01-11-2012 11:50 PM
1,276 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    Awesome. I'm loving having the sick 4g lte symbol back! Thanks!!!

Noticed that everything other than contacts was themed.

Cheers and thanks again for the awesome rom.
    06-07-2011 11:47 PM
    Awesome. I'm loving having the sick 4g lte symbol back! Thanks!!!

Noticed that everything other than contacts was themed.

Cheers and thanks again for the awesome rom.
    ill have a patch for the contacts up soon
    06-07-2011 11:50 PM
    ill have a patch for the contacts up soon
    You rock.
    06-07-2011 11:52 PM
    Miss the old icons and deeper black notification bar, ahem
    06-07-2011 11:55 PM
    I'm currently running a voodoo kernal but otherwise just rooted ed stock. Can I just flash the patch via CWM or do I need to use Odin? Thanks in advance, keep up the awesome work!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    06-07-2011 11:56 PM
    I'm currently running a voodoo kernal but otherwise just rooted ed stock. Can I just flash the patch via CWM or do I need to use Odin? Thanks in advance, keep up the awesome work!

need to flash the rom with odin, then use the patch
    06-07-2011 11:57 PM
    Cool. I appreciate all you do to make the Charge an amazing phone!

06-07-2011 11:58 PM
    Is it just me or is pandora a little funky in the notification drop down?

06-08-2011 12:04 AM
    Nice update. Love the new theme updates.

Also, the battery icon uses the default charging icon when it's plugged in.
    06-08-2011 12:08 AM
    4.1.1 Patch applied. Thanks for the continued hard work!
    06-08-2011 01:31 AM
    I'm trying to transfer the patch file to my sdcard using WinSCP, but I get this error:

General failure (server should provide error description).
    Error code: 4
    Error message from server: Failure
    Request code: 3

I'm using SSHDroidPro on my Charge to connect. What am I doing wrong?
    06-08-2011 02:30 AM
    I'm trying to transfer the patch file to my sdcard using WinSCP, but I get this error:

General failure (server should provide error description).
    Error code: 4
    Error message from server: Failure
    Request code: 3

I'm using SSHDroidPro on my Charge to connect. What am I doing wrong?
    use a usb cable
    06-08-2011 05:27 AM
    Stayed up late last night so I could get my Charge back to stock and make sure it was clean. I loaded AB here along with the patch 4.1.1 and its a great ROM. I know there is some theming still to go but really its a super slick ROM.

I have one suggestion is it possible to have the latest Gmail and Google Maps put into the System folder instead of d/l them and wasting what little internal app storage. I noticed after install I went from 1.12GB to 1.04GB (rfs to ext4 conversion eats up a little of that).
    06-08-2011 08:27 AM
    I know I have read a couple people having a battery drain with altered beast and would like to ask a couple questions

what version are you on?
    did you do a factory reset after loading the rom?
    did it just install over your current rom?

I installed AB over my rooted rom and was not getting great battery life for what I was doing. So I did a factory reset from cwm and reloaded everything exactly how it was before I restored and it seemed to cure what ever my problem was.

When I first installed AB it did not wipe my phone, everything was there like before the rom was on it, ringtones, settings everything. I would wantch my phone drop 3% sometimes just checking an email, even with the screen off not using the phone it would chew through 5% an hour.

Now after restoring my phone last night it has been almost 9 hours since I took it off the charger and I have only used 8%

I was also getting a low quadrant score, 1101 before and 1500+ after the restore

if you are having battery issues you might want to try restoring the phone
    06-08-2011 09:39 AM

i think part of the problem is you are listening to usher.

i will have to theme pandora to fix that. i will add that to the to do list.
    06-08-2011 10:21 AM
    Stayed up late last night so I could get my Charge back to stock and make sure it was clean. I loaded AB here along with the patch 4.1.1 and its a great ROM. I know there is some theming still to go but really its a super slick ROM.

I have one suggestion is it possible to have the latest Gmail and Google Maps put into the System folder instead of d/l them and wasting what little internal app storage. I noticed after install I went from 1.12GB to 1.04GB (rfs to ext4 conversion eats up a little of that).
    using root explorer move them yourself.
    06-08-2011 10:23 AM
    One thing I've noticed... I like the gingerbread keyboard and I can't seem to keep it locked on. It keeps unchecking my poor ginger and defaulting back to Samsung on reboot. Any ideas what I can do to keep it on ginger? I've also seen a 'themed swype' mentioned, but can't seem to find that at all... I've never used swype other than a few minutes when I was stock, but never really got into it.
    06-08-2011 10:32 AM

Just wondering... How is it you have that battery indicator? Mine is a dual red circle with a numerical value of battery life left in the middle.
    06-08-2011 10:37 AM
    Im sorry but I m on the road and dont have time to go through all the comments on the thread so I hope Im not repeating a question but my backup assistant is not working was it removed because it is viewed as bloatware? Anyone else experience the same issue?

Once again thanks to DroidXcon for the amazing work as well as constant support...pls keep it up!
    06-08-2011 10:40 AM
    When I first installed AB it did not wipe my phone, everything was there like before the rom was on it, ringtones, settings everything. I would wantch my phone drop 3% sometimes just checking an email, even with the screen off not using the phone it would chew through 5% an hour.

Now after restoring my phone last night it has been almost 9 hours since I took it off the charger and I have only used 8%

I was also getting a low quadrant score, 1101 before and 1500+ after the restore

Holy jesus...that's amazing battery life. So all you did was perform a factory reset on the device? Or did you flash the ED1 stock ROM in Odin and did you stay rooted? And then you had to re-install this ROM, right?

I have SetCPU installed running Altered Beast. Is there a need for it? I have it set to underclock when the screen is off, thinking it will save battery life. Am I right thinking that?
    06-08-2011 10:59 AM

has anyone else experienced the same thing?
    06-08-2011 11:18 AM
    Miss the old icons and deeper black notification bar, ahem
    Same here! LOVE this ROM but I uninstalled the patch because I loved the black notification bar and new icons more that I was bothered by the few menus I couldn't read easily through the carbon fiber!

Thanks for everything guys (but having the dark black notification bar back would seriously rock!)
    06-08-2011 11:23 AM
    I'm definitely looking forward to this being a full featured ROM (well, out of Alpha...). I can't wait to root my Charge and get it on there. I just don't have the time to keep updating the phone with each new update.
    06-08-2011 11:44 AM
    i dont have much to add here but I need to say I LOVE THIS ROM! All the menus are working again and it is so fast it's beastly!
    06-08-2011 11:54 AM
    using root explorer move them yourself.
    Not sure, but I think it may install it to the system folder. When I checked the app size in the settings section it says Maps 36k and Gmail 176k. Yet I am pretty sure it took up space, when your phone only has 1.04GB of free phone storage you really want to make sure the built in apps are updating to the system folder, which could very well be happening.

I also did start to notice some of the menus that are hard to read through the carbon fiber, but I started out with V4+4.1.1 patch so I wasn't aware of how V4 looked on it's own.

I may experiment tonight and flash back to Rooted Stock ED1, then install just V4 and get a sense from that before I put the patch back on. Any word on V5 or what types of continued enhancements will be coming along.

Battery life so far for me, started my phone at 7am, push email from Gmail and Exchange, installed a few updated apps and made 2 calls, currently @ 85% on an extended battery.
    06-08-2011 12:25 PM
1,276 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD