01-11-2012 11:50 PM
1,276 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    I'm running Barnacle right now on my Charge (I'm on my laptop right now) I just have a stock ED1 rooted Charge at the moment. Works fine for me.
    06-03-2011 08:01 PM
    Sorry it took so long to respond. All this started when I tried to return to stock, and got stuck in boot loops. So I reflashed this... which worked, but i lost all data though. Got SMS working just couldnt access old threads. Still overheats when it shouldn't be. Downloading one app or playing one game will bring me to 115F. Hell I don't know what's going on. Pm will give you my phone#, if you want.
    06-03-2011 08:20 PM
    Sorry it took so long to respond. All this started when I tried to return to stock, and got stuck in boot loops. So I reflashed this... which worked, but i lost all data though. Got SMS working just couldnt access old threads. Still overheats when it shouldn't be. Downloading one app or playing one game will bring me to 115F. Hell I don't know what's going on. Pm will give you my phone#, if you want.
    Remember this phrase and keep it close to your heart.... Non-Voodoo over Voodoo = DooDoo

boot into recovery scroll down to voodoo menu, inside the voodoo menu it most likely says disabled, select enable lagfix then reboot
    06-03-2011 08:59 PM
    I installed the ROM, but when I go to email,Menu, More, I can not read the text, I am attaching the screen shot, on computer screen it looks a bit readable, but not on the phone. Any solution? Also where can I download themes and skins.
    06-03-2011 09:33 PM
    i did, will get back to you, did you get the donate link fixed? am thinking i would like to make decent donation to have some specific things customize.... what do you think about that?
    06-03-2011 09:39 PM
    ommmgggg. droidxcon.... I just restarted the phone for the first time since putting a4 on it..... if you can make it do what it does when you just turn the screen off that'd be hot!!! my friends thunder bolt does that when his screen goes off. its sick!
    06-03-2011 10:13 PM
    i did, will get back to you, did you get the donate link fixed? am thinking i would like to make decent donation to have some specific things customize.... what do you think about that?
    i really appreciate it but as far as themeing im involved in the creative process but gunnermike is the one doing all the the work so i think you should donate to him so he can get a charge and start themeing more consistantly for us all.

and as far as requests make them and we will let you know if they are possible or not
    06-03-2011 10:15 PM
    i really appreciate it but as far as themeing im involved in the creative process but gunnermike is the one doing all the the work so i think you should donate to him so he can get a charge and start themeing more consistantly for us all.

and as far as requests make them and we will let you know if they are possible or not
    think my request is something that can be done?
    06-03-2011 10:40 PM
    Wow, I just installed this without a hitch tonight and I feel like I have a new phone!!!!

It was laggy before, but that's completely gone now, thank you so much!!!!
    06-04-2011 01:21 AM
    Hello, I downloaded the Altered Beast Alpha V4 for my Droid Charge and it is a sweet rom. I want to know if there is a way to get back the puzzle and glass screen lock sliders that came with the stock rom? is there files i can take from the stock rom and add it to the altered beast rom?
    06-04-2011 01:35 AM
    Hello, I downloaded the Altered Beast Alpha V4 for my Droid Charge and it is a sweet rom. I want to know if there is a way to get back the puzzle and glass screen lock sliders that came with the stock rom? is there files i can take from the stock rom and add it to the altered beast rom?
    Moving - next stop, Altered Beast thread
    06-04-2011 02:05 AM
    I'm Sorry i posted my messages in the wrong place. Please don't be upset.
    06-04-2011 02:15 AM
    I'm Sorry i posted my messages in the wrong place. Please don't be upset.
    its not that it was in the wrong place is that you opened 2 other threads ..... as far as the lock screen as dev comes along there will be more options and patches, the rom is in Alpha still
    tdenton1138 likes this.
    06-04-2011 02:21 AM
    I have two Exchange (email) accounts on my Droid Charge rooted with DroidX's ED1/Gingersnap. It syncs Email, Calendar and Contacts.

1. Does Altered Beast V4 support the above?

2. After getting root, in a hurry to debloat, I removed a bunch of apk files. Later I read that instead of removing, I should have frozen them. Anyway, I can get back those apk files and then freeze them?

Thanks a lot for your help!
    06-04-2011 10:19 AM
    Sorry, I have more question: with my current ED1/rooted phone, the USB interface on my Honda Pilot does not recognize my phone's SD card. I have turned off USB debugging and tried both settings (USB or Media Player) with no success.

Obviously I can't install a USB driver on my Honda Pilot music system. So is there something I can do on my Droid Charge that will allow the SD card to be seen by the car music system?
    06-04-2011 10:34 AM
    This may way out in left field, but is it possible to delay the amount time it takes to engage the power button airplane/power off menu?
    06-04-2011 11:33 AM
    Been following along here and XDA and just wanted to give a big thank you to everyone working on the Charge. Coming from an OG D1 @1.1ghz CM 7 nightlies, its really nice to see the development progress in real time. I was not really planning on trying this ROM until you declared a beta state, but I somehow got my ED2 Voodoo to hang on the boot animation (I froze a bunch of stuff (from the list on XDA including TWLauncher, but I've been using LauncherPro default, so I'm not sure what happened). Anyway, since I had to re-odin a whole differrent ROM (couldn't get cwm to come up at all), figured I might as well try this one first and its really, really nice. Thanks again!
    06-04-2011 12:33 PM
    Is there no 3G/4G notifications in the task bar with this ROM?

EDIT: I had wifi on so the 3g/4g was not showing lol
    06-04-2011 03:19 PM
    how do I know if I am in 3g or 4g with this rom? There is no notification in the task bar?

thanks
    06-04-2011 03:36 PM
    nevermind, I had wifi on.........what a nit wit I am sometimes lol
    06-04-2011 03:58 PM
    Wow, awesome. And wicked easy. Just donated. And I will donate more if I can figure out how to get the Mobile Hotspot to work. I click on the button and it just closes the program... Maybe because it's Verizon's program? I saw this: android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

Is that what I need to download and start using in order to create my own wifi hotspot that bypasses the Verizon settings?
    I just tried out this tethering program (wireless_tether_2_0_8-pre1.apk) and it worked great. When I turned it off though, my Charge rebooted. No big deal, maybe its supposed to...?

Also a request. I know this is alpha, but I'd love to see the gingerbread screen shutdown animation. Not being a dev, I have no idea how hard that would be... probably fairly, but the old school crt animation makes me smile every time I see it
    06-04-2011 04:22 PM
    I just tried out this tethering program (wireless_tether_2_0_8-pre1.apk) and it worked great. When I turned it off though, my Charge rebooted. No big deal, maybe its supposed to...?

Also a request. I know this is alpha, but I'd love to see the gingerbread screen shutdown animation. Not being a dev, I have no idea how hard that would be... probably fairly, but the old school crt animation makes me smile every time I see it
    do you have a video or can you tell me what the gingerbread shut down looks like
    06-04-2011 05:04 PM
    DroidXcon-did you see my request????
    06-04-2011 05:31 PM
    plaese please please post on getting the puzzle lock back, it was so refreshing for the aosp og one
    06-04-2011 08:53 PM

This worked great for me (barnacle didn't). Have you tried version 3? maybe they fixed the shutdown issue with that.

wifi_tether_v3_0-pre14.apk - android-wifi-tether - WiFi Tether for Root Users 3.0-pre14 *** EXPERIMENTAL *** - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting
    06-04-2011 10:25 PM
1,276 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD