01-11-2012 10:50 PM
1,276 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    I used the hotspot for the first time last night for a good 20-30mins and it didn't disconnect once. Maybe good luck on my end or bad luck on your end?
    05-31-2011 10:48 AM
    Quick question to DroidXcon or anyone else who knows maybe. I haven't flashed v4 yet as I'm at work. Curious tho do we still need to download and move the APKs to /system/app that are posted in the OP.
    05-31-2011 10:53 AM
    Quick question to DroidXcon or anyone else who knows maybe. I haven't flashed v4 yet as I'm at work. Curious tho do we still need to download and move the APKs to /system/app that are posted in the OP.
    No the issues were fixed with the Calendar, Clock , and VVM apps so you no longer need to push files to /system/app
    Aixelsyd likes this.
    05-31-2011 10:56 AM
    I used the hotspot for the first time last night for a good 20-30mins and it didn't disconnect once. Maybe good luck on my end or bad luck on your end?
    Just be careful about Hotspotting with custom roms and LTE. I know they are testing out new security checks for paid and non-paid hotspot during this trial period.
    05-31-2011 11:05 AM
    Has anyone else had any issues while on this ROM with the built in free till 16 June hotspot? Whenever I tether I get random verizon side data shutdowns, i remain tethered but the data stops working on the phone browser and on the pc until i reboot the phone entirely.. could be just a verizon issue, but I'm not sure if the modified kernel touches the wifi or LTE radio drivers?
    Use barnacle wi-fi tethering. It works extremely well and it's free. I didn't have a single hiccup with it during my one hour of testing it after I rooted my phone
    05-31-2011 11:45 AM
    I don't have LTE where I am, also, I thought hotspot was free for the moment?
    05-31-2011 11:48 AM
    does this rom support any overclocking by chance?

Thanks
    05-31-2011 01:34 PM
    does this rom support any overclocking by chance?

Thanks
    Why would you want to.

And no the stories I have heard that it just causes overheating. Wait for more custom kernels. But I don't see the point

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    05-31-2011 01:51 PM
    First of all, great ROM!!! I updated yesterday and again today and I love it. You mentioned today's update may disable the VooDoo lag fix. It looks like it did disable it.

Issue is, when I go into the VooDoo menu in clockwork and select "enable the fix", the Back button no longer works. Previously, it was the Charge's physical Back button. Now I can't get back to the main menu to Reboot while in clockwork.

Any ideas? Sorry for being such a noob...lol
    05-31-2011 01:57 PM
    First of all, great ROM!!! I updated yesterday and again today and I love it. You mentioned today's update may disable the VooDoo lag fix. It looks like it did disable it.

Issue is, when I go into the VooDoo menu in clockwork and select "enable the fix", the Back button no longer works. Previously, it was the Charge's physical Back button. Now I can't get back to the main menu to Reboot while in clockwork.

Any ideas? Sorry for being such a noob...lol
    If you know how to use adb then adb reboot is the command. Otherwise just battery pull

glad you enjoy it. Thank gunnermike also , he worked hard to theme it
    05-31-2011 02:04 PM
    Pulled the battery. Booted.

Went back in to Clockwork.

Confirmed VooDoo lag fix enabled. Pulled battery again.

Booted and good to go. Thanks again DroidXcon.
    05-31-2011 02:12 PM
    Why would you want to.

And no the stories I have heard that it just causes overheating. Wait for more custom kernels. But I don't see the point

good point it is working as smooth as glass thanks again!

Don
    05-31-2011 03:11 PM
    Theme is awesome, but is there any way to get the old swype? Lloyd is making it a little hard to swype.

Also, can I get the verizon 4g icon on the top bar back? It switches from verizon (lte) to gingerbread when 4g is in use and the verizon one looks so nice

05-31-2011 03:13 PM
    Guys,

Do I have to already have root to flash this, or will this take care of all 3 items (rooting, EXT4 conversion, and ROM install)?
    05-31-2011 03:28 PM
    Guys,

Do I have to already have root to flash this, or will this take care of all 3 items (rooting, EXT4 conversion, and ROM install)?
    takes care of everything....

@mylasthope
    Yeah ill post the old swype later, what if we soften lloyd a little will that help.....and yeah we can get stock 4G back I agree it looked good

05-31-2011 03:33 PM

@mylasthope
    Yeah ill post the old swype later, what if we soften lloyd a little will that help.....and yeah we can get stock 4G back I agree it looked good

Thank you! I will try this very soon!
    05-31-2011 03:39 PM

@mylasthope

Haha. You rock. You always know how to put a smile on my face. I think if lloyd were softened, then it would be fine.

05-31-2011 03:39 PM
    If running alerted beast V3 currently must use odin to install V4 or can I use CWM and just install from SD card
    05-31-2011 03:40 PM
    If running alerted beast V3 currently must use odin to install V4 or can I use CWM and just install from SD card
    For now odin next build will be flashable

05-31-2011 03:45 PM
    we are planning to have a cwm zip out soon. however we are waiting until i finish my cwm tutorial first. i hope to have the tutorial out tomorrow along with a how to voodoo thread as well. we are all working as fast as we can, but i have several themes i have to keep up with on the fascinate, and a family to take care of. on top of that i dont own a fascinate, so all these things tend to slow production down. i plan at some point to port all my themes and do custome swype keyboards.

hang in there, we're working on it.
    05-31-2011 03:49 PM
    For now odin next build will be flashable

lol, beat me to it.
    05-31-2011 03:49 PM
    we are planning to have a cwm zip out soon. however we are waiting until i finish my cwm tutorial first. i hope to have the tutorial out tomorrow along with a how to voodoo thread as well. we are all working as fast as we can, but i have several themes i have to keep up with on the fascinate, and a family to take care of. on top of that i dont own a fascinate, so all these things tend to slow production down. i plan at some point to port all my themes and do custome swype keyboards.

hang in there, we're working on it.
    Sounds great. Is CWM safe on our phones? i remember reading a thread on xda about people bricking their phones by trying to restore their phones through CWM.
    05-31-2011 03:54 PM
    Sounds great. Is CWM safe on our phones? i remember reading a thread on xda about people bricking their phones by trying to restore their phones through CWM.
    well, "safe" is relative. as long as you dont screw up, then yes. lol. but, thats why im working on that tutorial.
    05-31-2011 04:09 PM
    Currently, yes, nandroids are not working with our present cwm.
    05-31-2011 04:19 PM
    Got my Charge early and flashed this first thing - it is so super smooth compared to stock! It is pretty manly theming for my girlie tastes, but still much better than it was stock. Can not wait for the pink theme!!!!!
    05-31-2011 05:49 PM
1,276 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD