[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

anon(344812)

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Just a very quick question coming from someone completely new to Android phones. When installing a custom ROM (such as Altered Beast V4), what procedures would one take when installing an update (V5) or possibly even a completely different custom ROM altogether? Does it necessitate a complete reformat/reset of the phone (before/after installing), or it it as simple as overwriting certain files?

jasper1605

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I uninstalled droid essentials and charged my phone last night but the phone still gave me the annoying battery full notification. I double checked the hidden menus thing and that is correctly set. Anyone have a suggestion?

tsitalon1

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok, just gonna throw this out there again :)

Functional changes I would love to see in V5:

1. Lower minimum brightness (screen is WAY too bright even on lowest settings) - this will save battery.
2. Volume button track skipping - Hold to skip tracks, press to change volume.

Pretty pretty please :)

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, just gonna throw this out there again :)

Functional changes I would love to see in V5:

1. Lower minimum brightness (screen is WAY too bright even on lowest settings) - this will save battery.
2. Volume button track skipping - Hold to skip tracks, press to change volume.

Pretty pretty please :)

what are asking is not as easy as you think. the first request is not an option. messing with the minium brightness is how phones get permanantly bricked.

the second, i can look into. it wont be in v5, period. i cant test what im doing, so it will be a while. but i will keep it in mind.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
DroidX,

I'm loving the icon pack for LP in the video, which Icon pack/theme is that?

Its personal icons I made from random png pictures I found on the net...i may switch to go launcher which will allow me to include the icons in the rom. Launcher pro will not let me distribute their launcher modified (i don't know why )..try an app called privacy filter, it will overlay a black transparency on the screen lowering the brightness.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

tsitalon1

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
what are asking is not as easy as you think. the first request is not an option. messing with the minium brightness is how phones get permanantly bricked.

the second, i can look into. it wont be in v5, period. i cant test what im doing, so it will be a while. but i will keep it in mind.

Understand Mike. Sorry, I didn't know how difficult it would be, these features have been on my D1 for awhile now so I figured it would be easy. I apologize.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
What are the odds of getting A5 today:)

Yeah sorry I spoiled you guys with adding stuff every other day lol.

between tuesday and wednesday I didn't even go home to sleep from work. I slept maybe 2 hours in my car so I have not had time to work on it or collaborate with any one formally. Maybe over the weekend or monday ill have something

Nash Latkje

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Installed Altered Beast yesterday before work. Incredibly pleased with the boost in performance.
I'll be sending a donation as soon as I see my paycheck this weekend~

On a different note. I'm still incredibly new to this whole installing a different kernel on a droid phone. After using Odin to set it up, the phone is already rooted correct?
Also I've reading around where can I read up on the benefits of Launcher Pro?
::Edit::
Is there a benefit to paying for it? ((Launcher not AB..))

Last edited:

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Understand Mike. Sorry, I didn't know how difficult it would be, these features have been on my D1 for awhile now so I figured it would be easy. I apologize.

hey no need to apologize.

im a themer, not a developer. i am learing, so i hope to be able to provide you guys with all kinds of neat stuff. but it will take some time. not only do i have to learn how to develope stuff, i have to do it for a phone i cant test. hang in there. im working on it.

cjmac97

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Partial wake usage?

I'm running Altered Beast V4 and love it. Already donated and will keep doing so as the versions continue to roll out. Had a question. On my Charge, using Spare Parts under Battery History, I'm seeing the delta between "Running" and "Screen On" consistently between 15-16 percentage points. For example, currently my phone is showing Screen On of 10% and Running of 26%. Obviously something is keeping the phone's processor active and nothing is showing up as particlularly draining under "Partial Wake Usage". See the pictures below. This is a concern, as on my previous Android phones, particularly the Samsung Epic, the delta between Running and Screen On was only 4-6 percentage points. I'm still not satisfied with the battery life, despite it being miles ahead of my Thunderbolt, so I'd like to get to the bottom of this. Any help? Thanks!

PS...I'm in New York City, a very solid LTE coverage zone.

Last edited:

prescottp

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow, awesome. And wicked easy. Just donated. And I will donate more if I can figure out how to get the Mobile Hotspot to work. I click on the button and it just closes the program... Maybe because it's Verizon's program? I saw this: android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

Is that what I need to download and start using in order to create my own wifi hotspot that bypasses the Verizon settings?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Wow, awesome. And wicked easy. Just donated. And I will donate more if I can figure out how to get the Mobile Hotspot to work. I click on the button and it just closes the program... Maybe because it's Verizon's program? I saw this: android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

Is that what I need to download and start using in order to create my own wifi hotspot that bypasses the Verizon settings?

There is actually a nation wide hot spot outage.

Thank you btw

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm