01-11-2012 10:50 PM
1,276 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    I also think my battery life is worse, I was getting 12-20 hours with the stock battery when I got the phone with my usage, I bought the extended battery the same day I loaded AB and I get around 12-14 hours with the ext battery

I had 1 day it was really good (3rd day with ext battery) then all the others have not been great. I can get through the day ok.

Today I sent a couple text and emails a 1 14 min phone call and I am down 14% already in just over 2 hours
    06-07-2011 10:02 AM
    Took my phone off charge at 7am this morning, it's now 11am. I have texted about 3-4 times, checked emails a couple times today. Changed the Go Launcher theme once and unlocked it numerous times to check the time. I'm at 96% battery......my display is set at 50%....

I'd be checking what apps are running IMO, I've been using V4 since the minute it came out and my battery is like this every day. No task killer used, only time my battery is drained is when I have Winamp running, from full to dead in about an hour and a half if I leave it running.

06-07-2011 11:07 AM
    ya something is going on with mine then, I dont see anything running and even start the stock task killer and it shows that nothing is running.

one thing I didn't do is clear cache or wipe device when I installed AB. All my settings were there and I didnt have to restore/reload anything, would that make a difference?
    06-07-2011 11:37 AM
    Can those of you having battery problems check that your voodoo is enabled as mentioned in the OP
    directions to do so can be found here
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/961995-post6.html
    06-07-2011 12:42 PM
    Today I noticed significantly higher battery usage. I checked android system info and found that there were two instances of android.process.acore chewing up 100% CPU. However, the "battery use" utility didn't reflect this. Screenshots below...

I think this is caused from Launcher Pro, but I'm no developer. Hope this helps.
    Attachment 10378

Attachment 10379
    06-07-2011 12:51 PM
    I'm having no issues with AB4 (except the CF menu's) My battery life seems to be on par with my wifes phone maybe slightly better. On wifi I can use it pretty heavily and It will go from 7AM untill I go to bed. On the 3g/4g That is when the battery life gets sucked down. If you guys are driving and you don't care about getting any email notifications shut off the data switch and your phone will last even longer, just dont forget to enable it when your done driving.

RS
    06-07-2011 12:51 PM
    Any word on 3g hotspo t? It Wontt load
    06-07-2011 12:54 PM
    Any word on 3g hotspo t? It Wontt load
    That's a Verizon issue. They didn't update the app to extend the free wireless hotspot promotion to June 15th. You can fix it yourself by changing the date of your phone back a month. Apparently there is an update coming June 9th to fix this problem.
    06-07-2011 01:03 PM
    Hey DroidX, Is there anyway you can post the background image?

I started with AB2 so it never got loaded onto my phone but I wants it =P
    06-07-2011 01:20 PM
    That's a Verizon issue. They didn't update the app to extend the free wireless hotspot promotion to June 15th. You can fix it yourself by changing the date of your phone back a month. Apparently there is an update coming June 9th to fix this problem.
    I know a bunch of us have been using this package in the meantime. Personally I think it's a great app.

Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

I'm using wireless_tether_2_0_8-pre1.apk but if anyone tries wifi_tether_v3_0-pre14.apk I'd be interested in the results.
    06-07-2011 01:23 PM
    Can those of you having battery problems check that your voodoo is enabled as mentioned in the OP
    directions to do so can be found here
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/961995-post6.html
    I checked and have it enabled and also got a benchmark of 1101

in 51 mins of the phone being off the charger I dropped 4% in battery life, the only thing I did was check the time 2 times, I didnt even unlock the screen, just pushed the button to lite the screen and then pushed it again to shut it off

I also know there are things I can do to extend my battery life but I shouldnt have to. I run all my phones pretty much the same, same apps and similar usage. I know some ROMs dont work as well with some phones or even how the phones are setup!

When I had my droid X one ROM would chew through battery while another would last 2 days, both were great ROMs but one fit my phone/usage better.

Don't get me wrong, besides some of the menus being hard to see I love this ROM and will look for a way to get it to work or wait until another update comes out and try that. I am not even sure if there are other ROMs to try out at this point as I am pretty green with the charge
    06-07-2011 01:27 PM
    FWIW, I've been running AB v4 since it came out and if anything, I get better battery life than my wife's Charge which is ED2 rooted only. I don't use it too heavily, but nonetheless, her phone certainly gets no better life than mine on a day to day basis. Could it be a bad battery perhaps causing these issues?

Been off charger for almost 6 hours today. Made a few calls (10 minutes total perhaps), several texts (20ish), may have used XDA app a time or two. Battery at 73%. No 4G here, only 3G...
    06-07-2011 01:43 PM
    For anyone having theses battery drains turn of LTE for the day and see what you get. You will be surprised on how often the device is switching back and forth even when the screen is off and you'll never notice it. That said when the devices seek the other network it is sucking battery like no tomorrow. And if you get stuck in a 3g area with no LTE it will continue to seek until it finds it. I ran into this myself. After getting the device on a Fri and having it over the wkend at home that pegs LTE I came to work and was like WTF is up with this. Anywhoo left the screen on and saw it trying to seek LTE but it wasn't good enough to hold so it would go back to 3G. Now today I have it on 3g only while at work and battery life is much much better. Jus ta thought to test out for you folsk having issue as LTE is not everywhere
    06-07-2011 02:31 PM
    I understand turning LTE off will save battery but I was getting good life and better with the stock battery and when I changed to AB and the ext battery my battery life got worse. I got 20 hours on the stock battery with LTE on and now I get 12-14 with the extended at best. Something is not adding up.

I am going to put the stock battery back in and see if I have a bad battery (I hope that is it)
    06-07-2011 03:29 PM
    Just loaded the ROM, everything seems good so far. I'll report back if I have any battery issues.
    06-07-2011 03:31 PM
    I understand turning LTE off will save battery but I was getting good life and better with the stock battery and when I changed to AB and the ext battery my battery life got worse. I got 20 hours on the stock battery with LTE on and now I get 12-14 with the extended at best. Something is not adding up.

I am going to put the stock battery back in and see if I have a bad battery (I hope that is it)
    Then something is seriously wrong on your end I'd say. There is no way the ext battery should last less then the stock battery no matter what ROM you are running. And how you were able to get 20hrs on the stock battery is beyond me. I could only wish to get that good. I kept my device when I got it on the stock ROM for a couple of days and best was about 13 hr. Then when to ED2 debloated with root to finally get AB installed.

However one thing to keep in mind is new battery are not the best to begin with. Normally takes a week or so before they get conditioned right for maximum use.
    06-07-2011 03:51 PM
    I'm having the same battery issues... Was getting GREAT battery until I switched to this mod. I love this ROM, and have donated because of it, but I really don't understand where my battery is going. I even turned off the radio when I didn't need to use the LTE network here in DC, and it still is sucking battery power behind the scenes... If I am running a few widgets on my launcher, will that contribute to a significant drop in battery life? It would seem logical to temporarily disable these processes when the phone isn't turned on... Has this not been programmed? Perhaps I should remove all the widgets and try again. I would still appreciate knowing how to install the other .APK files to get the calendar. A few posts mentioned the Root Explorer. Does anyone have an *****-proof link to using this in order to get the Google Calendar synchronization jump started? Thanks!
    06-07-2011 04:35 PM
    I'm having the same battery issues... Was getting GREAT battery until I switched to this mod. I love this ROM, and have donated because of it, but I really don't understand where my battery is going. I even turned off the radio when I didn't need to use the LTE network here in DC, and it still is sucking battery power behind the scenes... If I am running a few widgets on my launcher, will that contribute to a significant drop in battery life? It would seem logical to temporarily disable these processes when the phone isn't turned on... Has this not been programmed? Perhaps I should remove all the widgets and try again. I would still appreciate knowing how to install the other .APK files to get the calendar. A few posts mentioned the Root Explorer. Does anyone have an *****-proof link to using this in order to get the Google Calendar synchronization jump started? Thanks!
    what version of the rom are you running, the newest ones have the calendar fixed (or should be)

2nd LTE is not the only thing that scans on your phone, 4g/3g/1x all scann searching for data signal when one is not present. even in a solid area it scans ever notice the send and recieve arrorws come and go . Cell signal also scans otherwise the bar would just stay solid. signal is being bounced back and forth..

widgets also contribute to drain as they are constantly polling for new data whether it be weather/news/facebook updates all of these functions are constantly looking for new data.

prescottp, im not just speaking to you here so dont take any of this personal please.

This rom is alpha for a reason i have not done any major modifications if anything i have taken away things that cause drain. and the modifications i did make where not application or functionality ones.

Perhaps the kernel is at fault but for those of you who went from alpha 3 to alpha 4 this shows it isnt that either since you are using the same kernel same mods same everything except for images/pictures the battery doesnt care what image you use.

If battery is an issue now then wait till we get this rom into beta when i actually do make system modifications,
    anyway for now basically all i have done was paint the car and people are telling me that you are getting lower gas mileage from the car because of the paint im at a lose.

sorry if im being not as patient as i usually am but nothing has changed and people are PM'ing me as if im the devil incarnate.
    06-07-2011 05:24 PM
    I don't understand why everyone keeps saying it's the ROM??? Same ROM, same phone, no tweaks to the ROM. Emailed, checked emails, texted a lot, even two phone calls today and this is where my battery is at.

I do NOT have LGE on though, since there's no 4G around here anyways. I have a lot of apps on my phone too. I just don't see it being a ROM issue.
    06-07-2011 05:26 PM
    I have been getting similar results to cow girl. As far as performance goes. I value real world use and I love the speed of AB4 and the charge. If your a quadrant guy not to shabby either

943 Factory phone Rooted and debloated

1580 + ab4

06-07-2011 06:01 PM
    I'm with swimmer and cow_girl here. No battery drainage here.

One thing I've noticed was my battery WAS draining after a reflash and it got very very hot. Opened the case up and the battery fell right out. Was a bit of a duh moment. Make sure your battery is in properly and tightly.
    06-07-2011 07:25 PM
    I hate my computer.......I just had a long post typed out and I some how deleted it before hitting enter

anyway.....

I only got 20 hours 1 time so please dont think I meant everyday, it was a day or to before. I was getting 10-14 hours average on the stock battery, this battery is under a week old also

Dont get me wrong this ROM is great and the problem could be on my end, I just think I should be getting better battery life then I am. 12-14 hours with the extended battery is only a couple hours more then with the stocker in.

I do know there was a ROM I put on my DX that I loved but no matter what I did I could not get good battery life so I had to switch. Might have been my phone/setup on my phone that conflicted with the ROM somehow. All phones act different even with the same ROM

Also when I installed this ROM (V4 is my first ROM on this phone) it did not wipe my phone like other ROMs have, not sure if that is normal but I am in the middle of doing a factory reset to see if that helps fix my problem. I am in the middle of restoring all my apps now.

Also my quadrant score is only 1100, not sure if there is an issue there?
    06-07-2011 08:17 PM
    [NOTE]
    Patch added to OP to be flashed via clockwork, please look at gunner mikes CWM thread for directions on how to do so if you do not already know http://forum.androidcentral.com/char...-5-2011-a.html
    [/NOTE]
    06-07-2011 09:15 PM
    Just Flashed it. Let you know if anything CRAZY happens. Like my battery explodes or something
    06-07-2011 09:56 PM
    Just Flashed it. Let you know if anything CRAZY happens. Like my battery explodes or something
    It's been about half an hour. I think it's safe to say his battery blew up and he is now deceased.

Downloading it anyways.
    06-07-2011 10:30 PM
1,276 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD