only hobby could you please describe maybe where to get a book or a website or anything that may be able to to build some know how
    [INFO]Familiarize yourself with ADB
    [/INFO]

DroidXCon donate link not working could you post alternative
    check again seems to be working, maybe paypal was down
    05-30-2011 12:40 PM
    Depends, as long as you leave voodoo lagfix enabled you are using ext4 but if you disable lagfix in some manner then your using rfs.
    where do we go to check if voodoo lagfix is enabled or not? also is there a option to overclock the cpu?

Thanks
    05-30-2011 12:55 PM
    Where might I go about finding this "option" in the phone so I can turn it off?
    Go to Dialer and enter *#83786633, then press the home key
    Go back into the Dialer, clear those numbers, then *#22745927
    Now a screen will appear asking for the SPC Code, enter 000000
    Press the Hiddenmenu Enable radio button, then press home button

To disable the lock screen (and power down pop up), go back into the Dialer and use the code *#7594#, select Shutdown and press the Home button. This, I have confirmed, does work on the Charge.

There is also the option to disable the full battery pop up, but I'm not sure if it actually works or not (I'll be able to find out later tonight). *#3844228#. It allows you to disable it, but the option never actually worked on my Fascinate, so I don't know if it will work on the Charge.

this worked for me to turn off the unlocked screen as well..

Thanks
    05-30-2011 12:58 PM
    where do we go to check if voodoo lagfix is enabled or not? also is there a option to overclock the cpu?

Thanks
    download a terminal emulator from the market, free version is fine.... then when you open it type mount

then on the fourth or fifth line it will say say ext4 someplace.
    05-30-2011 01:36 PM
    I am thinking about loading this rom and was just wondering of this would help increase my quadrant score?
    05-30-2011 02:11 PM
    I just flashed this rom and all I can say is thank you to DroidXcon. It's incredible. To the person above, my quadrant score went from 933 to 1560 just by flashing to this ROM.
    05-30-2011 02:23 PM
    Just bought my DC today....will try it stock for a few days (yuck I know....)

Do we have a process to return to 100% stock ROM without VZ knowledge for return of phone?
    05-30-2011 04:57 PM
    Just bought my DC today....will try it stock for a few days (yuck I know....)

Do we have a process to return to 100% stock ROM without VZ knowledge for return of phone?
    yeah flash this
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/char...1-05-18-a.html

then unroot it and done
    05-30-2011 05:02 PM
    Donate sent...thank you!
    05-30-2011 06:44 PM
    Gonna give this a shot. The Charge seems to be a great phone with two exceptions: battery life and data reception. I hope this ROM will improve these issues a little!
    05-30-2011 09:22 PM
    I can't wait to try this ROM. Currently I'm on rooted/gingersnapped ED1 ROM.

Have removed some of the bloatware by simply removing the app files. Still can't remove some other bloatware.

Anyway, the part that I really like about my current state is that I have two Exchange email accounts (from two different businesses) working flawlessly. It is syncing everything emails, contacts, and calendars. This is in addition to bunch of other email accounts (gmail, yahoo and others). No touchdown, no other hack, nothing special. It's great.

So I hesitate to do something that will break what is working now.

It is kind of annoying that I have to keep ignoring the ED2 update reminder which pops up once in a while (usually after a reboot). But it shuts off after a few "Install Later" answers.

So bottomline, is there a risk of losing any of my email account setup, while doing this ROM replacement? It will help me decide when to do it. Whether I need to wait for the next weekend or it can be an evening effort?

Thanks a lot for everything you do, DroidXcon and others!!
    05-30-2011 11:56 PM
    I installed Altered Beast, which is great, but I notice that AllShare is missing. Since I have a Samsung TV and a Samsung Bluray player, I found AllShare to be pretty handy for playing music on these devices from my Charge. Others may just consider it bloatware. Is there any way to get it back?
    Thanks for creating this ROM for us!
    05-31-2011 05:19 AM
    [NOTE]OP has been updated to Alpha 4

[INFO]Change log: 5/31
    themed quickpanel
    themed swye
    themed menu and popups
    shutdown animation added
    Please thank gunnermike53 for his hard work in themeing this he spent hours with me (poor guy) working on getting this done. If possible throw him a donation so he can get a charge and make themes for us.

[WARN]If you are already running voodoo this may disable it on boot so listen to her voice, simply scroll to voodoo and select enable lagfix when you reach clockwork for the first time, after you hit enable lagfix you can reboot and it will convert again.[/WARN] [/INFO][/NOTE]
    05-31-2011 06:48 AM
    I'm new to the DC, but not new to Andorid (rocking rooted D1 for yrs).

I just bought the DC yestreday and it's still stock and I have a few reservations about this device and I am wondering how the feel of this device changes with this ROM.

In stock form the task manager indicated 328 totoal memory which we all know is really 512 -system area. Does this ROM allocate additional memory to the user apps?

I also notice some lag on the stock Rom when there are multiple browser windows open (4-5), does this behavior improve on this Rom?

Sorry for the questions, I am trying to decide if I should keep this phone or try out the LG revolution.

I could root and try this Rom, but don't want to risk being not able to get back to stock if I choose not to keep the DC.

Thanks in advance guys.
    05-31-2011 07:59 AM
    WOOT!!!! Can wait to get home and test it out.

Quit note and I'm not sure what could have done it but last night running version 3 I had a reboot happen while scrolling threw TweetDeck. However it is a modified version of Tweetdeck so that could be the issue also. I will let you know if I see it happen again and what I was doing when it did. So far so good tho besides that minor hickup.

One thought/suggestion. I dig the battery icon you have in version 3 except for the color. Any chance you were going to update that so when battery gets low it goes to red instead of red all the time. I know this is Alpha and a work in process which is why I'm asking now before it gets to far down the line in your efforts. Tha tsaid great job so far really liking the build
    05-31-2011 08:09 AM
    Just flashed rom yesterday and phone runs like it should now. Just wanted to know if there is a way to change the battery icon its a red circle right now which makes it look like my battery us always low.
    05-31-2011 08:21 AM
    DroidXcon does it again with another Amazing quality release, this deserves a beer, Thankyou.

Update: Just wanted to point out a quick find of a not so nice looking theme issue, Can you please try going into the browser Hit Menu and Then More and see what that looks like i just wish the text there was white, or something cause it seems a little hard to see, other then That I'm In Love with all this theme'ing work you and gunnermike have done, my phone is better off every time you put an update out.
    05-31-2011 08:28 AM
    DroidXcon does it again with another Amazing quality release, this deserves a beer, Thankyou.

Update: Just wanted to point out a quick find of a not so nice looking theme issue, Can you please try going into the browser Hit Menu and Then More and see what that looks like i just wish the text there was white, or something cause it seems a little hard to see, other then That I'm In Love with all this theme'ing work you and gunnermike have done, my phone is better off every time you put an update out.
    there is still quite a bit more to come I am working on the mms now and will do the dialer after that. at some point I will get to the contacts and browser as well. it's more difficult and taking longer because I don't have a charge to test things on.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    Aixelsyd likes this.
    05-31-2011 09:13 AM
    Can you add A4 version to the mirror site. I can't hit Megaupload at work but can reach the mirror. I believe cwalter9 is hosting it. Thanks and keep up the awesome work!!
    05-31-2011 09:21 AM
    Hey if I installed release 2 of this theme and now want to do release 3 do I lose everything I've installed so far? (all the apps etc that i've downloaded)

I'm guess I do. This isn't an update but rather a full rom.. stupid question of me.. but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks!
    05-31-2011 09:45 AM
    I didn't lose anything at all, put me through the setup crap again but all my widgets/apps/Go Launcher EX/settings etc are still there. Went from 3 to 4.

Wanted to say it looks amazing! Love the notification pull down and swype theme...amazing, thanks!
    05-31-2011 09:51 AM
    Will be trying this fairly soon, I just want to make sure I am clear.

This rom requires working root privledges right? So I would follow this first:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/char...x-updated.html

Then flash this Rom.

Or does this Rom take care of both issues?
    05-31-2011 10:39 AM
    Has anyone else had any issues while on this ROM with the built in free till 16 June hotspot? Whenever I tether I get random verizon side data shutdowns, i remain tethered but the data stops working on the phone browser and on the pc until i reboot the phone entirely.. could be just a verizon issue, but I'm not sure if the modified kernel touches the wifi or LTE radio drivers?
    05-31-2011 10:41 AM
1,276 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD