01-11-2012 10:50 PM
1,276 12345 ...
tools
    Ok I know most people dont need it but I have to have visual voice mail back. Is there anyway I can download the apk or something. I have to have it for work. Cant use Google Voice as it does not work for some reason.

Thanks for everything by the way.
    05-25-2011 11:54 AM
    @Every1

I hope you are all enjoying the build , im sorry about the little bloatware quirks but thats what happens when you debloat for the masses what is important to you may not be important for other and vice versa. I will post apks for VVM and calendar in the OP and include those two in the future builds.

Also Is there anyone that is a really good writer. please contact me by PM if you think you are.

Thanks so much for trying out my rom
    dspolen likes this.
    05-25-2011 12:16 PM
    Ok I know most people dont need it but I have to have visual voice mail back. Is there anyway I can download the apk or something. I have to have it for work. Cant use Google Voice as it does not work for some reason.

Thanks for everything by the way.
    are you not able to dial *86...or do you just prefer visual voice mail...I used to use it, but it takes up memory and cost 2.99 a month so I said to hell with hit.
    05-25-2011 12:23 PM
    @Every1

I hope you are all enjoying the build , im sorry about the little bloatware quirks but thats what happens when you debloat for the masses what is important to you may not be important for other and vice versa. I will post apks for VVM and calendar in the OP and include those two in the future builds.

Also Is there anyone that is a really good writer. please contact me by PM if you think you are.

Thanks so much for trying out my rom

You should just post the apk and give the option of the person flashing, the decision to add them back or not. I know a lot of rom builders do it this way, that way you have a base rom the way you prefer and just post the files for download for anyone that might need some thing back. No reason why that wouldn't work out. Unless it's some thing that can't be easily added back with an .apk then I would understand, but if it's a simple task of the end user adding it back themselves I say leave it like that.
    05-25-2011 12:28 PM
    are you not able to dial *86...or do you just prefer visual voice mail...I used to use it, but it takes up memory and cost 2.99 a month so I said to hell with hit.
    I can do that yes. I just sell Verizon Wireless phones so I use it to show what it is. 2.99 is a rip off I know. I really use it everyday though so I need it. Unless you have a suggestion on how to get Google Voice Mail to work. I have it installed and can make and receive calls, but when I set up the Voice Mail part it says Service Provider not supported.
    05-25-2011 12:32 PM
    You should just post the apk and give the option of the person flashing, the decision to add them back or not. I know a lot of rom builders do it this way, that way you have a base rom the way you prefer and just post the files for download for anyone that might need some thing back. No reason why that wouldn't work out. Unless it's some thing that can't be easily added back with an .apk then I would understand, but if it's a simple task of the end user adding it back themselves I say leave it like that.
    +1 I like to have a base as well. But I do need the calender and VVM. I also like the stock music player.

Anyway I tried to install the Calender and VVM(THANK YOU). I downloaded to my computer and sent them to myself in gmail. It said install which I did for both and both failed. Did I do it wrong?
    05-25-2011 12:42 PM
    I can do that yes. I just sell Verizon Wireless phones so I use it to show what it is. 2.99 is a rip off I know. I really use it everyday though so I need it. Unless you have a suggestion on how to get Google Voice Mail to work. I have it installed and can make and receive calls, but when I set up the Voice Mail part it says Service Provider not supported.
    I never use google voice,so I would be no help there man...I understand what you are saying though, gotta sell your product...What's that saying "gotta spend money to make money"...LOL..i think I will look into google voice as alot of people use it..If I find a solution I'll let you know.
    05-25-2011 12:42 PM
    +1 I like to have a base as well. But I do need the calender and VVM. I also like the stock music player.

Anyway I tried to install the Calender and VVM(THANK YOU). I downloaded to my computer and sent them to myself in gmail. It said install which I did for both and both failed. Did I do it wrong?
    I beleive you have to put the .apk's in the system/app folder than reset your device, don't install just reset it should load on reboot...Some one correct me if I am wrong.
    DroidXcon likes this.
    05-25-2011 12:43 PM

use a root explorer or any other explorer the supports root, and just move the apk so the /system/app folder then reboot your device
    05-25-2011 12:45 PM
    I never use google voice,so I would be no help there man...I understand what you are saying though, gotta sell your product...What's that saying "gotta spend money to make money"...LOL..i think I will look into google voice as alot of people use it..If I find a solution I'll let you know.
    Thank you Sir
    05-25-2011 12:45 PM
    use a root explorer or any other explorer the supports root, and just move the apk so the /system/app folder then reboot your device
    Thank you Sir. Also is there a way to get the stock Desk Top Dock. I use that for my alarm. This is the best root I've ever used by the way. So a donation is on its way from me. Are you able to tell whom you get them from?
    05-25-2011 12:47 PM
    Thank you Sir. Also is there a way to get the stock Desk Top Dock. I use that for my alarm. This is the best root I've ever used by the way. So a donation is on its way from me. Are you able to tell whom you get them from?
    Desk cradle added to OP... thank you so much, you can add a note or a comment to let me know.
    05-25-2011 12:56 PM
    Desk cradle added to OP... thank you so much, you can add a note or a comment to let me know.
    Donation sent. Thanks
    05-25-2011 01:05 PM
    So I downloaded all three apks to sd card. I bought Root Explorer and proceeded to move to system/app. The Desk Top worked just fine but the other two are not working for some reason. It keeps saying on both "you cannot paste here because the file system is read only" Any thoughts?
    05-25-2011 02:01 PM
    So I downloaded all three apks to sd card. I bought Root Explorer and proceeded to move to system/app. The Desk Top worked just fine but the other two are not working for some reason. It keeps saying on both "you cannot paste here because the file system is read only" Any thoughts?
    Hit the button to mount r/w....if that won't let you reboot and try again

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    05-25-2011 02:04 PM
    Hit the button to mount r/w....if that won't let you reboot and try again

I don't know. I did exactly what you said and they went in there like they should. I've installed and rebooted three times. Still no go. Thanks for the replies and help.
    05-25-2011 02:23 PM
    I don't know. I did exactly what you said and they went in there like they should. I've installed and rebooted three times. Still no go. Thanks for the replies and help.
    Maybe someone running stock van check permissions for us. Or when my boss leaves ill flash back to stock

05-25-2011 02:41 PM
    Maybe someone running stock van check permissions for us. Or when my boss leaves ill flash back to stock

i was able to put the calendar apk in system/app folder but still have no calendar or ability to sync after reboot with a third party calendar.
    05-25-2011 03:13 PM
    i was able to put the calendar apk in system/app folder but still have no calendar or ability to sync after reboot with a third party calendar.
    try this Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
    05-25-2011 03:19 PM
    Boom! That worked. Now if you can find out how get VVM to work I would be a happy man. Thanks

05-25-2011 03:36 PM
    Boom! That worked. Now if you can find out how get VVM to work I would be a happy man. Thanks

i have never used this feature so i didnt think twice about getting rid of it lol. ok ill keep looking into it,, thanks for everything by the way i really appreciate the donation it is going towards the FTP server so i dont have to use multiupload
    05-25-2011 03:38 PM
    Will I have to go back to ED1 before I do this thanks.......?
    05-25-2011 03:47 PM
    Will I have to go back to ED1 before I do this thanks.......?
    nope this is an ED2 build
    05-25-2011 03:53 PM
    Ummmm.. calendar seems to be gone... i have a 3rd party calendar app but it depends on the basic calendar. Idk if this was already posted about or not, just flashed the ROM a minute ago and have to run and teach a class so don't have time to read the whole thread... Check in after class (or during if i get all the grading done i need too while my kids take a test)
    05-25-2011 04:07 PM
    Ummmm.. calendar seems to be gone... i have a 3rd party calendar app but it depends on the basic calendar. Idk if this was already posted about or not, just flashed the ROM a minute ago and have to run and teach a class so don't have time to read the whole thread... Check in after class (or during if i get all the grading done i need too while my kids take a test)
    try placing the above in your /system/app folder using root explorer(or somthing similar) and rebooting your phone
    SirLance99 likes this.
    05-25-2011 04:10 PM
1,276 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD